Want to tap into your inner brainiac?
Let this collection of intellectual Albert Einstein quotes gift you a higher perspective!
It’s been decades since his death, but the legacy that Albert Einstein left behind is still cherished and honored today.
Albert Einstein is widely known for his contribution to science, his theory of relativity, and for winning the Nobel Prize.
Einstein was born in Germany on March 14, 1879, and died on April 18, 1955.
He is widely regarded as one of the most influential physicists of the 20th century.
Einstein developed the theory of general relativity, one of the pillars of modern physics, and made pioneering contributions to the study of quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, and cosmology.
In 1921, he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for his explanation of the photoelectric effect.
Most people don’t know that Einstein had his Ph.D. by 30 and was a major proponent of social justice and personal responsibility.
Besides his scientific work, he was a passionate advocate for pacifism and civil rights, and he immigrated to the United States in 1933 to escape the rise of Naziism in Europe.
The more Albert Einstein’s work I read, the more I am surprised that a man of such great science was so spiritual, open-minded, and love-oriented.
Learning about Einstein has reshaped my thinking about what is ‘real’.
I hope it reshapes yours as well!
His legacy continues to be relevant and widely studied in modern physics research, and he remains an iconic figure in popular culture as a symbol of genius and creativity.
In his honor, here are some inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Albert Einstein quotes and Albert Einstein sayings collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you need more inspirational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Albert Einstein quotes about the universe, love and war
1. “Pure mathematics is, in its way, the poetry of logical ideas.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on granddaughter quotes.
2. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” – Albert Einstein
3. “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.” – Albert Einstein
How is it that all these dots can just connect…
4. The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. – Albert Einstein
Inspiring quotes by Albert Einstein to reshape your thinking
5. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
The average person wants to be told what to do and not worry about figuring things out. Those who are people of value, highly successful and living interesting lives remain curious and fearless of the possibilities.
6. “If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on John Wick quotes.
7. “The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer somebody else up.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
8. “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
YES! The first step is to always be true to yourself. The closer you look at yourself, the further you can go!
9. “Black holes are where God divided by zero.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on wisdom quotes.
10. Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. – Albert Einstein
Albert Einstein quotes about the universe and life
11. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
Such a profound statement! How do you see the world? When you look at the simple things that we can often take for granted, how do you feel? When you feel the beat of your heart? Or feel the beat of someone else’s heart? When you look at the night sky? A newborn baby? Someone fighting through a disease? Someone achieving something extraordinary? Is it a series of logical points? Is it a modern day miracle that we have just become conditioned to seeing?
12. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
The level of thinking that got us into the problem will not be the same level that gets us out of it. Whether it’s learning more, getting advice, getting feedback, creating surveys, experimenting with solutions – we must change and expand our thinking to create truly effective solutions.
13. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” – Albert Einstein
14. “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein
15. “I never made one of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking” – Albert Einstein
16. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” – Albert Einstein
Some things have no limits! 🙂
17. “All generalizations are false, including this one.” – Albert Einstein
18. “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
Standardized testing and similar sorts of measure have programmed us to weigh each other on the same scale. We are all wonderfully different and unique and cannot be measured wight he same metrics.
19. “Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.” – Albert Einstein
20. “The human spirit must prevail over technology.” – Albert Einstein
21. “If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.” – Albert Einstein
Einstein was always a huge supporter of the human imagination. He believed it was more important than knowledge alone.
22. “Excellence is doing a common thing in an uncommon way.” – Albert Einstein
Thought provoking quotes by Albert Einstein about war, life and love
23. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
24. “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” – Albert Einstein
25. “The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.” – Albert Einstein
Which Albert Einstein quotes were your favorite?
Einstein was one of the most influential scientists of the 20th century, and his opinions on many topics went beyond the realm of science and physics.
Hopefully, these Albert Einstein quotes were able to impact you in one way or another.
Because if one thing is certain, they are just as progressive today as they were then!
Such a brilliant man with an equally brilliant mind that had the ability to shape the future of the world as we know it.
If you want more quotes from a brilliant scientist, check out these Jonas Salk Quotes!
Did you enjoy these Albert Einstein quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.