Anne Rice Quotes That Are Simply Unforgettable
April 14, 2023 5:36 AM EST
If you are a fan of Anne Rice’s writing style, you will also love these Anne Rice quotes.
We have created a list of the best quotes by Anne Rice that are bound to attract your attention.
Apart from the quotes, we have also discussed Anne Rice, her writing style, and popular publications.
So, without any further ado, let’s dive in!
Who was Anne Rice
Anne Rice was an American author known for her horror and Gothic novels.
Born on October 4, 1941, Rice spent most of her childhood in New Orleans, Louisiana.
She loved the supernatural style of novels or stories, and her interest in this type of literature grew with her.
Rice gained popularity with her first-ever novel, “Interview with the Vampire,” which was released in 1976.
This novel helped us to start her writing career as a best-selling author.
The story of this book revolves around a vampire called ‘Louis’.
Louis gives an interview to a young reporter, which reveals the dark side of the vampires.
Due to the popularity of this novel, it was adapted into a Hollywood film in 1994.
The film was also named after the novel, and popular film stars like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt performed lead roles in it.
After the success of her first novel, Rice continued with the same genre.
Most of her stories revolved around witches, vampires, and supernatural creatures.
Some of her noteworthy publications include:
- The Vampire Lestat
- The Queen of the Damned
- Memnoch the Devil
Strengths of Rice’s Writing Style
The following are the strong aspects of Rice as a writer:
- Her novels depicted rich characters, intricate plots, and engaging scenes.
- She was able to create multidimensional and complex characters.
- Her vampires had their unique personalities, motivations, and desires.
- The characters also appear to be struggling with the demons within their personalities.
Criticism and Controversies
During her writing career, Rice also faced a lot of criticism regarding her depiction of violence, intimate behaviors, and supernatural powers.
A few critics even accuse her of portraying the darker aspects of humans.
Even after facing such intense criticism, Rice continued to grow as an influential and powerful author.
Her work still serves as a source of inspiration and fascination for readers of all ages.
Top 5 Anne Rice Quotes
Listed here are what we believe to be the top five quotes from Anne Rice.
1. “Strong women are absolutely unpredictable.” — Anne Rice
2. “We’re frightened of what makes us different.” — Anne Rice
3. “The only pain in pleasure is the pleasure of the pain.” — Anne Rice
4. “Invest in a feather duster – the possibilities are endless.” — Anne Rice
5. “The world doesn’t need any more mediocrity or hedged bets.” — Anne Rice
Anne Rice Quotes About Herself
One of the finest ways to get a glimpse into someone’s mind is to read their self-quotes. You can get to know Anne Rice better through her words here.
6. “I broke with my religion in college.” — Anne Rice
7. “I stumble through a carnival of horrors.” — Anne Rice
8. “I’m always looking, and I’m always asking questions.” — Anne Rice
9. “I’m fascinated by almost any mythology that I can get my hands on.” — Anne Rice
10. “I am going to keep on dealing with the supernatural in a lot of ways.” — Anne Rice
Anne Rice Quotes about Her Novels
Get an acquaintance about Anne’s views about her novels through the quotes given below.
11. “Memnoch the Devil happens to be my favorite of all The Vampire Chronicles.” — Anne Rice
12. “I gave up on the big screen. The Witching Hour was at Warner Bros. for 10 years, and it just didn’t work out.” — Anne Rice
13. “I read The Old Curiosity Shop before I began Blackwood Farm. I was amazed at the utter madness in that book.” — Anne Rice
14. “The most difficult novel I have had to write in terms of just getting it done was The Vampire Lestat. It took a year to write.” — Anne Rice
15. “The whole theme of Interview with the Vampire was Louis’s quest for meaning in a godless world. He searched to find the oldest existing immortal simply to ask, What is the meaning of what we are?” — Anne Rice
Anne Rice Quotes about Hell
Some of Anne’s words on the subject of hell are included in the selection of quotes provided below.
16. “Hell’s Bells ringing, my secret music.” — Anne Rice
17. “In the very depths of Hell, do not demons love one another?” — Anne Rice
18. “Heaven would be Hell in no time if every cruel, selfish, vicious soul went to Heaven.” — Anne Rice
19. “All creatures in hell are supposed to hate one another, as all the saved hate the damned, without reservation.” — Anne Rice
20. “Maybe that’s what the hell is. You go mad. And all your demons come and get you just as fast as you can think them up.” — Anne Rice
Anne Rice Quotes about Writers & Writing
Below, you’ll find a selection of quotes in which Anne, herself a writer, expresses her thoughts on writing and other writers.
21. “To write something, you have to risk making a fool of yourself.” — Anne Rice
22. “When I write something, every word of it is meant. I can’t say it enough.” — Anne Rice
23. “Obviously, a writer can’t know everything about what she writes. It’s impossible.” — Anne Rice
24. “Writers, as they gain success, feel like outsiders because writers don’t come together in real groups.” — Anne Rice
25. “That process by which you become a writer is pretty lonely. We don’t have a group apprenticeship like a violinist might training for an orchestra.” — Anne Rice
Which One of these Anne Rice Quotes is your Favorite?
No doubt, Anne Rice was a prolific and talented author.
She made a noteworthy contribution to the horror and Gothic genres.
This is why we have created our list of Anne Rice quotes to grab the attention of her fans.
After going through the quotes above, it shouldn’t be challenging to find one that inspires you the most.
Share your favorite Anne Rice quote in the comments section.
We look forward to your reply.