Fans of Queen Elizabeth will enjoy learning more about her husband from these Prince Philip Quotes.
Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, was born in Greece in 1921 and died in Windsor, United Kingdom, in 2021.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Philip was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark.
But soon after his birth, his parents were forced from Greece, and his birthplace was lost.
Philip was an intelligent boy who attended the best schools in France, Germany, and Scotland before becoming a cadet for the Royal Navy.
He met Princess Elizabeth the same year he became a cadet in the Royal Navy.
She instantly fell in love with him and started writing him letters.
They were married in 1947 and had two children before Elizabeth succeeded her father and became Queen in 1952.
Look at these Prince Philip quotes to learn more about this intelligent and successful man.
Best Prince Philip Quotes
Check out some of the best Prince Philip quotes!
1. “You have mosquitoes. I have the press.” — Prince Philip
2. “That’s a nice tie… Do you have any knickers in that material?” — Prince Philip
3. “Everything that wasn’t invented by God is invented by an engineer.” — Prince Philip
4. “A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman.” — Prince Philip
5. “You can take it from me, the Queen has the quality of tolerance in abundance.” — Prince Philip
6. “People usually say that after a fire, it is water damage that is the worst. We are still drying out Windsor Castle.” — Prince Philip
7. “Change does not change tradition; it strengthens it. Change is a challenge and an opportunity, not a threat.” — Prince Philip
8. “Dontopedalogy is the science of opening your mouth and putting your foot in it, which I’ve practiced for many years.” — Prince Philip
9. “I reckon I’ve done my bit. I want to enjoy myself a bit now, with less responsibility, less frantic rushing about, less preparation, and less trying to think of something to say.” — Prince Philip
10. “A few years ago, everybody was saying we must have more leisure; everyone’s working too much. Now that everybody’s got more leisure time, they are complaining they are unemployed.” — Prince Philip
Classic Prince Philip Quotes
Here are some of Prince Philip’s classic quotes.
11. “Ghastly.” — Prince Philip
12. “I don’t care what kind it is, just get me a beer.” — Prince Philip
13. “That will really set the cat among the pigeons, won’t it?” — Prince Philip
14. “People don’t seem to make up their minds what they want.” — Prince Philip
15. “I am the only man in the country not allowed to give his name to his children.” — Prince Philip
16. “Everyone has to have a sense of duty. A duty to society, to their family. I mean, you name it.” — Prince Philip
17. “I have frequently been misrepresented. I don’t hate the press; I find a lot of it is very unpalatable.” — Prince Philip
Humorous Prince Philip Quotes
Enjoy these humorous quotes by Prince Philip.
18. “Bloody silly fool!” — Prince Philip
19. “British women can’t cook.” — Prince Philip
20. “I wish he’d turn the microphone off.” — Prince Philip
21. “I declare this thing open, whatever it is.” — Prince Philip
22. “If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.” — Prince Philip
23. “It doesn’t look like much work goes on at this university.” — Prince Philip
24. “As so often happens, I discovered that it would have been better to keep my mouth shut.” — Prince Philip
25. “I was not the least aware I was any different from any of the others. It’s true I had this title of Prince, but it’s surprising how you can live it down.” — Prince Philip
After Marrying Queen Elizabeth, What Did Prince Philip’s Life Look Like?
Prince Philip received the title of the Duke of Edinburgh.
He continued his career in the Royal Navy before becoming the Consort of the Queen upon Elizabeth’s coronation.
Throughout their 73-year marriage, Philip continued to support Elizabeth and was a patron of around 800 organizations throughout the United Kingdom.
Please share these Prince Philip Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about Prince Philip in the comment section below.