The following wedding quotes on love, friendship, and marriage are sure to inspire you on your big day.
Your wedding is a day you’ve probably been planning in some aspect for years.
Maybe you even started your Wedding Pinterest Board before you’d met your Mr. or Mrs. Right.
And why not?
Your wedding will be one of the most unforgettable days in your life.
There is so much to plan, from the flowers and the venue to the speeches and the vows, it’s easy to get caught in the midst of planning and forget what marriage is really about.
So, whether you’ve already found that special someone, or if you’re still looking for that one person to spend the rest of your life with, let these wedding quotes inspire you on your big day.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Wedding quotes about falling in love
1. “We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.” — Dr. Seuss
You will also enjoy our article on new friends quotes.
2. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
You will also enjoy our article on brotherhood quotes.
3. “Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on Krishna quotes.
4. “Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can’t help falling in love with you.” — Elvis
You will also enjoy our article on best friend quotes.
5. “It’s amazing how one day someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can’t remember how you lived without them.” — Anurag Prakash Ray
6. “When you trip over love, it is easy to get up. But when you fall in love, it is impossible to stand again.” — Albert Einstein
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of wedding day quotes to celebrate your love.
Wedding quotes to inspire a successful marriage
7. “Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquility of a lovely sunset.” — Ann Landers
8. “Remember that creating a successful marriage is like farming: you have to start over again every morning.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
9. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way, they express their love.” — Pearl S. Buck
10. “A marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” — Barbara De Angelis
11. “Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground.” — Darlene Schacht
12. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” — Good Will Hunting
13. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” — Robert Quillen
14. “A great marriage is not when the ‘perfect couple’ comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” — Dave Meurer
15. “In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; then thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self.” — William Penn
Check out our collection of newlywed quotes if you enjoy this article.
Wedding quotes that celebrate love
16. “True love stories never have endings.” — Richard Bach
17. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Seuss
18. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” — The Vow
19. “Love at first sight is easy to understand; it’s when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle.” — Sam Levenson
20. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” — Nicole Krauss
21. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” — Edgar Allan Poe
22. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” — Leo Christopher
23. “You are my greatest adventure.” — UP
24. “I love her and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” — The Great Gatsby
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Great Gatsby quotes on love and loss.
25. “Who, being loved, is poor?” — Oscar Wilde
26. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.” — Jeremy Taylor
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our selection of friendship quotes celebrating life-long relationships.
27. “I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect, and I loved you even more.” — Angelita Lim
28. “Where there is love there is life.” — Mahatma Gandhi
Wedding quotes that will make you chuckle
29. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” — Rita Rudner
30. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” — Erma Bombeck
31. “Marriage is like twirling a baton, turning a handspring, or eating with chopsticks: It looks easy until you try it.” — Helen Rowland
32. “True love is the greatest thing in the world, except for a nice MLT — mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato is ripe.” — The Princess Bride
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of great Princess Bride quotes from the 80s classic film.
33. “The ideal husband understands every word his wife doesn’t say.” — Alfred Hitchcock
Wedding quotes about being in love forever
34. “I would rather spend one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
35. “Walking with your hands in mine and mine in yours, that’s exactly where I want to be always.” — Fawn Weaver
36. “Grow old along with me; the best is yet to be.” — Robert Browning
37. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — A. A. Milne
38. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
39. “I want all of you, forever. You and me, every day.” — The Notebook
40. “You make me happier than I ever thought I could be, and if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way.” — Friends
Wedding quotes on Marriage
41. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” — William Lyon Phelps
42. “The older I get, the less time I want to spend with the part of the human race that didn’t marry me.” — Robert Brault
43. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” — Audrey Hepburn
44. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that create your love story.” — Jennifer Smith
45. “Many people spend more time in planning the wedding than they do in planning the marriage.” — Zig Ziglar
46. “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance, and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” — Paul Sweeney
47. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” — Simone Signoret
48. “Marriage is a risk; I think it’s a great and glorious risk, as long as you embark on the adventure in the same spirit.” — Cate Blanchett
49. “Marriage, ultimately, is the practice of becoming passionate friends.” — Harville Hendrix
50. “To get the full value of joy, you must have someone to divide it with.” — Mark Twain
More wedding quotes and sayings
51. “Loving someone doesn’t mean that you only care for them when you feel like it. It means that you forgive them when they mess up.” – Carole Matthews
52. “Marriage is the beginning of love for your spouse, not the result of it.” – Shannon L. Alder
53. “You shouldn’t marry someone you thought you could live with, you should marry someone you thought you couldn’t live without.” – Carole Matthews
54. “Love isn’t just doing what’s right for you but acting selflessly for the benefit of everyone else’s equality.” – Katrina Majkut
55. “Marriage is not essential to the contentment, the dignity, or the happiness of woman.” – Catharine Maria Sedgwick
56. “Marriage is not the beginning of the journey, nor the end – it is the journey.” – Carew Papritz
57. “I married a man who was as much a part of me as my own soul.” – C.J. English
58. “Weddings are never about the bride and groom, weddings are public platforms for dysfunctional families.” – Lisa Kleypas
59. “It is such a happiness when good people get together — and they always do.” – Jane Austen
60. “Love is not a whim. Love is not a flower that fades with a few fleeting years. Love is a choice wedded to action, my husband, and I choose you, and I will choose you every day for the rest of my life.” – Brent Weeks
Wedding quotes that are truly relatable
61. “The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.” ― Judith McNaught
62. “I take thee… to be my awful wedded husband.” ― Susan Elizabeth Phillips
63. “Marriage is a partnership, not a democracy.” ― Nicholas Sparks
64. “A wedding is an event, but marriage is a life.” ― Myles Munroe
65. “Every bride is beautiful. It’s like newborn babies or puppies. They can’t help it.” ― Emme Rollins
66. “The thrill of falling in love is often the thrill of being loved; the thrill of marriage is the thrill of loving someone for the rest of your life. Each day – and year – that passes is a triumph of this act of loving.” ― Susan Waggoner
67. “Marriage is not kick-boxing, it’s salsa dancing.” ― Amit Kalantri
68. “Like most girls, her imagination carried her just as far as the altar and no further.” ― Margaret Mitchell
69. “Rituals remind us we’re connected to each other — to history. We need to honour them. And weddings can be beautiful without being expensive.” ― Gemma Reeves
70. “What a terrifyingly beautiful thought that you are the beginning of forever.
I love you, and life for me has just begun.”
― Kamand Kojouri
Romantic Wedding Quotes To share With Your Partner
71. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.” — Martin Luther
72. “For the two of us, home isn’t a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.” ― Stephanie Perkins
73. “The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun.” — Charles de Leusse
74. “There is only one happiness in life: To love and be loved.” — George Sand
75. “The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is now.” — Rick Warren
76. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
77. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.” — Oscar Wilde
78. “Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
79. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” — Judy Garland
80. “I have for the first time found what I can truly love. I have found you.” — Charlotte Bronte
Wedding Quotes That Will Make You Embrace Your Union
81. “Sit by me, my beloved, and listen to my heart; smile, for your happiness is a symbol of our future.” ― Khalil Gibran
82. “Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.” ― Khalil Gibran
83. “Weddings are important because they celebrate life and possibility.” ― Anne Hathaway
84. “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are but how you deal with incompatibility.” ― Leo Tolstoy
85. “Marriage is a feast where the grace is sometimes better than the dinner.” ― Charles Caleb Colton
86. “If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married.” ― Katharine Hepburn
87. “In marriage, everyday you love,and everyday you forgive.It is an ongoing sacrament, love and forgiveness.” ― Bill Moyers
88. “A happy marriage is a new beginning of life, a new starting point for happiness and usefulness.” ― Arthur Penrhyn Stanley
89. “But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.” ― Walter Raleigh
90. “I think a lot of people who feel as though they desperately want to be married oftentimes simply desperately want to have a wedding.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
Funny Wedding Quotes That Will Make You Smile
91. “I always cry at weddings, they’re beautiful, and I’m always moved.” ― Jennifer Westfeldt
92. “In a happy marriage it is the wife who provides the climate, the husband the landscape.” ― Gerald Brenan
93. “A married couple that plays cards together is just a fight that hasn’t started yet.” ― George Burns
94. “The day of the wedding went like these things generally do, full of anxious moments interspersed with black comedy.” ― Janet Street-Porter
95. “Personally, I’m an advocate for short engagements. Long sometimes means there is a reason for it. Two years engaged and no wedding… I’d be upset.” ― Emily Blunt
96. “Our dog died from licking our wedding picture.” ― Phyllis Diller
97. “Wedding: the point at which a man stops toasting a woman and begins roasting her.” ― Helen Rowland
98. “When I get married, it’ll be no secret.” ― Elvis Presley
99. “I always envisioned myself having a traditional and elegant wedding.” ― Ivanka Trump
100. “Wedded love is founded on esteem.” ― Elijah Fenton
Wedding Quotes For the Eventful Occassion
101. “Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding ought to be the most unforgettable experience of your life. Besides, you will start a brand-new adventure shared with the one you love.” — Lisa Grisham
102. “I hope you’ve taken a few weeks—or at least a few moments—to bask in your newly engaged love bubble before diving headfirst down the rabbit hole of wedding planning.” — Jessica Bishop
103. “Planning a beautiful, meaningful destination wedding on your own is hardly an impossible task. All you need is some inspiration and great organizational skills!” — Shelly Hagen
104. “Your wedding is going to be about both you and your partner, so it’s important that you feel like you both are getting what you want out of it.” — Sophie Clark
105. “One conclusion is inevitable. Marriage, between a man and woman, is the foundation of all human societies.” — Gary Chapman
106. “Validating couples seem to be good friends who value the “we-ness” of their marriage over their individual goals and values.” — John Gottman
107. “Marriage is the only game of chance in a town where both players can win or both lose.” — H. Norman Wright
108. “I will not remember what my wedding looked like, but I will remember what it felt like.” — Devon Havens
109. “Your wedding day is the one occasion that can bring those closest and dearest to you together to celebrate yours and your partner’s commitment to marriage.” — Charlotte O’Shea
110. “The roses, lilies, and orchids will be gorgeous. We have everything under control. Your wedding will be perfect.” — Melissa Foster
Which of these wedding quotes inspires you the most?
Whether you are getting ready to tie the knot, are already married, or haven’t reached that chapter of your life yet, you know that your wedding is an experience you’ll remember forever.
It is a joy to find a companion to share life with and to celebrate your love with friends and family on your big day.
More importantly, the marriage you build after your wedding will become one of the greatest adventures in you ever have.
Hopefully, the wedding quotes above have inspired you to celebrate the love in your life.
Were you moved by any of these wedding quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST