Pablo Neruda was a Chilean Senator and Nobel Prize-winning poet.
He also had a reference in the popular musical Rent!
Poem XVII is arguably his most famous poem.
If you are an exceptionally inquisitive sort, be sure to read through his “Book of Questions”.
You’ll also find some of those questions within the Pablo Neruda quotes below.
Pablo lived an intriguing life as a political activist and writer of sonnets.
He lived in Chile, Spain, and even Paris.
He resigned his political duties when he was diagnosed with cancer.
His thoughts on love and life live on in his work.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Pablo Neruda quotes about being in love
1. “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” ― Pablo Neruda
2. “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.”― Pablo Neruda
3. “To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.” ― Pablo Neruda
4. “Love! Love until the night collapses!” ― Pablo Neruda
5. “Love is the mystery of water and a star.” ― Pablo Neruda
6. “Love is a clash of lightnings” ― Pablo Neruda
7. “Your wide eyes are the only light I know from extinguished constellations.” ― Pablo Neruda
8. “In one kiss, you’ll know all I haven’t said.” ― Pablo Neruda
Don’t forget to also read these Virginia Woolf quotes for understanding life itself
Pablo Neruda quotes about love lost
9. “Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us.” ― Pablo Neruda
10. “Well, now, if little by little you stop loving me I shall stop loving you little by little.” ― Pablo Neruda
11. “I can write the saddest poem of all tonight. I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.”― Pablo Neruda
12. “Don’t leave me, even for an hour, because then the little drops of anguish will all run together, the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift into me, choking my lost heart.” ― Pablo Neruda
13. “It was my destiny to love and say goodbye.” ― Pablo Neruda
14. “Give me your hand out of the depths sown by your sorrows.” ― Pablo Neruda
15. “From sorrow to, sorrow love crosses its islands and establishes roots that are watered by weeping.” ― Pablo Neruda
You will also enjoy our article on rumi quotes.
Pablo Neruda quotes about books, writing, and poetry
16. “Laughter is the language of the soul.” ― Pablo Neruda
17. “It was at that age that poetry came in search of me.”― Pablo Neruda
18. “He who does not travel, who does not read, who does not listen to music, who does not find grace in himself, she who does not find grace in herself, dies slowly.” ― Pablo Neruda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
19. “The books that help you most are those which make you think the most. The hardest way of learning is that of easy reading; but a great book that comes from a great thinker is a ship of thought, deep freighted with truth and beauty.” ― Pablo Neruda
20. “While I’m writing, I’m far away; and when I come back, I’ve gone.” ― Pablo Neruda
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of writing quotes that will inspire you to begin your own writing journey.
21. “I do not dare, I do not dare to write it if you die.” ― Pablo Neruda
22. “And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.” ― Pablo Neruda
23. “Poetry is an act of peace. Peace goes into the making of a poet as flour goes into the making of bread.” ― Pablo Neruda
24. “A bibliophile of little means is likely to suffer often. Books don’t slip from his hands but fly past him through the air, high as birds, high as prices.” ― Pablo Neruda
25. “A book, a book full of human touches, of shirts, a book without loneliness, with men and tools, a book is victory.” ― Pablo Neruda
Also read these eye-opening Thomas Paine quotes that will make you question your philosophy.
What is your favorite Pablo Neruda quote, or piece?
Pablo Neruda reminds us all that there is beauty in loving, and even in love lost.
Life consists of a series of inevitable truths and he had an eloquent way of sharing those truths with others.
I would love to know “What did the tree learn from the Earth to be able to talk with the sky?”
This question is so profound that it will keep me pondering for a while yet.
If you have any answers to Pablo Neruda’s questions feel free to respond in the comment section below!
Also, don’t forget to also share these inspirational Pablo Neruda quotes with your friends and followers.
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST