Whether you have seen the movie already or it’s on your watch list, these Good Will Hunting quotes will inspire you to realize your potential, no matter what obstacles may be standing in your way.
What can we learn from Good Will Hunting?
If you haven’t seen it yet, perhaps you’ve heard your friends talking about it.
Good Will Hunting is a classic movie starring Matt Damon and Ben Affleck, that every person must watch at least once in their lives.
The movie touches upon a few important yet controversial themes, from mental health and poverty to education, relationships, and improving oneself in spite of trauma and past experiences.
To help you reach your potential, below is our collection of inspirational Good Will Hunting quotes from its various characters.
Check them out, and once you’re done, be sure to also see our list of Frankenstein quotes about the trueness of humanity.
Good Will Hunting Quotes on Education
1. “You wasted $150,000 on an education you coulda got for $1.50 in late fees at the public library.” ― Will Hunting
2. “Most days I wish I’d never met you ’cause then I could sleep at night. I didn’t have to walk around with the knowledge that there was someone like you out there. I didn’t have to watch you throw it all away.” ― Lambeau
Good Will Hunting Quotes on Relationships
3. “I gotta see about a girl.” ― Will Hunting
4. “Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?” ― Will Hunting
5. “I love you. I wanna hear you say that you don’t love me. Because if you say that, then I won’t call you, and I won’t be in your life.” ― Skylar
6. “You’ll never have that kind of relationship in a world where you’re afraid to take the first step because all you see is every negative thing 10 miles down the road.” ― Sean McGuire
7. “People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff.” ― Sean McGuire
8. “You’re not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense.” ― Sean McGuire
9. This girl you’ve met, she’s not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other.” ― Sean McGuire
10. “The only feeling of real loss is when you love someone more than you love yourself.” — Sean McGuire
11. “And why does he hang out with those retarded gorillas, as you called them? Because any one of them, if he asked them to, would take a f*cking bat to your head, okay? It’s called loyalty.” — Sean McGuire
12. “No – I was in a bar havin’ a drink with my future wife.”— Sean McGuire
13. “You’re afraid of me! You’re afraid that I won’t love you back! f*ck it, I wanna give it a shot! At least I’m honest with you.” ― Skylar
14. “Every day I come by your house and I pick you up. And we go out. We have a few drinks, and a few laughs, and it’s great. But you know what the best part of my day is? For about ten seconds, from when I pull up to the curb and when I get to your door, ’cause I think, maybe I’ll get up there and I’ll knock on the door and you won’t be there. No goodbye. No see you later. No nothing. You just left. I don’t know much, but I know that.” ― Chuckie
Also check out these american dream quotes to motivate you.
Good Will Hunting Quotes on Healing and Self Discovery
15. “Beethoven, okay. He looked at a piano, and it just made sense to him. He could just play.” ― Will Hunting
16. I just have a little question here. You could be a janitor anywhere. Why did work at the most prestigious technical college in the whole f*ckin’ world? And why did you sneak around at night and finish other people’s formulas that only one or two people in the world could do and then lie about it? ‘Cause I don’t see a lot of honor in that, Will.” ― Sean McGuire
17. “You’re just a kid, you don’t have the faintest idea what you’re talkin’ about.” ― Sean McGuire
18. “You know Chuck; he’s family. He’d lie down in f*ckin’ traffic for you. No, I’m talking about someone who opens up things for you – touches your soul.” ― Sean McGuire
19. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” — Sean McGuire
20. “Personally… I don’t give a sh*t about all that, because you know what, I can’t learn anything from you, I can’t read in some f*ckin’ book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I’m fascinated. I’m in. But you don’t want to do that do you sport? You’re terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.” ― Sean McGuire
21. “He pushes people away before they get a chance to leave him. It’s a defense mechanism. And for 20 years he’s been alone because of that. And if you push him right now, it’s gonna be the same thing all over again and I’m not gonna let that happen to him.” ― Sean McGuire
22. “Look at me, son. It’s not your fault.” ― Sean McGuire
Good Will Hunting Quotes on Critical Thinking
23. “See, the sad thing about a guy like you is, in 50 years you’re gonna start doin’ some thinkin’ on your own and you’re going to come up with the fact that there are two certainties in life: one, don’t do that, and two, you dropped 150 grand on a fuckin’ education you could have got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library!” ― Will Hunting
24. “One day, I’m gonna wake up and I’m gonna be 50. And I’ll still be doing this shit.” ― Chuckie
25. “Most people never get to see how brilliant they can be. They don’t find teachers that believe in them. They get convinced they’re stupid.”― Tom
What did you learn from these Good Will Hunting quotes?
Good Will Hunting is a movie that has gone down in history.
It can inspire people who are facing challenges in their lives to reach out to others for support and find it within themselves to try their hand at something they may not have otherwise done.
Life is not always easy — it presents to us situations that can change us.
But despite these circumstances, seeking out a support system even if you’re feeling like a burden, can really make all the difference.
Not just in your life but in the lives of others.
These Good Will Hunting quotes will bring back some bittersweet memories from the movie if you have seen it, or it will motivate you to find the time to see it for yourself.
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST