Fitness motivational quotes can help motivate us to work out.
When we’re tired, frustrated with our results, and have a busy schedule, motivational quotes for working out can kick us into high gear in just a couple of seconds.
Tell us which motivational fitness quote you found the most inspiring in the comment section.
What are the benefits of motivational fitness quotes?
Staying motivated to work out can be challenging no matter what season it is.
When it’s summer, and we want instant results, it can be discouraging when we don’t see them.
When it’s wintertime, and we want to prepare for summer, that can be too far away.
And when we want to exercise, just to be healthy, sometimes we just don’t know where to start.
These motivational fitness quotes can help you combat that and get in the workout you want.
The secret is:
- Just get started and don’t overthink it.
- Find a workout routine that is fun for you.
- Find a workout you want to do consistently.
Most of us are addicted to words and phrases, but we just might not realize it.
Our words and thoughts can distract us or keep us on track.
Use these motivational quotes for working out to help you stay focused on maintaining your health, great energy, and a healthy glow!
Also, check out our list of movement quotes for more inspiration.
Fitness Motivational Quotes
1. “A fit, healthy body—that is the best fashion statement.” – Jess C. Scott
2. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” -Mark Twain
3. “Energy & persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
4. “The next few months will go by whether you workout or not!”
5. “Muscles are torn in the gym, fed in the kitchen and built in the bed.”
6. “If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” – Hippocrates
7. “If you have a body, you are an athlete!” – Bill Bowerman
8. “Someone busier than you is working our right now.”
9. “This month’s exercise is next month’s health.”
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes expressing the power of making healthy choices.
10. “You can either suffer the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” -Jim Rohn
11. “I don’t work out because I hate my body, I workout because I love my body.”
12. “No matter how slow you go you still lapping everyone on the couch.”
13. “Today it hurts, tomorrow it works!”
14. “STRONG, is the new skinny.”
15. “If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you!” – Fred Devito
Fitness motivational quotes to inspire you to work harder
16. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” —Aristotle
17. “Sweat is fat crying.” —Unknown
18. “If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” —Thomas Jefferson
19. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Don’t forget to also check out these motivational quotes of the day for daily rejuvenation.
20. “Training gives us an outlet for suppressed energies created by stress and thus tones the spirit just as exercise conditions the body.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
21. “Respect your body. It’s the only one you get.”
22. “The only bad workout is the one that didn’t happen.”
23. “Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.”
24. “The voice in your head that says you can’t do this is a liar.”
25. “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
Fitness motivational quotes to keep you on track and focused
26. “Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can’t.” —Jerry Rice
27. “All great achievements require time.” —Maya Angelou
28. “Every day is another chance to get stronger, to eat better, to live healthier, and to be the best version of you.” —Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of second chances quotes that will inspire you to take life by the horns and give that goal another go.
29. “Your body can stand almost anything. It’s your mind that you have to convince.”
30. “If you’re tired of starting over, stop giving up.”
31. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
32. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” – Gene Tunney
33. “In fitness, there are no shortcuts. It involves immense discipline and hard work.” – Mahesh Babu
34. “The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit.” – MORIHEI UESHIBA
35. “Fitness, in my opinion, is a mental exercise more than just physical.” – Anushka Shetty
Also check out these inspirational walking quotes about the mental, physical, and emotional benefits.
Fitness motivational quotes to help you reach your goals
36. “The same voice that says “give up” can also be trained to say “keep going”” —Unknown
37. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” —Steve Prefontaine
38. “Running’s a pain in the ass. But it sure gives me a nice one.”
39. “Fitness is not about being better than someone else… It’s about being better than you used to be.” – Khloe Kardashian
40. “True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united.” – Wilhelm von Humboldt
41. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Ryin
42. “Stop saying I wish, start saying I will.”
43. “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.” – Henry Ford
Other awesome fitness motivational quotes
44. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination.” —Tommy Lasorda
45. “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
46. “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up.” – FLORENCE GRIFFITH JOYNER
47. “Exercise should be regarded as a tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
48. “My fitness journey will be a lifelong journey.” – Khloe Kardashian
50. “Always remember: good things take time.”
Motivational fitness quotes to help you push through
51. “Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr
52. “The groundwork for all happiness is good health.” — Leigh Hunt
53. “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” — Michal Joan Bobak
54. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” — Karen Lamb
55. “Put all excuses aside and remember this: You are capable.” — Zig Ziglar
56. “Don’t give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.” — John Wooden
57. “If you think lifting is dangerous, try being weak. Being weak is dangerous.” — Bret Contreras
58. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” — Michael Jordan
59. “Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but because of lack of commitment.” — Vince Lombardi
60. “The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
Fitness Motivational Quotes to Keep Your Spirits High
61.”The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
62. “Our growing softness, our increasing lack of physical fitness, is a menace to our security.” — John F. Kennedy
63. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
64. “Exercise is labor without weariness.” – Samuel Johnson
65. “The first time I see a jogger smiling, I’ll consider it.” – Joan Rivers
66. “Look in the mirror. That’s your competition.” – John Assaraf
67. “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” – Robert H. Schuller
68. “A feeble body weakens the mind.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
69. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable, and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” – Michael Phelps
70. “There is a moment when you get older when your metabolism slows down and you don’t feel like working out any more, so you don’t want to keep yourself fit any more, but that’s your decision. Why should you be judged for it?” – Janet Jackson
Fitness motivational quotes to encourage your fitness
71. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sasson
72. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” – Denis Waitley
73. “Find fitness with fun dancing. It is fun and makes you forget about the dreaded exercise.” – Paula Abdul
74. “And I believe that the best buy in public health today must be a combination of regular physical exercise and a healthy diet.” – Julie Bishop
75. “It’s challenging, but you have to at least try to eat right and exercise.” – Joely Fisher
76. “Take plenty of exercise. Always be cheerful. Take all the sleep you need. You may expect to be well.” – James Freeman Clarke
77. ”You need to eat normally and healthfully, and you need to exercise. I’m so passionate about this because I think people spend their lives not happy in their bodies.” – Courtney Thorne-Smith
78. “When I do get time, I like to hike and I take lots of vitamins and powders to keep healthy.” – Catherine Bell
79. “You may not be there yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday.” – Unknown
80. “The secret of our success is that we never, never give up.” – Wilma Mankiller
Fitness motivational quotes to inspire you to start moving
81. “Exercise is king. Nutrition is queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” –Jack Lalanne
82. “I hate every minute of training. But I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’” –Muhammad Ali
83. “The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.” –Arnold Schwarzenegger
84. “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” –Sean Patrick Flanery
85. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual ability.” –John F. Kennedy
86. “Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.” –Usain Bolt
87. “Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.” –Jerry Dunn
88. “If you ever lack the motivation to train then think what happens to your mind and body when you don’t.” –Shifu Lan Yei
89. “Exercise is done against one’s wishes and maintained only because the alternative is worse.” –George A. Sheehan
90. “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind. –Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Short Best Fitness Motivational Quotes
91. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
92. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” — Ludwig Wittgenstein
93. “Our bodies are our gardens – our wills are our gardeners.” — William Shakespeare
94. “Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.” — Joseph Addison
95. “The only way for a rich man to be healthy is by exercise and abstinence, to live as if he were poor.” — William Temple
96. “In training, you listen to your body. In competition, you tell your body to shut up.” — Rich Froning Jr.
97. “There’s no secret formula. I lift heavy, work hard, and aim to be the best.” — Ronnie Coleman
98. “Increased physical activity enhances positive energy.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
99. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” — Tony Robbins
100. “Don’t train to be skinny. Train to be a badass.” — Demi Lovato
Best Fitness Motivational Quotes To Help You Stick To A Fitness Routine
101. “Get ready, be prepared. So when opportunities finally show themselves, you’ll be able to own them.” — Hannah Gabriels
102. “I often hear someone say I’m not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner.” — Bart Yasso
103. “An Early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day” — Henry David Thoreau
104. “When you are not practicing, someone else is getting better.” — Allen Iverson
105. “A champion is simply someone who didn’t give up when they wanted to.” — Tom Landry
106. “Time, Effort, Sacrifice, and Sweat. How will you pay for your goals?” — Usain Bolt
107. “If you do not believe in yourself, no one will do it for you” — Kobe Bryant
108. “In the midst of an ordinary training day, I remind myself that I am preparing for the extraordinary” — Shalane Flanagan
109. “If you train hard. You’ll not only be hard, you’ll be hard to beat.” — Hershel Walker
110. “Set your goals high, and don’t stop until you get there.” — Bo Jackson
Best Fitness Motivational Quotes To Keep You Going
111. “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” — Muhammad Ali
112. “We do not stop exercising because we grow old—we grow old because we stop exercising.” — Dr. Kenneth Cooper
113. “Number one, like yourself. Number two, you have to eat healthy. And number three, you’ve got to squeeze your buns. That’s my formula.” — Richard Simmons
114. “When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no, ‘I’ll start tomorrow.’” — VL Allineare
115. “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.” — Joseph Pilates
116. “Your health is what you make of it. Everything you do and think either adds to the vitality, energy, and spirit you possess or takes away from it.” — Ann Wigmore
117. “Once you are exercising regularly, the hardest thing is to stop it.” — Erin Gray
118. “If you don’t make time for exercise, you’ll probably have to make time for illness.” — Robin Sharma
119. “Your health account, your bank account, they’re the same thing. The more you put in, the more you can take out.” — Jack LaLanne
120. “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” — George Halas
Which of these fitness motivational quotes was your favorite?
There comes a time in your fitness journey when you feel like keeping to your workout routine isn’t worth it anymore.
When this happens, you can either treat the feeling as a temporary blip and work through it, or you can give in and give up.
Hopefully, these quotes have reminded you why it’s worth all the effort and give you the push you need to keep fighting for your fitness goals.
Did you enjoy these fitness motivational quotes?
Which of the quotes was your favorite?
We would love to hear all about it.
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
September 22, 2022 5:00 AM EST