These Jackie Chan quotes about family and his life will make you laugh and smile.
Jackie Chan is a professional martial artist, stuntman, filmmaker, and actor. His cinematic performances are beloved and respected around the world.
Jackie Chan is a truly unique entertainer, from his funny movie quotes to his incredible stunts, and his charismatic performances. This collection of Jackie Chan quotes will brighten your day and give you insight into the mind of this amazing martial artist.
Some of Jackie Chan’s best films include Rush Hour, Drunken Master, Police Story, and The Foreigner. These awesome action movies are the perfect combination of jokes, stunts, and drama.
To learn more about Jackie Chan movies and his unique perspective on life, read this list of quotes. This collection of quotes highlights his talent, passion, and humor. Share these motivational quotes with all of the Jackie Chan fans in your life.
Don’t forget to also check out these Chuck Norris quotes so tough only he could say them.
Jackie Chan quotes about travel and movies
1. “Do not let circumstances control you. You change your circumstances.” – Jackie Chan
2. “I do small things. I try to do good things every day.” – Jackie Chan
3. “The ads all call me fearless, but that’s just publicity. Anyone who thinks I’m not scared out of my mind whenever I do one of my stunts is crazier than I am.” – Jackie Chan
4. “When you are learning about a martial art, it is about respect.” – Jackie Chan
5. “I’m good for some things, bad for a lot of things.” – Jackie Chan
6. “Why did I become Jackie Chan? Mostly because I work very hard. When people were sleeping, I was still training.” – Jackie Chan
7. “The best fights are the ones we avoid.” – Jackie Chan
8. “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
9. “I never wanted to be the next Bruce Lee. I just wanted to be the first Jackie Chan.” – Jackie Chan
10. “Kung fu lives in everything we do. It lives in how we put on a jacket and how we take off a jacket. It lives in how we treat people. Everything is kung fu.” – Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan quotes that highlight his unique perspective on life
11. “If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. But then, does he ever truly live?” – Jackie Chan
12. “Being still and doing nothing are two completely different things.” – Jackie Chan
13. “I’m crazy, but I’m not stupid.” – Jackie Chan
14. “Cinema reflects culture and there is no harm in adapting technology, but not at the cost of losing your originality.” – Jackie Chan
15. “Now I am older, I understand we have to accept who we are.” – Jackie Chan
16. “Speaking English is like tongue-twist for me. I can speak each word perfect, but then you have to string them together like, ‘Blah, blah, blah.’ That’s when I get crazy.” – Jackie Chan
17. “Before I do a stunt, I have to make sure it is safe.” – Jackie Chan
18. “Don’t try to be like Jackie. There is only one Jackie. Study computers instead.” – Jackie Chan
19. “I know I have to run 20 more minutes if I eat ice cream. Basically, I eat everything, but I just do more training.” – Jackie Chan
20. “Sometimes I’d like to play the bad guy and sometimes I’d like to die in a movie.” – Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan quotes to brighten your day
21. “I’m afraid to fail again.” – Jackie Chan
22. “American stuntmen are smart – they think about safety. When they do a jump in a car, they calculate everything: the speed, the distance… But in Hong Kong, we don’t know how to count. Everything we do is a guess. If you’ve got the guts, you do it. All of my stuntmen have gotten hurt.” – Jackie Chan
23. “If everyone does some good, think of what a good world this will be.” – Jackie Chan
24. “We learn martial arts as helping weakness. You never fight for people to get hurt. You’re always helping people.” – Jackie Chan
25. “I only want my work to make people happy.” – Jackie Chan
26. “A lot of people ask me when I do a stunt, ‘Jackie, are you scared?’ Of course, I’m scared. I’m not Superman.” – Jackie Chan
27. “If there really is a god, then he really looks after me.” – Jackie Chan
28. “As a father, I always want my son to be perfect. When he was young, I tried to train him in martial arts, but he said, ‘I don’t want to become like Bruce Lee’s son, with everybody telling me how good my father was.’ I just think my son is too lazy.” – Jackie Chan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Bruce Lee quotes from the iconic actor and fighter.
29. “I hate violence, yes I do. It’s kind of a dilemma, huh?” – Jackie Chan
30. “My schedule goes: wake up, running, exercise, downstairs, running shoes off, then to the shower. That’s the Jackie Chan diary.” – Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan quotes that will make you laugh and smile
31. “I’m tired of fighting. I’ve always known that I can’t be an action star all my life.” – Jackie Chan
32. “Being a stunt coordinator, I have to take care not only of myself but I have to make sure everyone is safe.”- Jackie Chan
33. “I really hope someday in Hollywood, some producer or director will hire me only to do drama.” – Jackie Chan
34. “It is totally different making films in the East than in the West. In the East, I make my own Jackie Chan films, and it’s like my family. Sometimes I pick up the camera because I choreograph all the fighting scenes, even when I’m not fighting. I don’t have my own chair. I just sit on the set with everybody.” – Jackie Chan
35. “I loved cowboy movies when I was a kid. When I was five years old, I was already wearing a cowboy hat and suit. When I grew up, I knew John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Kirk Douglas, and so on.” – Jackie Chan
36. “The children right now, the young children, everybody should go to a martial arts school. Why? Because as soon as they go to a martial arts school, they learn discipline.” – Jackie Chan
37. “Besides entertainment and action, I want to educate. You know, as a producer or director, we do have a responsibility to society.” – Jackie Chan
38. “I don’t want to be an action star, an action star’s life is so short. I want my life to get longer, I want my career to get longer.” – Jackie Chan
39. “Family isn’t whose blood you carry. It’s who you love and who loves you.” – Jackie Chan
40. “When I’m making an American film, it’s safer because there are so many people on the set to watch me. Whatever I do, they say, ‘What are you doing!? Tell me first!’ There are so many restrictions.” – Jackie Chan
Jackie Chan quotes to inspire and teach
41. “Most of the time, I’m not even working; I’m just helping people because I feel that I am too lucky.” – Jackie Chan
42. “Coffee is a language in itself.” – Jackie Chan
43. “For me, the greatest source of income is still movies. Nothing – stocks, financial speculation, real estate speculation, or businesses – makes more money for me than making movies.” – Jackie Chan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of real estate quotes that will motivate you to invest.
44. “My dream is to continue filming until my body tells me to stop.” – Jackie Chan
45. “I allowed myself to be bullied because I was scared and didn’t know how to defend myself. I was bullied until I prevented a new student from being bullied. By standing up for him, I learned to stand up for myself.” – Jackie Chan
46. “When I was young I trained a lot. I trained my mind, I trained my eyes, trained my thinking, how to help people. And it trained me how to deal with pressure.” – Jackie Chan
47. “I think every young child can learn through any martial art. They would then learn to respect their life, respect their parents, respect their country, and respect the whole world.” – Jackie Chan
48. “Pain is my daily routine. As long as I don’t go to the hospital, it’s nothing for me.” – Jackie Chan
49. “Bruce Lee brought the martial arts movie to the attention of the world – and without him, I don’t think that anyone would have ever heard of Jackie Chan.” – Jackie Chan
50. “I just make good movies. That’s the way I thank my fans.” – Jackie Chan
More Jackie Chan quotes and sayings
51. “I prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.” – Jackie Chan
52. “I’m not young anymore. I’m really, really tired. And the world is too violent right now. It’s a dilemma – I like action but I don’t like violence.” – Jackie Chan
53. “You don’t get to do over parts or go back and change your path. Your life is decided by your character and the decisions you make in the moment.” – Jackie Chan
54. “The world isn’t that big, but it’s not that small either, and connections between two human beings are always a little mystical.” – Jackie Chan
55. “Life will knock us down, but we can choose whether or not to stand back up.” – Jackie Chan
56. “Nothing makes me more determined to succeed than someone telling me something’s impossible.” – Jackie Chan
57. “You don’t need a reason to be nice to someone.” – Jackie Chan
58. “Martial arts is for defense. It’s not for attacking. So when people are fighting, always, always, defend.” – Jackie Chan
59. “Martial arts is not for hurting people, it’s for protecting people.” – Jackie Chan
60. “We have to do what we can to help wherever and whenever it is possible for us to help.” – Jackie Chan
What are your favorite Jackie Chan quotes about travel, family, and movies?
If you’re interested in exploring the globe, you should first read these Jackie Chan quotes about travel. His unique perspective on the world will inspire you to push yourself outside of your comfort zone.
When you believe in yourself and allow yourself to grow, only then will you reach your full potential. This collection of Jackie Chan quotes about life will motivate you to blossom into the best version of yourself possible.
Trained in Kung Fu, Wushu, and Hapkido, Jackie Chan is truly a master of many fighting styles. If you’re seeking inspiration, look no further than the encouraging words of Jackie Chan. Reading this collection of Jackie Chan quotes will motivate you to train your hardest and achieve your goals.
What are your favorite Jackie Chan quotes and sayings in Chinese or in English? Let us know in the comment section below.
January 20, 2021 7:00 AM EST