Comedy fans will love these Leslie Knope quotes from the hit television show Parks and Recreation!
Leslie Knope is the fictional main character created by Greg Daniels and Michael Schur for the comedy television series Parks and Recreation.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Actress Amy Poehler plays Knope for the entirety of the series, which ran for seven seasons from 2009 through 2015.
Poehler played the role of Knope so well that she won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
The character was born in 1975 and has lived in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana, since infancy.
Knope is a true believer in the government providing services for its people.
Her cheerful and hard-working attitude often leads her to go above and beyond for the city’s residents.
She is perky and optimistic, and for most of the series, she is the deputy director of the city’s Parks and Recreation department.
Take a few minutes to read these Leslie Knope Quotes and learn more about this hilarious character.
Classic Leslie Knope Quotes
Here are some classic Leslie Knope quotes from the tv show!
1. “I love you, and I like you.” — Leslie Knope
2. “I took your idea, and I made it better.” — Leslie Knope
3. “The only thing I’m guilty of is loving Pawnee.” — Leslie Knope
4. “The thing about youth culture is—I don’t understand it.” — Leslie Knope
5. “I stand behind my decision to avoid salad and other disgusting things.” — Leslie Knope
6. “What I hear when I’m being yelled at is people caring really loudly at me.” — Leslie Knope
7. “Sometimes you have to make the hardest climb to see the most beautiful sunrise.” — Leslie Knope
8. “Guys love it when you can show them you are better than they are at something they love.” — Leslie Knope
9. “We have to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, work.” — Leslie Knope
10. “There’s nothing we can’t do if we work hard, never sleep, and shirk all other responsibilities in our lives.” — Leslie Knope
Funny Leslie Knope Quotes
Check out these funny Leslie Knope quotes.
11. “Everyone should love waffles.” — Leslie Knope
12. “Well, I tried to call Oprah. Couldn’t get her number.” — Leslie Knope
13. “Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?” — Leslie Knope
14. “What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year.” — Leslie Knope
15. “I need you to text me every 30 seconds that everything is going to be OK.” — Leslie Knope
16. “Did I also just walk past a food truck and buy myself a waffle sundae? Yes!” — Leslie Knope
17. “If you want to bake a pie, that’s great. If you want to have a career, that’s great too.” — Leslie Knope
Iconic Leslie Knope Quotes
These iconic Leslie Knope quotes are perfect for fans of the show.
18. “I’m ready.” — Leslie Knope
19. “You go big, or you go home.” — Leslie Knope
20. “Winning is every girl’s dream.” — Leslie Knope
21. “When you love something, you don’t threaten it.” — Leslie Knope
22. “Like I always say, stairs is a young man’s game.” — Leslie Knope
23. “Pawnee’s library department is the most diabolical, ruthless bunch of bureaucrats I’ve ever seen.” — Leslie Knope
24. “Whatever that work is that you find worth doing. Do it, and find some people to love who’ll do it with you.” — Leslie Knope
25. “I should get my mother a one-way ticket to London, leaving today. That way, Ben never has to meet her, and I could visit her in London.” — Leslie Knope
What Happens to Leslie Knope?
Leslie is portrayed as a person that is constantly leading the charge to empower others, especially women.
In the series finale, a flash-forward shows that she eventually becomes the Governor of Indiana, and either she or her husband, Ben, becomes the President of the United States.
Please share these Leslie Knope Quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about the character in the comment section below.