Check out these Adrian Rogers quotes to learn more about the accomplished author and pastor.
Adrien Rogers was born in West Palm Beach, Florida, 1931 and died in Memphis, Tennessee, in 2005 at 74.
He was a Southern Baptist Pastor, the President of the Southern Baptist Convention for three terms, and an accomplished author.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Rogers started his ministry career at the age of nineteen.
He was the Senior Pastor at the First Baptist Church in Merritt Island, Florida, from 1964 to 1972.
He became the Senior Pastor at the Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis, Tennessee.
He stayed there until he died in 2005.
During his tenure at Bellevue, he helped to grow the congregation from 9,000 to 29,000 members, and he was instrumental in the resurgence of the Southern Baptist denomination in the 1970s.
Read these Adrian Rogers quotes to learn more about this successful man.
Best Adrian Rogers Quotes
Enjoy these quotes from pastor and child of God, Adrian Rogers.
1. “There is only one Gospel.” — Adrian Rogers
2. “A faith that hasn’t been tested can’t be trusted.” — Adrian Rogers
3. “Death is just a comma to a Christian, not a period.” — Adrian Rogers
4. “It is more important to influence people than to impress them.” — Adrian Rogers
5. “The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart.” — Adrian Rogers
6. “It is better to be hated for telling the truth than to be loved for telling a lie.” — Adrian Rogers
7. “I would rather stand alone in the light of truth than in the crowd filled with error.” — Adrian Rogers
8. “You are free to choose, but you are not free to choose the consequences of that choice.” — Adrian Rogers
9. “You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.” — Adrian Rogers
10. “The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.” — Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers Quotes to Make You Think
Take a look at these thought-provoking Adrian Rogers quotes.
11. “A healthy person can accept criticism.” — Adrian Rogers
12. “Holiness is not the way to Christ. Christ is the way to holiness.” — Adrian Rogers
13. “Discipline says, ‘I need to.’ Duty says, ‘I ought to.’ Devotion says, ‘I want to.’” — Adrian Rogers
14. “Grace is God’s acceptance of us. Faith is our acceptance of God accepting us.” — Adrian Rogers
15. “We ought to be living as if Jesus died yesterday, rose this morning, and is coming back this afternoon.” — Adrian Rogers
16. “When you have His joy in your heart, it doesn’t necessarily mean your pain or hurt will be taken away. It means you’ll be able to bear it.” — Adrian Rogers
17. “The prayer offered to God in the morning during your quiet time is the key that unlocks the door of the day. Any athlete knows that it is the start that ensures a good finish.” — Adrian Rogers
You will also enjoy our article on Charles Swindoll quotes.
Adrian Rogers Quotes to Inspire You
Adrian Rogers was a man of inspiration and wisdom straight from God.
18. “God’s Riches At Christ’s Expense.” — Adrian Rogers
19. “Give God what’s right, not what’s left!” — Adrian Rogers
20. “Two words that will change your life… Yes Lord!” — Adrian Rogers
21. “If you need encouragement, give it. If you need love, give it.” — Adrian Rogers
22. “I’m a nobody telling everybody about Somebody who can save anybody.” — Adrian Rogers
23. “Never let the things money can buy rob you of the things money can’t buy.” — Adrian Rogers
24. “Men throw broken things away, but God never uses anything until he first breaks it.” — Adrian Rogers
25. “Anything you love more, fear more, serve more, or value more than God is your idol.” — Adrian Rogers
Adrian Rogers’ Personal Life
Adrian Rogers grew up in Florida and graduated from Stetson University in DeLand, Florida, and then from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.
He married Joyce Rogers, and they had two sons together.
His widow and sons and one granddaughter now run the Adrian Rogers Pastor Training Institute for Ministers, which he founded.
Please share these Adrian Rogers quotes with your friends and family and post any comments about Adrian Rogers in the comment section below.