Johnny Depp brought him to life in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but there is much that people do not know about the truly original Hunter S Thompson. Outspoken, daring, and one-of-a-kind, these Hunter S Thompson quotes will inspire you while amusing your senses.
Hunter S Thompson was an American journalist and author best known for creating gonzo journalism. He is considered one of the greatest American writers and an icon of American counterculture.
Born in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1937, Thompson developed a passion for writing from an early age and began his journalism career after high school. Throughout his career, he used his voice to leave an indelible mark on journalism and the public at large
Though he struggled with the consequences of fame and was a lifelong drug user, Thompson will always be remembered for his command of language and fearless reporting. He might be gone, but the effect he had on modern journalism isn’t.
In honor of ‘The Good Doctor’, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking Hunter S Thompson Quotes and sayings. Enjoy!
Hunter S Thompson Quotes to Inspire & Delight
1. “A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
2. “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
3. “Weird behavior is natural in smart children, like curiosity is to a kitten.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
4. “I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
5. “I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.” – Hunter S. Thompson
6. “Freedom is something that dies unless it’s used.” – Hunter S. Thompson
7. “If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up.” – Hunter S. Thompson
8. “Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.” ― Hunter S Thompson
9. “Luck is a very thin wire between survival and disaster, and not many people can keep their balance on it.” – Hunter S. Thompson
10. “Gambling can turn into a dangerous two-way street when you least expect it. Weird things happen suddenly, and your life can go all to pieces.” – Hunter S. Thompson
Hunter S Thompson quotes that will get you thinking outside of the box
11. “We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.” – Hunter S. Thompson
12. “You can’t miss what you never had.” – Hunter S. Thompson
13. “When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional.” – Hunter S. Thompson
14. “Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.” – Hunter S. Thompson
15. “It was one of those fine little love stories that can make you smile in your sleep at night.” – Hunter S. Thompson
16. “Some may never live, but the crazy never die.” – Hunter S. Thompson
17. “There are always risks in challenging excessive police power, but the risks of not challenging it are more dangerous, even fatal.” – Hunter S. Thompson
18. “Anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.” – Hunter S. Thompson
19. “If you can’t make yourself understood by your friends, you’ll be in trouble when your enemies come for you.” – Hunter S. Thompson
20. “You can’t hoard fun. It has no shelf life.” – Hunter S. Thompson
Which of these Hunter S Thompson quotes is your favorite?
Hunter S Thompson was a brilliant, ingenious, and passionate writer who revolutionized modern journalism. Though he is no longer with us, his blend of honesty and fearlessness continues to resonate.
Thompson reminds us that our own unique voices and perspectives have the potential to effect big change. Hopefully, his words have inspired you to make a lasting impact in whatever field you belong.
Did you enjoy these Hunter S Thompson quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
October 11, 2019 7:15 AM EST