If you love fiction, you will love these Atlas Shrugged quotes from the popular novel.
Atlas Shrugged is a fiction novel written by Ayn Rand in 1957.
This was the 4th and last novel Ayn Rand wrote, and she considered Atlas Shrugged to be her masterpiece in the fiction genre.
The book includes the genres of science fiction, mystery, and romance.
It is her piece of work that contains the most elements of objectivism in any of her fiction novels.
The story’s plot involves a dystopian US where small businesses are suffering due to the constant increase in laws and regulations that are a burden to having a small business.
We see a pair of wealthy lovers fight against the “looters” that are trying to exploit their productivity.
The book has achieved enduring popularity and has influenced a number of conservative and libertarian thinkers and politicians.
Enjoy these Atlas Shrugged quotes!
You will also enjoy our article on Utopia quotes.
Powerful Atlas Shrugged Quotes
Ayn Rand had a way with words; below are some powerful quotes from Atlas Shrugged.
1. “To fear to face an issue is to believe that the worst is true.” – Ayn Rand
2. “If you don’t know, the thing to do is not to get scared, but to learn.” – Ayn Rand
3. “No one’s happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” – Ayn Rand
4. “Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them.” – Ayn Rand
5. “Don’t ever get angry at a man for stating the truth.” – Ayn Rand
6. “Your fear of death is not a love for life. . .” – Ayn Rand
7. “By the essence and nature of existence, contradictions cannot exist.” – Ayn Rand
8. “It was the joy of admiration and of one’s own ability, growing together.” – Ayn Rand
9. “There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think.” – Ayn Rand
10. “Wealth is the product of man’s capacity to think.” – Ayn Rand
Inspirational Atlas Shrugged Quotes
Check out the inspirational quotes below that will make you want to live a better life!
11. “I refuse to apologize for my ability—I refuse to apologize for my success—I refuse to apologize for my money.” – Ayn Rand
12. “Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach.” – Ayn Rand
13. “Have you ever felt the longing for someone you could admire? For something, not to look down at, but up to?” – Ayn Rand
14. “The only proper purpose of a government is to protect man’s rights, which means: to protect him from physical violence.” – Ayn Rand
15. “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” – Ayn Rand
16. “Whenever anyone accuses some person of being ‘unfeeling,’ he means that that person is just. He means that that person has no causeless emotions and will not grant him a feeling which he does not deserve.” – Ayn Rand
17. “Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone.” – Ayn Rand
18. “I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values.” – Ayn Rand
19. “Man’s life must be a straight line of motion from goal to farther goal, each leading to the next and to a single growing sum.” – Ayn Rand
20. “The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.” – Ayn Rand
Don’t Give Up If Not Successful at First
Atlas Shrugged is a great example of persevering when you believe in something, even if you are unsuccessful at first.
When Atlas Shrugged first came out, it was met with primarily negative reviews.
However, it has achieved enduring popularity, influenced numerous political leaders, and even had a movie trilogy created about the book.
Please share these Atlas Shrugged quotes and lines with your family and friends and post any comments in the comment section below.