This collection of life-changing quotes will remind you that the ebbs and flows are all a necessary part of life.
Despite what you might have been told, change can be good.
And better yet, it can even be needed to grow.
When seeking change, to face it head-on, you might look for support.
Your mind is truly powerful, but allowing these deep quotes and sayings from others to sink in and help you on your journey of change is key.
Our latest collection of life-changing quotes on Everyday Power Blog is going to help you make the changes you want to see not only in yourself but also in life.
We hope they serve you and you can embark on those changes you’ve wished for.
Inspirational life changing quotes
1. “Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.” – Bikram Choudhury
2. “If you run you stand a chance of losing, but if you don’t run you’ve already lost.” – Barack Obama
3. “If work were so pleasant, the rich would keep it for themselves.” – Mark Twain
4. “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” – Tony Robbins
5. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
6. “Use what talents you possess, the woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” – Henry van Dyke
7. “In a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.” – Warren Buffett
8. “As soon as anyone starts telling you to be “realistic,” cross that person off your invitation list.” – John Eliot
9. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
10. “When in doubt, choose change.” – Lily Leung
If you’re enjoying this collection of quotes, then you’ll love our collection of short inspirational quotes that will help you remain positive and optimistic.
Life changing quotes to bring out your best
11. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” – Deepak Chopra
12. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Margaret Mead quotes challenging societal stereotypes.
13. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
Don’t forget to also check out these pieces of life advice that can change your life.
14. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S. Lewis
15. “Never, never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
16. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
17. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
18. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
19. “Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.” – Terry Pratchett
20. “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Life Changing Quotes To Get You Motivated Starting Now
21. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
22. “You’re always you, and that don’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Neil Gaiman
23. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” – Libba Bray
24. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
25. “Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” – Ovid
26. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
27. “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes” – Johann Wolfgang
28. “Fashion changes, but style endures.” – Coco Chanel
29. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
30. “I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.” – Aldous Huxley
Life changing quotes to ignite your inner fire
31. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” – Stephen King
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these blessed quotes celebrating your everyday blessings.
32. “Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.” – J.D. Salinger
33. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
34. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Philip Pullman
35. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” – Leo Tolstoy
36. “A year from now you will wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
37. “There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
38. “Death and love are the two wings that bear the good man to heaven.” – Michelangelo
39. “No one ever finds life worth living – one has to make it worth living.”– Winston Churchill
40. “My life is my message.” – Mahatma Gandhi
You’ll also love these great quotes about life, success, love and family.
Life changing quotes to help you reach your highest potential
41. “Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
42. “An unexamined life is not worth living.”– Socrates
44. “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.” – Marcus Aurelius
45. “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
46. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
47. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
48. “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” – Maya Angelou
49. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of reality quotes aimed at helping you live your best life.
50. “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde
Life changing quotes to make you strong
51. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent
52. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – Andre Gide
53. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life long romance.” – Oscar Wilde
54. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
55. “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
56. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
57. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
58. “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
59. “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.” – Theodore Roosevelt
60. “Nothing is impossible for pure love.” – Mahatma Gandhi
61. “It’s better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life.” – Elizabeth Kenny
62. “Don’t search for the meaning of life. Simply be present for the people you love.” – Maxime Lagacé
If you’re enjoying this article, you’ll also love our collection of comeback quotes that will help you bounce back.
63. “The greatest power that a human possesses is the power of pure love.” – Debasish Mridha
64. “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.” – Unknown
65. “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
Life changing quotes to inspire success
66. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
67. “No matter how bad we might think the world is, in my experience the vast majority of us want to rub along with our fellow men and very often buried beneath a gruff exterior, there is a generous sprit waiting to be revealed.”- Tony Clark
68. “Live life to the fullest, and focus on the positive.” – Matt Cameron
69. “Each of us experiences defeats in life. We can transform defeat into victory if we learn from life’s whuppings.” – Les Brown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of experience quotes that will inspire you to live a fulfilled life.
70. “Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce.” – Vivian Komori
71. “Some people are so poor, all they have is money.” – Jack Kerouac
72. “Each life is made up of mistakes and learning, waiting and growing, practicing patience and being persistent.” – Billy Graham
73. “While it is impossible to forget the past, it is necessary that we leave the past where it was. We are not the same people that we was then.” – Quirky Grandma
74. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
75. “Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”– Lucille Ball
More life changing quotes to inspire you
76. “When life is too easy for us, we must beware or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
77. “The greatest chapters in history always begin with risk, and the same is true with the chapters of your life.” – Mark Batterson
78. “Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It’s a journey of discovery–there are moments on mountaintops and moments in deep valleys of despair.” – Rick Warren
79. “Life often teaches us through our wrong turns and missed possibilities.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
80. “Each person must live their life as a model for others.” – Rosa Parks
81. “Everyone in life is gonna hurt you; you just have to figure out which people are worth the pain.” – Erica Baican
82. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
83. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
84. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
85. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”– George Bernard Shaw
Life changing quotes about death and love
86. “Sadness taught me to let someone hurt me and yet still talk beautifully about them.”― Harlrey Biala
87. “The only way to get over a death is by seeing it as a life completed, instead of a life interrupted.”― Anonymous
88. “The trivial will be the evidence they provide to prove they are still right here.”― Angie Corbett-Kuiper
89. “What will be your death note?”― Lailah Gifty Akita
90. “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.”― Rob Liano
91. “Death is sometimes kinder than Love.”― Rick Riordan
92. “Memories is all that you have, which help you survive the storms and struggles of your daily life after you lose someone!”― Nikita Dudani
93. “Sometimes it took death for me to see life, don’t live with regrets keep your head high. In a world filled with beauty I don’t want to blink twice; soak up every moment because you can’t stop time.”― Puerto Rican Princess
94. “Don’t cry after my death, I won’t know it. Love me when I am alive.”
― Luffina Lourduraj
95. “Our existence comes with Death. And it comes with suffering, death alone is not enough and pleasure have consequences. love comes with hurting. And having means losing.”― Ira N. Barin
Life changing quotes to elevate your perspective
96. “Live your life in such a way that you’ll be remembered for your kindness, compassion, fairness, character, benevolence, and a force for good who had much respect for life, in general.”― Germany Kent
97. “It is during the worst times of your life that you will get to see the true colors of the people who say they care for you.”― Ritu Ghatourey
98. “I have a voice, I cannot remain silent.”― Nurudeen Ushawu
99. “The real winners I’ve met in life weren’t necessarily skilled or perfect. They just had the tenacity to never, ever give up.”― Curtis Rivers
100. “Life is like that…sometimes you have to peel off the bitterness in order to get to the part that is sweet.”― Ken Poirot
101. “The real gift of today is somehow finding the me I knew ought to exist but has not.”― Gary M. Douglas
102. “You cannot change the past, but you can make a difference now.”
― Avis J. Williams
103. “Why tomorrow when there is today?”― Connor Franta
104. “Our life is all about personal choices we make. We choose the life we live.”― Sanjeev Himachali
105. “Every day is not a day to master but an adventure to experience.”― A.D. Posey
106. “When you change your thoughts, remember to also change your world.”—Norman Vincent Peale
107. “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” — Colin R. Davis
108. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” — Will Rogers
109. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall
110. “People can do whatever they want if they just set their heart to it, and just never give up, and just go out there and do it.” – Bethany Hamilton, Surfer
Life changing quotes from celebrities
111. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
112. “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
113. “Don’t be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
114. “I don’t think you’re human if you don’t get nervous.” – Sidney Crosby
115. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
116. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
117. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
118. “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
119. “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
120. “Life is short, and it is here to be lived.” — Kate Winslet
Life changing quotes that are filled with wisdom
121. “The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.” ― Stephen Richards
122. “Love, like everything else in life, should be a discovery, an adventure, and like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri
123. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” ― Germany Kent
124. “You are enough to drive a saint to madness or a king to his knees.” ― Grace Willows
125. “Reality is a projection of your thoughts or the things you habitually think about.” ― Stephen Richards
126. “Life is not always perfect. Like a road, it has many bends, ups and down, but that’s its beauty.” ― Amit Ray
127. “Some mistakes… just have greater consequences than others. But you don’t have to let that night be the thing that defines you.” ― Jojo Moyes
128. “We are all a little schizophrenic. Each of us has three different people living inside us every day—who you were, who you are and who you will become. The road to sanity is to recognize those identities, in order to know who you are today.” ― Shannon L. Alder
129. “Nothing can be compared to the new life that the discovery of another country provides for a thoughtful person. Although I am still the same I believe to have changed to the bones.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
130. “Success is a decision, not a gift.” ― Steve Backley
Life Changing Quotes To Change Your Perspective
131. “Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” ― Rumi
132. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” ― Francis Chan
133. “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ― A. A. Milne
134. “You will never ‘find’ time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.” ― Charles Buxton
135. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different.” ― C. S. Lewis
136. “Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life.” ― George Arliss
137. “The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.” ― Joel Brown
138. “We are all here for some special reason. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.” ― Robin Sharma
139. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost
140. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Neale Donald Walsch
Did you enjoy these life changing quotes?
Life is a journey, and change is essential for growth.
Remember, if you believe in yourself, then you can believe that you can change for the better—no matter how difficult that seems.
The hardest part is getting started, and change never came to anyone who was afraid of letting go.
Keep this in the forefront of your mind as you embark on your life-changing journey.
You need to release yourself from anything holding you back so that you can evolve and reach your highest potential.
Share with us so we can know which one of these life-changing quotes was your favorite.
September 22, 2022 5:00 AM EST