Thought-Provoking Time Flies Quotes About Life
April 9, 2023 4:00 AM EST
These time flies quotes are sure to help you see life from a different perspective and appreciate every moment.
If any of these quotes inspired you, share them in the comments below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study published in the journal Psychological Science, time feels like it passes more quickly as we get older because our brain encodes fewer new memories.
This statistic can be used to support quotes that express the sentiment that time flies by too fast, such as “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.”
There are some moments in life or certain days where time seems to creep by ever so slowly.
Sometimes it can feel like days at a time. But as time passes, it starts to become obvious that time is just moving so fast.
You’ve probably heard it said that “time flies when you’re having fun”, but the truth is that it flies by no matter what.
Just ask a parent of grown children or an elderly person.
They’re likely to tell you that it all seems to go by in the blink of an eye.
These time flies quotes tell the same story.
Don’t forget to also check out these life is short quotes celebrating the one life we have.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Time flies quotes to remind you life is short
The World Health Organization reports that in high-income countries, life expectancy has increased by 5 years since 2000, with people now living an average of 80 years.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that time is precious and should be cherished, as people are living longer and have more opportunities to make the most of their time.
1. “After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.” – Kayla Marx
You will also enjoy our article on cuddle quotes.
2. “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.” – Sarah Louise Delan
You will also enjoy our article on airplane quotes.
3. “Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.” – Paulo Coelho
You will also enjoy our article on time quotes.
4. “Short as life is, we make it still shorter by the careless waste of time.” – Victor Hugo
You will also enjoy our article on bird quotes.
5. “I think life is far too short to concentrate on your past. I rather look into the future.” – Lou Reed
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
6. “Life is too short as we all know it to be. So why dare to spend it trying to live up to other people’s worldly expectations of you?” – Edmond Mbiaka
You will also enjoy our article on candle quotes.
7. “Our time in this life is limited. And how we respect that time will create a greater possibility for fulfillment.” – Ruben Papian
You will also enjoy our article on Lord of the Flies quotes.
8. “Live honestly to a higher note. Life is too short. So, do the best you can and live your life to a higher note.” – Kimora Lee Simmons
You will also enjoy our article on motivational picture quotes.
9. “Life is too short to cry for anything so smile and do what makes you happy with morals.” – Abdel Rahman Sabry
You will also enjoy our article on Leap of Faith quotes.
10. “Life is short and if you’re looking for an extension, you had best do well. Cause there’s good deeds and then there are good intentions. They are as far apart as Heaven and Hell.” – Ben Harper
Wise time flies quotes
According to a study by Harvard University, spending money on experiences, such as traveling or attending concerts, can lead to greater happiness and feelings of fulfillment than spending money on material possessions.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that time spent on experiences is valuable and can be more fulfilling than time spent accumulating possessions.
11. “Time flies. Time flies faster every year. Time flies whether you’re having fun or not, whether you’re living your life big or small, whether you surround yourself with fear or laughter.” – Claire Cook
You will also enjoy our article on words of wisdom.
12. “Time flies when you are having fun.” – Albert Einstein
You will also enjoy our article on Frida Kahlo quotes.
13. “Yes, time flies. And where did it leave you? Old too soon…smart too late.” – Mike Tyson
14. “Time flies. It’s up to you to be the navigator.” – Robert Orben
15. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
16. “Time flies and draws us with it. The moment in which I am speaking is already far from me.” – Nicolas Boileau-Despreaux
17. “They say time flies, but you keep breaking its wings.” – Tablo
18. “Time flies when you’re running out of money.” – James Cook
19. “Time flies, and what is past is done.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
20. “When you’re engaged in what you love to do, it’s like driving in the fast lane. Time flies by and more roads open up to you, alternate routes you may not have even known existed.” – T. Harv Eker
Time flies quotes about how fast children grow up
According to a study by the University of Maryland, parents spend an average of 2.5 hours per day with their children, with much of that time spent on routine activities such as meals and transportation.
This statistic highlights the limited amount of quality time parents have with their children and emphasizes the importance of cherishing the time we have with them.
21. “Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers; the next day you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.” – The Wonder Years
22. “Motherhood: The days are long but the years are short.” – Gretchen Rubin
23. “I would have given anything to keep her little. They outgrow us so much faster than we outgrow them.” – Brian Fitzgerald
24. “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” – Stacia Tauscher
25. “You know children are growing up when they start asking questions that have answers.” – John J. Plomp
26. “Our children are only ever lent to us. We never know just how long we will be able to keep them for. So kiss them, cuddle them, praise them, and hold them tightly. But most of all, tell them you love them every day.” – Carly Marie
27. “When we are children, we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind.” – Patrick Rothfuss
28. “I wish I could freeze time or go back in time and watch my kids grow up all over again because it is just going by too fast.” – Robert Rodriguez
29. “You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they’re going.” – P.J. O’Rourke
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of children quotes that will fill your heart with love and laughter.
30. “Katie is like my calendar, watching her grow and change. She is growing up so fast, learning to have opinions of her own, learning that I don’t have the answers to everything. And the moment a child begins to understand that, you know you’re in trouble.” – Cecelia Ahern
Time flies quotes about nostalgia
According to a report by the National Bureau of Economic Research, the average American father spends less than half an hour per day engaging in meaningful activities with his children.
This statistic emphasizes the need for fathers to prioritize spending quality time with their children and offers a reminder to cherish the time we have with them as they grow up quickly.
31. “There’s a certain nostalgia and romance in a place you left.” – David Guterson
32. “Nostalgia is a powerful feeling; it can drown out anything.” –Terrence Malick
33. “Nostalgia, the vice of the aged. We watch so many old movies our memories come in monochrome.” – Angela Carter
34. “I have a nostalgia for the years I was growing up and experiencing new things for the first time – so the late ’80s and early ’90s are always fascinating to me.” – Jeremy Scott
35. “Periods of nostalgia are impossible to predict or explain.” – Russell Smith
36. “I always find that nostalgia is sort of like memory without the pain. And that’s why it feels so good to kind of bask in that, and I think it can be deceptively comforting.” – Carrie Brownstein
37. “Nostalgia paints a smile on the stony face of the past.” – Mason Cooley
38. “Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days.” – Doug Larson
39. “The mists of nostalgia color memory.” – Ken Tucker
40 “The nostalgia I have been cherishing all these years is a hypertrophied sense of lost childhood, not sorrow for lost banknotes.” – Vladimir Nabokov
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Childhood quotes to connect with your inner child.
More time flies quotes
A survey by the Pew Research Center found that 65% of parents with children under 18 years old say they experience at least some work-family conflict, with many reporting difficulties in finding a balance between work and family responsibilities.
This highlights the challenges parents face in finding time for their children and underscores the importance of making the most of the time we do have with them.
41. “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
42. “Time flies over us, but it leaves its shadow behind.” – Nathaniel Hawthrone
43. “During the past five years, I’ve learned that time flies faster than you think, and because you only live once you have to learn from your mistakes, live your dreams and be accountable.” – Lindsay Lohan
44. “Lost time is never found again.” – Benjamin Franklin
45. “They say I’m old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!” – Dr. Seuss
46. “Time flies when you’re being stupid.” – David Henry Hwang
47. “How time flies when one has fun!” – Samuel Beckett
48. “It’s funny how time flies by. We met, we dated, got engaged, and now we are married. It’s so fast.” – Tam Ross
49. “Time flies sometimes like a bird, sometimes crawls like a worm, but a man feels particularly well when he does not even notice that the time flies away.” – Ivan Turgenev
50. “Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.” – Groucho Marx
You might also like these helpful death quotes on the ways we grieve.
Time flies quotes to motivate you
51. “The most beautiful moments always seemed to accelerate and slip beyond one’s grasp just when you want to hold onto them for as long as possible.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
52. “Time flies, whether you’re wasting it or not.” – Crystal Woods
53. “Time flies so fast. day by day left us. with or without smiles, the new days will comes.” – Nunki Artura
54. “We are aboard inside time, as it flies and never wear out.” – Ronnie Cornelisz
55. “It seemed time flies when you aren’t having fun.” – Jason Medina
56. “Time limits, make each moment count.” – Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
57. “Everything passes, but nothing entirely goes away.” – Jenny Diski
58. “You can not sit on the hands of time and stop it from ticking. It will keep tocking with or without you.” – Christine E. Szymanski
59. “Time always has a way of showing what is important to us. A smile, a hug, gentle words of I miss you, I love you. Do not let time pass by without expressing how you really feel. Moments do not stay here forever, They fly away like the wind.” – Mimi Novic
60. “It’s pretty scary to know how quickly time flies.” – James Wan
Other insightful time flies quotes
61. “When you get a groove going, time flies.” – Donald Fagen
62. “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.”— Earl Nightingale
63. “Time flies when you are anxious!” – Maria Bamford
64. “Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different.” — C. S. Lewis
65. “Enjoy the now. Time flies, enjoy it while you can.” – Eddie Jemison
66. “Doesn’t it scare you sometimes how time flies and nothing changes?” – Ika Natassa
67. “But meanwhile, time flies; it flies never to be regained.” – Virgil
68. “It is impossible for me to remember how many days or weeks went by in this way. Time is round, and it rolls quickly.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
69. “There is so little time for us all; I need to be able to say what I want quickly and to as many people as possible.”— Marc Bolan
70. “Time flies so fast because it does not have any guidance. Like the moon in its zenith or the horizon.” – Albert Camus
Time Flies Quotes To Help You Take Chances
71. “Life is flying by. You don’t have time to waste another minute being negative, offended or bitter. If someone did you wrong, get over it and move forward.” — Joel Osteen
72. “Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.” — Haruki Murakami
73. “Then suddenly one day he awakens to find that time had gone; the house completed, the immortal tree cut down, his mother dead.” — Earl Lovelace
74. “How time flies when you’re doin all the talking.” — Harvey Fierstein
75. “The velocity with which time flies is infinite, as is most apparent to those who look back.” — Seneca the Younger
76. “Time flies in space-we would faintly believe that everything flies forward with it.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
77. “Memory is a stopgap for humans, for whom time flies and what is passed is passed.” — Umberto Eco
78. “Time meanwhile is flying, flying beyond recall.” — Virgil
79. “Time and tide wait for no man.” — Geoffrey Chaucer
80. “While we are postponing, life speeds by.” — Seneca the Younger
Time Flies Quotes To Utilize Yours Well
81. “It’s crazy how fast time flies and how things progress.” ― Nathan Chen
82. “As the wave is driven by wave, and each, pursued, pursues the wave ahead, so time flies on and follows, flies, and follows, always, forever and new. What was before is left behind; what never was is now, and every passing moment is renewed.” ― Ovid
83. “The minutes rushed past, without compassion for my enthusiasm.” ― Nicola Lecca
84. “Time flies so fast for those who can’t fly.” ― Tamerlan Kuzgov
85. And time flies just like melting ice!” ― Nikhil Bhatia
86. “People always talk about how time flies; it’s become a sort of a colloquialism now. You don’t really understand it until you reach your late 30s and early 40s—and I’m sure time will move even faster as I get older.” ― Ben Gibbard
87. “Time flies when you are on an emotional roller coaster.” ― Kaitlyn Bristowe
88. “Time flies, but not memories.” ― Ika Natassa
89. “Time flies, it’s true. But what kind of wings does it have, butterfly wings, bat wings, or eagle wings? None. It has the wings of a duck, which is why I’m surprised nobody in history has noticed that time also swims.” ― Jarod Kintz
90. “We have had a good time while we were young, but it is in the nature of time to fly.” ― T.H. White
Time Fllies Quotes on the Fleeting Nature of Life
91. “Time flies. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present.” ― Alice Morse Earle
92. “Time flies and never returns.” ― Benjamin Franklin
93. “Time flies, but it’s up to us to make the most of it.” ― Mark Twain
94. “Time flies when you’re busy, but it moves slowly when you’re bored.” ― Richard Branson
95. “Time flies, but it never goes backwards. Make the most of every moment.” ― Steve Jobs
96. “Time flies, but it can also be a reminder of how much we’ve grown and changed.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
97. “Time flies, but it leaves its mark.” ― Oprah Winfrey
98. “Time flies when you’re having fun, but it drags on when you’re not.” ― Jim Carrey
99. “Time flies, but memories last forever.” ― Helen Mirren
100. “Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind.” ― Nathaniel Hawthorne
Which of these time flies quotes resonated with you best?
It’s easy to let the day to day distractions get in the way of doing the meaningful things that you want to do in life.
And it’s easy to get stuck in feeling like the rough times are going to last forever.
But they won’t and in the blink of an eye, you’ll realize just how much time has passed.
Make the most of the time that you have.
Use these quotes as a reminder to be intentional about the way that you spend your time.
While you might not have control over how much time you actually get, you have control over how you spend that time.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these time flies quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.