Our latest collection of quotes on life lessons on Everyday Power.
It’s easy to go through life living in regrets and focusing on the negative things of the past. It can be a challenge to shake off what has held you back and move forward towards a bright future.
But as long as you focus on the negative baggage from yesterday, it’s going to keep you from getting to where you want to go. Focusing on your past mistakes, what hurt you and what didn’t work out can only stop you from the bright future you envisioned.
To start afresh and move forward, there are a lot of things you are going to want to drop. Whether it’s a betrayal, bad childhood, divorce, or bad job, you have to let it go and move forward.
You cannot do anything about what happened in the past but you can do something about your future. Your past is not as important as what’s ahead; so you cannot let it poison your future.
There’s a lot the world can teach us. Here are some powerful moving on quotes on life lessons to inspire you to live a happier, healthier and more meaningful life.
Quotes with life lessons to help you move on
1. “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” ― Chico Xavier
2. “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Seneca
3. “I do a good job of staying positive and just moving on.” – Katie Taylor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of short positive quotes to fuel your day.
4. “You can only lose what you cling to.”— Buddha
5. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.”– Mandy Hale
6. “Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.” – Og Mandino
7. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
8. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
9. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.”– Raymond Lindquist
10. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
Quotes about life lessons and moving on
11. “The past is a place of reference, not a place of residence; the past is a place of learning, not a place of living.” ― Roy T. Bennett
12. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou
13. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” ― Nicholas Sparks
Don’t forget to also check out these pieces of life advice that can change your life.
14. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”– Lyndon B. Johnson
15. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
16. “Think of each failure, each heartache, and each loss in your life as a lesson in courage and resilience.” – Kate Anderson
17. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
18. “You can’t move forward if you’re still hanging on.” – Sue Fitzmaurice
19. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.”– Guy Finley
20. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” ― Deborah Reber
Inspirational quotes on life lessons
21. “If there’s a single lesson that life teaches us, it’s that wishing doesn’t make it so.” ― Lev Grossman
22. “My greatest life lessons have not come from any achievements I have attained but rather from the failures, heartaches, and setbacks that I have experienced.” – Dr. Marshall Hennington
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
23. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.”– Dan Brown
24. “It’s not the mistake that matters, it’s how you interpret the lesson.” – Michelle C. Ustaszeski
25. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
26. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” – Steve Maraboli
27. “I am learning to love the sound of my feet walking away from things not meant for me.” – A.G.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of walk away quotes to help you find the motivation and courage you need to change your life.
28. “Your past does not equal your future.”– Anthony Robbins
29. “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go but rather learning to start over.” ― Nicole Sobon
30. “You don’t have to let that one thing be the thing that defines you.” ― Jojo Moyes
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Quotes about life lessons and mistakes
31. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
32. “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” – Les Brown
33. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”– Herman Hesse
34. “Most people claim that they feel like they’re trapped in a rat race, without an exit. While we can all feel this way from time to time, it’s important to know that there is a way out.” – Debeena Harris
35. “Only the dead have seen the end of war.” ― Plato
36. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” ― Richard Branson
37. “A man must be big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
38. “We all make them, the difference is what we do after we make the mistake, how we see the mistake – a learning experience or a failure.” – Catherine Pulsifer
39. “You make mistakes. Mistakes don’t make you.” – Maxwell Maltz
40. “There is no sense in punishing your future for the mistakes of your past. Forgive yourself, grow from it, and then let it go.” – Melanie Koulouris
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of mistake quotes about learning from error.
Powerful quotes on life lessons
41. “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” ― Oprah Winfrey
42. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.”– Joseph Campbell
43. “Over the years I’ve come to realize that mistakes are just lessons, life lessons almost like school. Once you’ve learned a lesson in class, you move on to the next lesson because now you know it. Well mistakes are exactly the same.” – Rashard Royster
44. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – B. Nicole
45. “Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli
46. “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
47. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”– Alexander Graham Bell
48. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” ― Shannon L. Alder
49. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back-you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” ― Jodi Picoult
50. “I’ve been burdened with blame trapped in the past for too long, I’m moving on” ― Rascal Flatts
Don’t forget to also check out these history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
Other motivational quotes on life lessons
51. “To be successful, you must act big, think big and talk big.” – Aristotle Onassis
52. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react.” –Tony Robbins
53. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
54. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” – Seneca
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
55. “A man who wakes up and finds himself a success hasn’t been asleep.” – Dave Thomas
56. “Be yourself — everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
57. “Behind every adversity is an opportunity. If you lament over the adversity, you will miss the opportunity.” – Ajaero Tony Martins
58. “I don’t dwell on the things that are too late to fix, but I do my best to get life’s lessons and put them into action.” – Les Brown
59. “Never be ashamed! There’s some who will hold it against you, but they are not worth bothering with.” – J.K. Rowling
60. “Fear is not a good teacher. The lessons of fear are quickly forgotten.” – Mary Catherine Bateson
More quotes on life lessons
61. “Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
62. “Make improvements, not excuses. Seek respect, not attention.” – Roy T. Bennett
63. “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett
64. “Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others.” – Roy T. Bennett
65. “In this life, when you deny someone an apology, you will remember it at time you beg forgiveness.” – Toba Beta
66. “It’s clearly easier to get the snake out of the sack than it is to shove it back.” – Mary Morris
67. “Knowing when to forgive yourself and correct yourself is a blessing.” – Angel Moreira
68. “When something happens and it causes us pain, the pain is there to teach us a lesson. It is not so that we feel pain for the sake of pain.” – Cave Man
69. “Be humble to those who praise you, pleasant to those who honor you, kind to those who cherish you, good to those who love you, and generous to those who adore you.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
70. “We cannot change the past. We can only take action in the present and, therefore, change the future.” – Ken Poirot
71. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” ―Mary Tyler Moore
72. “There are no passengers on spaceship earth. We are all crew.” ―Marshall McLuhan
73. “Avoid doing the same you always do or the day will fill like an incoming tide.” – Allan Jenkins
74. “Life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
75. “In every success story, you will find someone who has made a courageous decision.” –
Peter F. Drucker
Thought-provoking quotes with life lessons to help you move on
76. “Forget the past.” – Nelson Mandela
77. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
78. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
79. “Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror.” – Byrd Baggett
80. “We can not become what we need to by remaining what we are.” – Oprah Winfrey
81. “People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what’s bitter and move on.” – Bill Cosby
82. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
83. “Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
84. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It wont happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ’I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen
85. “There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
86. “Sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
Life lesson quotes we could all benefit from
87. “The biggest lesson I had in my life was failure.” — Tim Rice
88. “Life’s too mysterious to take too serious.” — Mary Engelbreit
89. “You’re never wrong if you love and help people.” — Maxime Lagacé
90. “Life taught me love is risky. Death taught me to love even more.” — Maxime Lagacé
91. “Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.” — Helen Keller
92. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.” — Albert Einstein
93. “The one thing that I keep learning over and over again is that I don’t know nothing. I mean, that’s my life lesson.” — Dwayne Johnson
94. “The Universe is one great kindergarten for man. Everything that exists has brought with it its own peculiar lesson.” — Orison Swett Marden
95. “My greatest life lesson has been that life can change in a second. This is why it’s important to always live your best possible life and to do what you can for others.” — Niki Taylor
96. “The biggest lesson I learned this year is to not force anything; conversations, friendships, relationships, attention, love. Anything forced is just not worth fighting for, whatever flows flows, what crashes crashes.” — Amanda Rose
Life Lesson quotes you should remember everyday
97. “Short cuts make long delays.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
98. “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” — Sophia Loren
99. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.” — Soren Kierkegaard
100. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
101. “Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you don’t deserve what you want.” — Heath Ledger
102. “The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn.” — David Russell
103. “Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.” — Rita Mae Brown
104. “Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.” — Denis Waitley
105. “Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way.” — Al Franken
106. “In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Which of these quotes on life lessons was your favorite?
Although life can throw a sucker punch at you, you have to stay on course and remain focused on where you want to go. Success is waiting for you; so you cannot live a life limited by fear, anger, ill health, or self-imposed barriers.
Love is all around you. You just have to take the time to feel it for life itself. Hopefully, these quotes have inspired you to move on and live life without limits.
Did you enjoy these quotes on life lessons? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Tell us in the comment section below. We would love to hear all about it.
March 23, 2022 2:15 AM EST