No matter where you’re at on your weight loss journey, these motivational quotes for weight loss will help you to get moving.
Whether it’s a little or a lot, losing weight and keeping it off is no easy task.
Why are motivational weight loss quotes so important? Well, it’s simple…we’ve all had goals to lose weight, burn fat and feel lighter.
Having high energy is essential for living a high standard of life since it directly affects our mood, relationships, productivity and overall confidence.
Whether we are trying to lose weight for looks or feel, we all need some extra motivation.
These motivational quotes for weight loss are not the cure, but they can help lift your mood when you feel like giving up.
For more inspiration, also check out our compilation of quotes on health.
Weight Loss Motivational Quotes To Help You Push Forward
1. “If it was about knowledge, we would all be skinny and rich. It’s not about what you know but what you do!”
2. “The distance between who am I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!”
3. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”
4. “To change your body you must first change your mind.”
5. “Someone busier than you is running right now.”
6. “Working out is never convenient. But neither is illness, diabetes and obesity!”
7. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m DONE!”
8. “I don’t work hard because I hate my body. I workout because I love it!”
9. “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!”
10. “When it burns, is when you’re just getting started. That’s when you get stronger!”
11. “If you have 30 minutes for Facebook, you have 1 hour for the gym!”
12. “The best way to predict your health is to create it.”
Motivational quotes for weight loss to help keep you going
14. “You can’t run from all your problems, but it will help you lose weight.”
15. “Get started as if you are motivated. Pretend. And the motivation will come!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short motivational quotes that will get you ready to tackle the day.
16. “Excuses don’t burn calories.”
17. “Your body hears everything your mind says. Keep going. You can!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
18. “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
19. “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go.”
20. “If you’re tired of starting over; stop giving up!”
21. “On the other side of your workout is the body and health you want!”
22. “The question isn’t can you, it’s will you!”
23. “Workouts are like life. The harder it is, the STRONGER YOU BECOME!”
24. “If no one thinks you can, then you have to!”
25. “If you still look good at the end of your workout…you didn’t work hard enough!”
26. “I’m not running a marathon or a 5 K. I have no upcoming competitions and I don’t plan on going to the beach. I am working out like my life depends on it. Because it does!”
27. FOR LAUGHS: “The reason fat men are good-natured is they can neither fight nor run.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Also, read these amazing movement quotes for fitness inspiration.
Motivational quotes for weight loss and exercise
28. “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” – Bonnie Pfiester
29. To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise. – Gene Tunney
30. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” – Jim Wendler
31. “Weight loss is not impossible. Weight loss is hard, but hard is not the same as impossible.” – Author Unknown
32. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
33. “Marathon runners don’t worry about the conditions, they just run anyway!” – Author Unknown
34. “Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” ― Elizabeth Berg
35. Champions keep playing until they get it right – Billie Jean King
36. “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” ~Carrie Latet
37. If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all? – Joe Namath
38. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” –Robert Collier
39. “Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” ~Emilie Coue
40. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” ~Edward Stanley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long term thinking.
Weight loss quotes to inspire you
41. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.” – Venus Williams
42. “Don’t reward yourself with food. You are not a dog. – Unknown
43. “Every weight loss program, no matter how positively it’s packaged, whispers to you that you’re not right. You’re not good enough. You’re unacceptable and you need to be fixed.” ― Kim Brittingham
44. “The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you.” – Author Unknown
45. “Getting my lifelong weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others in every way.” – Oprah Winfrey
46. Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday. – Author Unknown
47. “A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it’s not going to happen overnight.” – Author Unknown
48. “The hardest step to fitness is the first. Take it now!” — Heather Montgomery
49. “Your body can do anything. It’s your mind that needs convincing” – Unknown
50. Your goals are as good as your actions. No action taken, no goals achieved – Derric Yuh Ndim
You might also like these awesome vegan quotes to inspire your new diet.
Motivational quotes about weight loss
51. “If you have discipline, drive, and determination… nothing is impossible.”– Dana Linn Bailey
52. “Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because you can do anything.”– Toni Horton
53. “Some people want it to happen. Some wish it would happen. Others make it happen.”– Michael Jordan
54. “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.”– Gene Tunney
55. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.”– Julius Erving
56. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”– Author Unknown
57. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.”– Errick McAdams
58. “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.”– Larry McMurtry
59. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.”– William Londen
60. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”– Anonymous
61. “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”– Ted Lindsay
62. “It is better to take small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”– Proverb
63. “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.”― Mary Pickford
64. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.”– Toni Sorenson
65. “Triumph by putting a little soul into it!”– Nancy Mure
Motivational quotes for weight loss
66. “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons” – Jim Rohn
67. “We are what we repeatedly do; therefore excellence is not merely an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
68. “Whatever you’re meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible.” – Doris Lessing
69. “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.” – Bertrand Russell
70. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
71. “If you only do what is easy, you will always remain weak.” – Joyce Meyer
72. “To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
73. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
74. “If you want to be skinny do what skinny people do.” – Brian Wansink
75. “Eat responsibly. You don’t have to be a saint with your food, but you can’t eat like every day is thanksgiving either.” – Brad Pilon
More weight loss quotes and sayings
76. “Think of your workouts as important meetings you’ve scheduled with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.” – Unknown
77. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Nikki Rogers
78. “You must tell yourself, no matter how hard it is, or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.” – Unknown
79. “To lose weight permanently requires faith – faith there is a bigger life waiting for you beyond food and weight.” – Catherine L. Taylor
80. “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent and be patient.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of consistency quotes to inspire long term thinking.
81. “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” – Luis Galarza
82. “Good habits are as addictive as bad habits. But far more rewarding.” – Karen Salmansohn
83. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
84. “There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” – Pat Riley
Other Motivational Quotes For Weight Loss
85. “Everything you can imagine about how you will look and feel when you lose weight is real.” – Felicity Luckey
86. “With discipline, you can lose weight, you can excel in work, you can win the war.” – Amit Kalantri
87. “The empowering thought is that busy hands cannot eat!” – Nancy Mure
88. “A high functioning palate allows you to live without sugar and salt.” – Nancy Mure
89. “First step to lose Weight. Get and stay active!” – Josheel Dole
90. “Your body is not just yours. It is a gift and a responsibility.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
91. “Our eyes are meant to show us food when we are hungry, not to make us hungry when we see food.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
92. “If you want to be a celebrated loser, be a weight loser.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
93. “Life is healthy, but lifestyle makes it unhealthy.” – Amit Kalantri
94. “Take the admission to the gym to avoid the admission to the hospital.” – Amit Kalantri
95. “All you need are a pair of tennis shoes and motivation to change the course of your life.” – Heidi Bond
Did you enjoy these motivational quotes for weight loss?
Which one of the motivational quotes for weight loss can inspire you to take your workouts to the next level? Which quote can become your mantra for health success?
What else is getting in your way from becoming the best and healthiest you?
We hope you enjoyed these quotes and keep us posted on your progress and success! We’d love to hear from you!
March 11, 2021 6:00 AM EST