Fans of musicals will enjoy these Phantom of the Opera quotes.
The Phantom of the Opera is a famous musical that is based on Gaton Leroux’s 1910 French novel of the same name.
The musical first opened in London in 1986 and then in 1988 opened on Broadway in New York, where it has become Broadway’s longest-running show in history.
You might also like these related articles:
Andrew Lloyd Webber wrote the music for the show with lyrics by Charles Hart and Richard Stilgoe.
The show’s popularity has led many people to the theater for the first time to see the musical, which has grossed over $6 billion worldwide.
The musical won numerous awards and released a movie adaptation in 2004.
Read these Phantom of the Opera quotes to learn more about a musical over 140 million people have seen.
The Best Phantom of the Opera Quotes
Check out some of the best Phantom of the Opera quotes.
1. “Free her!” — Raoul
2. “Love me—that’s all I ask of you.” — Charles Hart
3. “He’s there, the phantom of the opera!” — Meg Giry
4. “Too many years fighting back tears.” — Charles Hart
5. “Either way you choose, you cannot win.” — The Phantom
6. “You try my patience; make your choice.” — The Phantom
7. “Say you’ll love me every waking moment.” — Charles Hart
8. “No more memories, no more silent tears.” — Charles Hart
9. “You can’t win her love by making her your prisoner.” — Raoul
10. “There will never be a day when I won’t think of you.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
Phantom of the Opera Quotes from Andrew Lloyd Webber
Take a look at these Phantom of the Opera quotes from Andrew Lloyd Webber.
11. “’ The Phantom of the Opera is about love. It’s as simple as that.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
12. “Nothing will ever be as big as ‘The Phantom of the Opera for me.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
13. “The plot of my ‘Phantom’ is pretty much mine. It’s based on the Gaston Leroux book – I’ve taken a lot of liberties with it.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
14. “The Phantom of the Opera is the biggest thing I’ve ever done, bigger even than ‘Cats’ which, in itself, I never thought we’d top.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
15. “What I can’t tell is, I don’t know if there’s a subliminal resistance to the idea of a sequel to ‘The Phantom of the Opera’ anyway.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
16. “I’ve often thought that we left the original ‘Phantom’ with a little bit of a cliffhanger, and I thought, ‘Well, why not to do a sequel to it’ at one point.” — Andrew Lloyd Webber
17. “It never occurred to me that ‘Phantom of the Opera’ was the sort of subject that I’d want to do because I just thought it was something that would be a bit jokey. ‘Til I read the book.” — Andrew Llyod Webber
More Phantom of the Opera Quotes
Enjoy more Phantom of the Opera quotes.
18. “I love her! Show some compassion…” — Raoul
19. “But Christine, fear can turn to love.” — The Phantom
20. “Try to forgive, teach me to live, give me the strength to try!” — Charles Hart
21. “Who was that shape in the shadows? Whose is the face in the mask?” — Christine
22. “Love, jealousy, hatred, burst out around us in harrowing cries.” — Gaston Leroux
23. “I gave you my music, made your song take wing, and now how you’ve repaid me: denied me and betrayed me.” — The Phantom
24. “I have invented a mask that makes me look like anybody. People will not even turn round in the streets.” — Gaston Leroux
25. “I tore off my mask so as not to lose one of her tears… and she did not run away!…and she did not die!… She remained alive, weeping over me, weeping with me.” — Gaston Leroux
What is The Phantom of the Opera About?
The story is about Christine Daae, who is a beautiful soprano singer.
A secretive, masked musical genius lives beneath the Paris Opera House, and he becomes obsessed with Christine.
Share these Phantom of the Opera quotes with your friends and family, and share your favorite quotes from the musical in the comment section below.