Great quotes about the future, destiny and dreams! Some of history’s most popular public figures have always had strong words about the future and our ability to create it.
When you think about some things you want accomplish, what is holding you back?
Are you waiting for the perfect time?
Are you waiting for when other things fall into place?
Or, until things are more convenient?
If you’re waiting on other people or other circumstances to happen, you might be waiting forever.
You can’t control the movement of anything else, expect how you move forward and navigate towards what you want to have, be and give.
Our future is created moment to moment based on the visions we have for ourselves.
The last thing any of us want, is to look back on how we used our time and realize that we could have done more, accomplished more, loved more, given more and become more.
Take full responsibility for your future!
What are you going to do with your time?
What are you doing day after day?
How is what your doing helping you move forward?
What are you avoiding?
What do you still need to embrace?
What drives you?
Here is our selection of inspirational future quotes.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Look through our complete collection of inspirational quotes here.
Quotes About The Future
1. “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
2. “My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.” –Charles Kettering
3. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
4. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln
5. “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” –George Orwell
6. “The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
7. “Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
8. “In this bright future you can’t forget your past.” – Bob Marley
9. “The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.” – Oscar Wilde
10. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” –Nikola Tesla
12. “What matters is to live in the present, live now, for every moment is now. It is your thoughts and acts of the moment that create your future. The outline of your future path already exists, for you created its pattern by your past.” -Sai Baba
Also, check out these planning quotes that will inspire you to take control of your future.
13. “It is always wise to look ahead, but difficult to look further than you can see.” –Winston Churchill
14. “The future starts today, not tomorrow.” – Pope John Paul II
15. “Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
16. “The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.” – Barack Obama
Don’t forget to also check out these history quotes that will open your eyes to stories of the past.
Quotes about the future and how it intertwines with the past and present
17. “Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia. (…) You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you’ll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present.” – John Green
18. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Søren Kierkegaard
19. You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. -Steve Jobs
20. “If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.” – Roy T. Bennett
21. “Why didn’t I learn to treat everything like it was the last time. My greatest regret was how much I believed in the future.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
22. “No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future.” – Roy T. Bennett
23. “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
24. “You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “Life is divided into three terms – that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future.” – William Wordsworth
26. “If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.” – Winston Churchill
Quotes about the future on how to embrace our destiny
27. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
28. “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…” – John Lennon
29. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
30. “There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.” – Guy Gavriel Kay
31. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.” – Tony Robbins
32. “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham
33. “Life is not always going to be roses and rainbows. You are going to have uncomfortable moments. It’s what we do with those moments that is going to count and determine our destiny.” – Lana
34. “Our destiny changes with our thought; we shall become what we wish to become, do what we wish to do, when our habitual thought corresponds with our desire.” – Orison Swett Marden
35. “Each player must accept the cards life deals him or her: but once they are in hand, he or she alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game.” – Voltaire
36. “Every man has his own destiny: the only imperative is to follow it, to accept it, no matter where it leads him.” – Henry Miller
Quotes About The Future That Its Going To Be Bright
37. “The future depends on what we do in the present.” — Mahatma Gandhi
38. “Always remember that the future comes one day at a time.” — Dean Acheson
39. “Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future.” — Guy Finley
40. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” — Abraham Lincoln
41. “We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it.” — Barack Obama
42. “The only thing we know about the future is that it will be different.” — Peter Drucker
43. “No matter how dirty your past is, your future is still spotless.” — Drake
44. “You cannot change your future. But you can change your habits. And surely your habits will change your future.” — A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
45. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” — Buddha
46. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” — Wayne Dyer
Take a second to Like, Comment and Share!
September 14, 2022 5:00 AM EST