Whether you have been married for years or are engaged, our newlywed quotes are the perfect inspiration for any bond.
What is a newlywed couple?
A newlywed couple is two people who were recently married to each other.
Marriage is a significant milestone in anyone’s life.
Ideally, a marriage signifies that two people feel intimately aligned in a way that forever bonds them as a team.
Adjusting to married life can take effort and patience from newlywed couples.
Below are some common experiences newlywed couples must adjust to get used to:
- Checking in with one another.
- Making big purchases together.
- Having their first big fight as a married couple.
Marriage adds a new element to the relationship, even for couples who know everything about each other.
Living together, intimacy, finances, and personal habits are all impacted when the vows are said and done.
Marriage can be exciting and the time experienced as a newlywed can teach us much about ourselves and our relationship.
Some of these lessons can be difficult; perhaps that is why more than half of marriages in the U.S. end up in divorce.
Weddings can be expensive, and planning them can be stressful.
The newlywed period can be an exciting
It offers us time to recover from all the energy it took to plan the wedding while providing us opportunities to reflect on our new life.
There are plenty of fun and exciting adjustments to be made.
Saying “my husband” or “my wife” may take a little getting used to, but it becomes natural quickly.
Some other elements could be better; For example, if you did a name change, the process can be a headache.
Check out our awesome newlywed quotes below.
Check out our collection of wedding quotes if you enjoy this article.
Short newlywed quotes
Here are some quick quotes full of love.
1. “Reader, I married him.” — Jane Eyre
2. “Where there is love, there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
3. “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
4. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.” — Jeremy Taylor
5. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” — Audrey Hepburn
6. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
7. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” — Henny Youngman
8. “A happy marriage is a long conversation that always seems short.” — André Maurois
9. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” — Sophocles
10. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” — William Lyon Phelps
Inspirational newlywed quotes
These quotes will help strengthen the bond of any pair of newlyweds.
11. “Love rests on no foundation. It is an endless ocean, with no beginning or end.” — Rumi
12. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” — Prince Philip
13. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
14. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” — Albert Einstein
15. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” — Tom Mullen
16. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.” — Will Ferrell
17. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” — Socrates
18. “The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you love to be with them all the time.” — Julia Child
19. “Compromise, communicate, and never go to bed angry — the three pieces of advice gifted and regifted to all newlyweds.” — Gillian Flynn
20. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
Newlywed quotes that will make your day
Here we have some marriage quotes from a diverse group of notable people.
21. “It is such a happiness when good people get together, and they always do.” — Jane Austen
22. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” — Lao Tzu
23. “People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
24. “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” — Maya Angelou
25. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
26. “Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground.” — Darlene Schach
27. “One day, in your search for happiness, you discover a partner by your side, and you realize that your happiness has come to help you search.” — Robert Brault
28. “Every heart sings a song, incomplete until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.” — Plato
29. “Once upon a time, I became yours, and you became mine. And we’ll stay together through the tears and the laughter because that’s what they call happily-ever-after.” — Kathy R. Jeffords
30. “When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Beautiful newlywed quotes
These quotes reinforce the power of love.
31. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J. R. R. Tolkien
33. “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
32. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
34. “The beauty of marriage is not always seen from the very beginning—but rather as love grows and develops over time.” — Fawn Weaver
35. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can’t remember how you lived without them.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
36. “A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” — Dave Meurer
37. “Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation.” — Samuel Richardson
38. “What is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul.” — Victor Hugo
39. “I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.” — Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
40. “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate than when I fall asleep your eyes close.” — Pablo Neruda
Newlywed quotes for couples
The perfect marriage involves both parties loving each other’s differences.
41. “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth, for your love is better than wine.” — King Solomon, Song of Songs 1:2
42. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” — Good Will Hunting
43. “The only people who never have differences with their spouse are people who don’t have a spouse.” — Ngina Otiende
44. “The only part of marriage you have the power to change is the part you see when you look in the mirror.” — Barnabas Achoki
45. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” — Martin Luther
46. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we married.” — Tim Mullen
47. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” — Pearl S. Buck
48. “Your marriage is a glorious bond but don’t take it as an easy task. It is meant to be worked upon similar to all of your other relationships.” — Raymond Eido
49. “This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First, to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” — Rumi
50. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined for life—to strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?” — George Eliot
Make it last forever
Marriage is evolving as we move forward.
In the past, people spent time, money, and resources sending cards announcing their wedding date.
Today, more than 60% of engaged couples announce their wedding and engagement on social media.
Wedding planning used to involve making five hundred phone calls a day, but now people access services, artisans, venues, and anything else they need at their fingertips.
The Internet allows people to share wedding or engagement ideas and themes that inspire others.
71% of weddings in the United States occur between May and October.
Selecting an off-peak date is a great way to save money and open up travel availability.
Some traditions remain, but more and more couples are incorporating unique ideas into their weddings.
Your wedding is an event that should bring you joy and fun.
Do not be afraid to do it your way!
Fewer people are handing out favors, and more than half of newlywed couples opt for an alternative dessert aside from cake.
What are your favorite newlywed quotes and sayings?
Please, be sure to let us know in the comments section.
January 18, 2023 6:26 AM EST