Audrey Hepburn Quotes On Life, Style and Children
The epitome of style and grace, these Audrey Hepburn quotes are as lovely as her.
August 12, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Audrey Hepburn captivated audiences and fashion lovers with her style, charm, and grace.
But in addition to her unmistakable beauty and effortless style, she was a wonderful person inside and out.
Read on to find our collection of Audrey Hepburn quotes that will open your heart and mind!
Audrey Hepburn was a Belgian-American actress known for her humble and charming personality and her humanitarian work for children in need.
Born on May 4, 1929, in Brussels, Belgium, she rose from being a victim of the Nazi occupation to becoming one of Hollywood’s most popular box-office attractions.
Besides starring in many Hollywood films, Audrey Hepburn also worked as a special ambassador to the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) where she dedicated her life to helping impoverished children in poor countries of the world.
She visited various African and South Asian countries where she nursed sick children and raised awareness of the conditions in these nations.
Audrey attended school in England and the Netherlands.
Her father abandoned the family when she was young, so she was raised by her strict mother.
She was living with her mother in the Netherlands when the German invasion and occupation occurred during World War 2.
Life was hard during this time and she had to survive Nazi brutality and the Dutch famine over the winter of 1944.
She dug up and ate tulip bulbs to survive the famine, danced ballet for groups of people to raise money, and stayed in bed and read to help her forget the hunger.
After the war, Audrey and her mother moved to London, where she began acting in films mainly to raise money to support her family.
She became a star following her starring role in the Hollywood film, Roman Holiday, which won her the 1953 Academy Award for Best Actress.
Audrey went on to star in dozens of films with other major actors and was nominated for three other Academy Awards besides the one she won for Roman Holiday.
Audrey died of cancer on 20 January 1993, at the age of 63.
Below you’ll find our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking, Audrey Hepburn quotes and sayings.
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational Viktor Frankl quotes on life, suffering and success.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Amazing Audrey Hepburn Quotes On Life, Style and Children
1. “Life is a party. Dress like it.” – Audrey Hepburn
You will also enjoy our article on Mamma Mia quotes.
2. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” – Audrey Hepburn
3. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”- Audrey Hepburn
4. “Why change? Everyone has his own style. When you have found it, you should stick to it.”- Audrey Hepburn
5. “Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.”- Audrey Hepburn
6. “I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.”- Audrey Hepburn
7. “You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.”- Audrey Hepburn
8. “There is more to feminine charm than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much femininity, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.”- Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn quotes on style and humor
9. “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”- Audrey Hepburn
10. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.”- Audrey Hepburn
11. “The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides.”- Audrey Hepburn
12. “I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.”- Audrey Hepburn
13. “I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.”- Audrey Hepburn
14. “I may not always be offered work, but I’ll always have my family.”- Audrey Hepburn
15. “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”- Audrey Hepburn
16. “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”- Audrey Hepburn
17. “Your heart just breaks, that’s all. But you can’t judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.”- Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn quotes on life and love
18. “The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a Woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she knows.”- Audrey Hepburn
19. “When you have nobody you can make a cup of tea for, when nobody needs you, that’s when I think life is over.”- Audrey Hepburn
20. “Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.”- Audrey Hepburn
21. “Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn’t help if you’re ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.”- Audrey Hepburn
22. “You can always tell what kind of a person a man really thinks you are by the earrings he gives you.”- Audrey Hepburn
23. “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.”- Audrey Hepburn
24. “The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.”- Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn quotes to inspire and teach
25. “Since the world has existed, there has been injustice. But it is one world, the more so as it becomes smaller, more accessible. There is just no question that there is more obligation that those who have should give to those who have nothing.” – Audrey Hepburn
Did you Enjoy these Audrey Hepburn Quotes?
As someone who overcame devastating times and accomplished so much in her life, Audrey Hepburn clearly tapped into her Everyday Power.
Hopefully, these Audrey Hepburn quotes have inspired you to tap into your full potential, face your challenges and impact other people’s lives positively.
Despite her achievements, she was a humble and kind person who put other people before her.
Which Audrey Hepburn quotes were your favorite?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes from Audrey Hepburn to share with us?
Tell us in the comment section below.
We would love to hear all about it.
March 25, 2020 at 6:40 PM
Audrey Hepburn was more than I even realized. However she was always my favorite person. I believe that the devastating times she went through greatly contributed to her wisdom and humility. Humility is true greatness.