Want to tap into your inner brainiac? Let this collection of intellectual Albert Einstein quotes gift you with a higher perspective!
It’s been decades since his death, but the legacy that Albert Einstein left behind is still cherished and honored today.
Albert Einstein is widely known for his contribution to science, his theory of relativity, and for winning the Nobel Prize.
Einstein was born in Germany on March 14, 1879, and died on April 18, 1955. He is widely regarded as one of the most influential physicists of the 20th century.
Most people don’t know that Einstein had his Ph.D. by 30 and was a major proponent of social justice and personal responsibility.
The more of Albert Einstein’s work I read, the more I am surprised that a man of such great science was so spiritual, open-minded and love-oriented.
Learning about Einstein has reshaped my thinking about how I view what is ‘real’. I hope it reshapes yours as well!
In his honor, here are some inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Albert Einstein quotes and Albert Einstein sayings, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Remember to also check out our collection of smart logic quotes to boost your brain power.
Albert Einstein quotes about the universe, love and war
1. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
Standardized testing and similar sorts of measure have programmed us to weigh each other on the same scale. We are all wonderfully different and unique and cannot be measured wight he same metrics.
2. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
Einstein was always a huge supporter of the human imagination. He believed it was more important than knowledge alone.
3. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein
4. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” – Albert Einstein
How is it that all these dots can just connect…
Inspiring quotes by Albert Einstein to reshape your thinking
5. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
The average person wants to be told what to do and not worry about figuring things out. Those who are people of value, highly successful and living interesting lives remain curious and fearless of the possibilities.
6. “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” – Albert Einstein
7. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
The level of thinking that got us into the problem will not be the same level that gets us out of it. Whether it’s learning more, getting advice, getting feedback, creating surveys, experimenting with solutions – we must change and expand our thinking to create truly effective solutions.
8. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
YES! The first step is to always be true to yourself. The closer you look at yourself, the further you can go!
9. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
Such a profound statement! How do you see the world? When you look at the simple things that we can often take for granted, how do you feel? When you feel the beat of your heart? Or feel the beat of someone else’s heart? When you look at the night sky? A newborn baby? Someone fighting through a disease? Someone achieving something extraordinary? Is it a series of logical points? Is it a modern day miracle that we have just become conditioned to seeing?
Albert Einstein quotes about the universe and life
10. Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. – Albert Einstein
11. “Black holes are where God divided by zero.” – Albert Einstein
12. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer somebody else up.” – Albert Einstein
13. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
14. “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein
15. “I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking” – Albert Einstein
16. The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. – Albert Einstein
17. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” – Albert Einstein
19. “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” – Albert Einstein
20. “The human spirit must prevail over technology.” – Albert Einstein
21. “All generalizations are false, including this one.” – Albert Einstein
22. “Excellence is doing a common thing in an uncommon way.” – Albert Einstein
Thought provoking quotes by Albert Einstein about war, life and love
23. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
24. “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” – Albert Einstein
25. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.” – Albert Einstein
26. “Our task must be to free ourselves… by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and it’s beauty.” – Albert Einstein
27. “That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.” – Albert Einstein
28. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein
Inspiring quotes by Albert Einstein on love, education, and death
29. “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” – Albert Einstein
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of imagination quotes that will inspire you to unleash the untapped treasures in your mind.
30. “When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That’s relativity.” – Albert Einstein
31. “The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” – Albert Einstein
32. “It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure.” – Albert Einstein
Popular Albert Einstein quotes
33. “The important thing is to not stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day. – Albert Einstein
34. “From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that we are here for the sake of each other – above all for those upon whose smile and well-being our own happiness depends, and also for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day I realize how much my own outer and inner life is built upon the labors of my fellow men, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received.” – Albert Einstein
35. “Everything is determined, the beginning as well as the end, by forces over which we have no control. It is determined for the insect, as well as for the star. Human beings, vegetables, or cosmic dust, we all dance to a mysterious tune, intoned in the distance by an invisible piper.” – Albert Einstein
36. “It seems to me that the idea of a personal God is an anthropological concept which I cannot take seriously. I also cannot imagine some will or goal outside the human sphere… Science has been charged with undermining morality, but the charge is unjust. A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.” – Albert Einstein
37. “Although I am a typical loner in my daily life, my awareness of belonging to the invisible community of those who strive for truth, beauty, and justice has prevented me from feelings of isolation.” – Albert Einstein
38. “Strange is our situation here on Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that man is here for the sake of other men – above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.” – Albert Einstein
39. “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new” – Albert Einstein
40. “Never memorize something that you can look up.” – Albert Einstein
41. “There comes a time when the mind takes a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there.” – Albert Einstein
42. “Human beings must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.” – Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein quotes to elevate your mind
43. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
44. “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
45. “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
46. “We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.” – Albert Einstein
47. “Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” – Albert Einstein
48. “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
49. “The only mistake in life is the lesson not learned.” – Albert Einstein
50. “No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.” – Albert Einstein
51. “I have only two rules which I regard as principles of conduct. The first is: Have no rules. The second is: Be independent of the opinion of others.” – Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein quotes that will make you think
52. “You can’t use an old map to explore a new world.” – Albert Einstein
53. “I must be willing to give up what I am in order to become what I will be.” – Albert Einstein
54. “Intelligence is not the ability to store information, but to know where to find it.” – Albert Einstein
55. “The mind that opens to a new idea never returns to its original size.” – Albert Einstein
56. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” –Albert Einstein
57. “Knowledge and ego are directly related. the less knowledge, the greater the ego.” – Albert Einstein
58. “We cannot get to where we dream of being tomorrow unless we change our thinking today.” – Albert Einstein
59. “Genius is making complex ideas simple, not making simple ideas complex.” – Albert Einstein
60. “Experience is knowledge. All the rest is information.” – Albert Einstein
More Albert Einstein quotes and sayings
61. “I don’t need to know everything, I just need to know where to find it, when I need it.” – Albert Einstein
62. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
63. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” – Albert Einstein
64. “Love is a better master than duty.” – Albert Einstein
65. “The man with the greatest soul will always face the greatest war with the low-minded person.” – Albert Einstein
66. “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
67. “In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.” – Albert Einstein
68. “The creative imagination is the essential element of a true scientist, and fairy tales are the childhood stimulus to this quality.” – Albert Einstein
69. “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.” – Albert Einstein
70. “Be the best-loved who have contributed most to.” – Albert Einstein
71. “What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.” – Albert Einstein
Which Albert Einstein quotes were your favorite?
Einstein was one of the most influential scientists of the 20th century, and his opinions on many topics went beyond the realm of science and physics.
Hopefully, these Albert Einstein quotes were able to impact you in one way or another. Because if one thing is certain, they are just as progressive today as they were then!
Such a brilliant man with an equally brilliant mind that had the ability to shape the future of the world as we know it.
Did you enjoy these Albert Einstein quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 3, 2021 6:00 AM EST