If you are on a journey to weight loss and healthy living, these motivational weight loss quotes are sure to inspire you.
Share your favorite of these quotes in the comments below.
Whether it’s a little or a lot, losing weight and keeping it off is no easy task.
Why are motivational weight loss quotes so important?
Well, it’s simple…we’ve all had goals to lose weight, burn fat and feel lighter.
Having high energy is essential for living a high standard of life since it directly affects our mood, relationships, productivity and overall confidence.
Whether we are trying to lose weight for looks or feel, we all need some extra motivation.
These motivational quotes for weight loss are not the cure, but they can help lift your mood when you feel like giving up.
For more inspiration, also check out our compilation of quotes on health.
Motivational quotes for weight loss to help keep you going
1. “The distance between who I am and who I want to be is only separated by what I do!”
2. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”
3. “To change your body you must first change your mind.”
4. “Someone busier than you is running right now.”
5. “Working out is never convenient. But neither is illness, diabetes and obesity!”
6. “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m DONE!”
7. “I don’t work hard because I hate my body. I workout because I love it!”
8. “Get comfortable with being uncomfortable!”
9. “When it burns, is when you’re just getting started. That’s when you get stronger!”
10. “If you have 30 minutes for Facebook, you have 1 hour for the gym!”
Weight Loss Motivational Quotes To Help You Push Forward
11. “If it was about knowledge, we would all be skinny and rich. It’s not about what you know but what you do!”
12. “Fitness is like marriage, you can’t cheat on it and expect it to work.” – Bonnie Pfiester
13. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” – Gene Tunney
14. “Even if you are on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
15. “Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.” ― Elizabeth Berg
16. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
17. “Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.” ~Carrie Latet
18. “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” – Joe Namath
19. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” –Robert Collier
20. “Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.” – Emilie Coue
21. “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will.” – Venus Williams
22. “The best way to predict your health is to create it.”
23. “You can’t run from all your problems, but it will help you lose weight.”
24. “Get started as if you are motivated. Pretend. And the motivation will come!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of short motivational quotes that will get you ready to tackle the day.
25. “Excuses don’t burn calories.”
26. “Your body hears everything your mind says. Keep going. You can!”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of keep pushing quotes about moving forward.
27. “Don’t stop until you’re proud.”
28. “You don’t have to go fast, you just have to go.”
29. “If you’re tired of starting over; stop giving up!”
30. “On the other side of your workout is the body and health you want!”
31. “The question isn’t can you, it’s will you!”
32. “Workouts are like life. The harder it is, the STRONGER YOU BECOME!”
33. “If no one thinks you can, then you have to!”
34. “If you still look good at the end of your workout…you didn’t work hard enough!”
35. “I’m not running a marathon or a 5 K. I have no upcoming competitions and I don’t plan on going to the beach. I am working out like my life depends on it. Because it does!”
36. FOR LAUGHS: “The reason fat men are good-natured is they can neither fight nor run.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Also, read these amazing movement quotes for fitness inspiration.
Motivational quotes for weight loss and exercise
37. “Make time for it. Just get it done. Nobody ever got strong or got in shape by thinking about it. They did it.” – Jim Wendler
38. “Weight loss is not impossible. Weight loss is hard, but hard is not the same as impossible.” – Unknown
39. “Marathon runners don’t worry about the conditions, they just run anyway!” – Unknown
40. “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of exercise quotes to inspire long-term thinking.
Weight loss quotes to inspire you
41. “Don’t reward yourself with food. You are not a dog. – Unknown
42. “Every weight loss program, no matter how positively it’s packaged, whispers to you that you’re not right. You’re not good enough. You’re unacceptable and you need to be fixed.” ― Kim Brittingham
43. “The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you.” – Unknown
44. “Getting my lifelong weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others in every way.” – Oprah Winfrey
45. Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself to the person from yesterday. – Unknown
46. “A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it’s not going to happen overnight.” – Unknown
47. “The hardest step to fitness is the first. Take it now!” — Heather Montgomery
48. “Your body can do anything. It’s your mind that needs convincing” – Unknown
49. Your goals are as good as your actions. No action taken, no goals achieved – Derric Yuh Ndim
You might also like these awesome vegan quotes to inspire your new diet.
Motivational quotes about weight loss
50. “If you have discipline, drive, and determination… nothing is impossible.”– Dana Linn Bailey
51. “Eliminate the mindset of can’t — because you can do anything.”– Toni Horton
52. “Some people want it to happen. Some wish it would happen. Others make it happen.”– Michael Jordan
53. “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.”– Gene Tunney
54. “If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end.”– Julius Erving
55. “When you feel like quitting, think about why you started.”– Unknown
56. “If you keep good food in your fridge, you will eat good food.”– Errick McAdams
57. “If you wait, all that happens is you get older.”– Larry McMurtry
58. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.”– William Londen
59. “Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”– Anonymous
60. “I always believed if you take care of your body it will take care of you.”– Ted Lindsay
61. “It is better to take small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward.”– Proverb
62. “The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.”― Mary Pickford
63. “Weight loss doesn’t begin in the gym with a dumbbell; it starts in your head with a decision.”– Toni Sorenson
64. “Triumph by putting a little soul into it!”– Nancy Mure
If you’re enjoying this article, be sure to also check out our collection of healthy eating quotes celebrating better food choices.
Motivational quotes for weight loss
65. “We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons” – Jim Rohn
66. “We are what we repeatedly do; therefore excellence is not merely an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
67. “Whatever you’re meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible.” – Doris Lessing
68. “To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.” – Bertrand Russell
69. “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
70. “If you only do what is easy, you will always remain weak.” – Joyce Meyer
71. “To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
72. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
73. “If you want to be skinny do what skinny people do.” – Brian Wansink
74. “Eat responsibly. You don’t have to be a saint with your food, but you can’t eat like every day is thanksgiving either.” – Brad Pilon
More weight loss quotes and sayings
75. “Think of your workouts as important meetings you’ve scheduled with yourself. Bosses don’t cancel.” – Unknown
76. “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” – Nikki Rogers
77. “You must tell yourself, no matter how hard it is, or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.” – Unknown
78. “To lose weight permanently requires faith – faith there is a bigger life waiting for you beyond food and weight.” – Catherine L. Taylor
79. “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent and be patient.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of consistency quotes to inspire long-term thinking.
80. “Success is what comes after you stop making excuses.” – Luis Galarza
81. “Good habits are as addictive as bad habits. But far more rewarding.” – Karen Salmansohn
82. “Your diet is a bank account. Good food choices are good investments.” – Bethenny Frankel
83. “There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” – Pat Riley
Other Motivational Quotes For Weight Loss
84. “Everything you can imagine about how you will look and feel when you lose weight is real.” – Felicity Luckey
85. “With discipline, you can lose weight, you can excel in work, you can win the war.” – Amit Kalantri
86. “The empowering thought is that busy hands cannot eat!” – Nancy Mure
87. “A high functioning palate allows you to live without sugar and salt.” – Nancy Mure
88. “First step to lose weight. Get and stay active!” – Josheel Dole
89. “Your body is not just yours. It is a gift and a responsibility.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
90. “Our eyes are meant to show us food when we are hungry, not to make us hungry when we see food.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
91. “If you want to be a celebrated loser, be a weight loser.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
92. “Life is healthy, but lifestyle makes it unhealthy.” – Amit Kalantri
93. “Take the admission to the gym to avoid the admission to the hospital.” – Amit Kalantri
94. “All you need are a pair of tennis shoes and motivation to change the course of your life.” – Heidi Bond
Weight loss quotes about healthy eating and exercise
95. “Eat clean to stay fit, have a burger to stay sane.” — Gigi Hadid
96. “If you take care of your body, it’ll take care of you.” — Usher
97. “For me, exercise is more than just physical—it’s therapeutic.” — Michelle Obama
98. “Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!” — Karl Lagerfeld, Fashion Designer
99. “Fitness: If it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.” — Cher
100. “Ask yourself, ‘Am I really hungry, or am I having this because it looks good?’” — Jordin Sparks
101. “It’s all about reading labels and being aware and conscious of what goes in.” — Jennifer Aniston
102. “It was basically just portion control, and ‘I don’t need it,’ I was just shoving everything into my mouth.” — John Goodman
103. “For me, getting enough sleep, drinking lots of water, having a healthy diet, and staying away from alcohol are musts. It’s so boring, I know, but doing those things really helps.” — Jessica Biel
104. “Working out for me is something I do when I feel like it. But it’s really about feeling good and taking care of my body rather than having to fit into any sort of model or anything like that. I try to eat well, and everything I do is really just to make me feel my best.” — Lea Michele
Weight loss quotes about what it means to people
105. “Don’t train to be skinny. Train to be a #badass.” — Demi Lovato
106. “I’m prouder of my weight loss than my Oscar!” — Jennifer Hudson
107. “For me, it’s just eat whatever makes you feel good.” — Jessica Simpson
108. “I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” — Joyce Meyer
109. “I don’t want to be skinny. I’m constantly in a state of self-improvement, but I don’t beat myself up over it.” — Mindy Kaling
110. “I lost my weight the healthy and good old-fashioned way: Watching what I eat and working out with my trainer.” — Miranda Lambert
111. “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.” — Julia Child
112. “I just think you should eat less of everything. A little bit less. I don’t want to live a life where you can’t have what you want; it just makes you want it more.” — Drew Barrymore
113. “When I lost my weight and kept it off, it’s when I lost it slowly. I know that expression ‘the turtle wins the race’. Now I know that if I lose weight in a healthy way, I keep it off.”— Khloé Kardashian
114. “It’s about taking the time before food goes in your mouth to be aware: Am I aware that I’m eating this? And am I eating it because I’m hungry or because I need to soothe myself?” — Valerie Bertinelli
Motivational weight loss quotes about food and food choices
115. “One should eat to live, not live to eat.” — Moliere
116. “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” — Unknown
117. “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” — Hippocrates
118. “Food is your body’s fuel. Without fuel, your body wants to shut down.” — Ken Hill
119. “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” — Virginia Woolf
120. “I eat a variety of foods like vegetables, fruit and beef for protein and iron.” — Sasha Cohen
121. “Chicken fat, beef fat, fish fat, fried foods – these are the foods that fuel our fat genes by giving them raw materials for building body fat.” — Neal Barnard
122. “As I see it, a green salad is an open invitation to carrots, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and the sprouts that grow in jars on my kitchen counter.” — Victoria Moran
123. “Food is not the problem. It’s what we do with food that becomes the problem. That’s why we need to learn to keep everything in our lives—especially our eating—in proper balance.” — Joyce Meyer
124. “There are those people who can eat one piece of chocolate, one piece of cake, drink one glass of wine. There are even people who smoke one or two cigarettes a week. And then there are people for whom one of anything is not even an option.” — Abigail Thomas, Thinking About Memoir
Weight loss quotes to encourage you on your journey
125. “To climb steep hills requires slow pace at first.” – William Shakespeare
126. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
127. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
128. “You aren’t fat. You have fat. Fat does not define you.” – Unknown
129. “Remember, you become what you think. Think discouraging thoughts, and you’ll get discouraged.” – Joyce Meyer
130. “Successful weight loss takes programming, not willpower.” – Phil McGraw
131. “Weight loss surgery isn’t going to make you lose weight; it’s a tool to help you lose weight. Half of it is the surgery, and half of it is you eating what you’re supposed to eat and exercising.” – Ashley Nell Tipton
132. “There’s a huge emotional component to weight loss.” – Carnie Wilson
133. “If you believe that weight loss requires self-deprivation, I’m going to teach you otherwise.” – Robert Atkins
134. “While weight loss is important, what’s more important is the quality of food you put in your body – food is information that quickly changes your metabolism and genes.” – Mark Hyman
Did you enjoy these motivational quotes for weight loss?
Which one of the motivational quotes for weight loss can inspire you to take your workouts to the next level?
Which quote can become your mantra for health success?
What else is getting in your way from becoming the best and healthiest you?
We hope you enjoyed these quotes and keep us posted on your progress and success!
We’d love to hear from you!
September 22, 2022 5:00 AM EST