Our latest collection of quotes on life lessons on Everyday Power Blog.
It’s easy to go through life living in regrets and focusing on the negative things of the past. It can be a challenge to shake off what has held you back and move forward towards a bright future.
But as long as you focus on the negative baggage from yesterday, it’s going to keep you from getting to where you want to go. Focusing on your past mistakes, what hurt you and what didn’t work out can only stop you from the bright future you envisioned.
To start afresh and move forward, there are a lot of things you are going to want to drop. Whether it’s a betrayal, bad childhood, divorce, or bad job, you have to let it go and move forward.
You cannot do anything about what happened in the past but you can do something about your future. Your past is not as important as what’s ahead; so you cannot let it poison your future.
There’s a lot the world can teach us. Here are some powerful moving on quotes on life lessons to inspire you to live a happier, healthier and more meaningful life.
Quotes with life lessons to help you move on
1. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” ― Chico Xavier
2. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
3. “I do a good job of staying positive and just moving on.” – Katie Taylor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
4. “You can only lose what you cling to.”— Buddha
5. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou
6. “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
7. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
8. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
9. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”– Raymond Lindquist
10. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” ― Nicholas Sparks
Quotes about life lessons and moving on
11. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.” ― Roy T. Bennett
12. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.”– Mandy Hale
13. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
14. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”– Lyndon B. Johnson
15. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
16. “Think of each failure, each heartache, and each loss in your life as a lesson in courage and resilience.” – Kate Anderson
17. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
18. “You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
19. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”– Guy Finley
20. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber
Inspirational quotes on life lessons
21. “If there’s a single lesson that life teaches us, it’s that wishing doesn’t make it so.” ― Lev Grossman
22. “My greatest life lessons have not come from any achievements I have attained but rather from the failures, heartaches, and setbacks that I have experienced.” – Dr. Marshall Hennington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
23. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.”– Dan Brown
24. “It’s not the mistake that matters, it’s how you interpret the lesson.” – Michelle C. Ustaszeski
25. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
26. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” – Steve Maraboli
27. “I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.” – A.G.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
28. “Your past does not equal your future.”– Anthony Robbins
29. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” ― Nicole Sobon
30. “You don’t have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you.” ― Jojo Moyes
Quotes about life lessons and mistakes
31. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
32. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” – Les Brown
33. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”– Herman Hesse
34. “Most people claim that they feel like they’re trapped in a rat race, without an exit. While we can all feel this way from time to time, it’s important to know that there is a way out.” – Debeena Harris
35. “Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato
36. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” ― Richard Branson
37. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
38. “We all make them, the difference is what we do after we make the mistake, how we see the mistake – a learning experience or a failure.” – Catherine Pulsifer
39. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
40. “There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.” – Melanie Koulouris
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
Powerful quotes on life lessons
41. “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
42. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”– Joseph Campbell
43. “Over the years I’ve come to realize that mistakes are just lessons, life lessons almost like school. Once you’ve learned a lesson in class, you move on to the next lesson because now you know it. Well mistakes are exactly the same.” – Rashard Royster
44. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – B. Nicole
45. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
46. “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
47. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell
48. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” ― Shannon L. Alder
49. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back-you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” ― Jodi Picoult
50. “I’ve been burdened with blame trapped in the past for too long, I’m moving on” ― Rascal Flatts
Other motivational quotes on life lessons
51. “To be successful, you must act big, think big and talk big.” – Aristotle Onassis
52. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react.” –Tony Robbins
53. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
54. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
55. “A man who wakes up and finds himself a success hasn’t been asleep.” – Dave Thomas
56. “Be yourself — everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
57. “Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity.” – Ajaero Tony Martins
58. “I don’t dwell on the things that are too late to fix, but I do my best to get life’s lessons and put them into action.” – Les Brown
59. “Never be ashamed! There’s some who will hold it against you, but they are not worth bothering with.” – J.K. Rowling
60. “Fear is not a good teacher. The lessons of fear are quickly forgotten.” – Mary Catherine Bateson
More quotes on life lessons
61. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
62. “Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.” – Roy T. Bennett
63. “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett
64. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.” – Roy T. Bennett
65. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
66. “It’s clearly easier to get the snake out of the sack than it is to shove it back.” – Mary Morris
67. “Knowing when to forgive yourself and correct yourself is a blessing.” – Angel Moreira
68. “When something happens and it causes us pain, the pain is there to teach us a lesson. It is not so that we feel pain for the sake of pain.” – Cave Man
69. “Be humble to those who praise you, pleasant to those who honor you, kind to those who cherish you, good to those who love you, and generous to those who adore you.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
70. “We cannot change the past. We can only take action in the present and, therefore, change the future.” – Ken Poirot
Which of these quotes on life lessons was your favorite?
Although life can throw a sucker punch at you, you have to stay on course and remain focused on where you want to go. Success is waiting for you; so you cannot live a life limited by fear, anger, ill health, or self-imposed barriers.
Love is all around you. You just have to take the time to feel it for life itself. Hopefully, these quotes have inspired to move on and live life without limits.
Did you enjoy these quotes on life lessons? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.