Ayn Rand Quotes on Life, Love and Capitalism
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Enjoy the following inspirational Ayn Rand quotes about capitalism, individual rights, and more.
1. “Guilt is a rope that wears thin.” – Ayn Rand
2. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
3. “Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness.” – Ayn Rand
4. “The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” – Ayn Rand
5. “Achieving life is not the equivalent of avoiding death.” – Ayn Rand
6. “Free competition enforced by law” is a grotesque contradiction in terms.” – Ayn Rand
You will also enjoy our article on Fountainhead quotes.
7. “You were not born to be a second-hander.” – Ayn Rand
8. “There’s nothing of any importance except how well you do your work.” – Ayn Rand
9. “Don’t ever give up what you want in life. The struggle is worth it.” – Ayn Rand
10. “If one doesn’t respect oneself one can have neither love nor respect for others.” – Ayn Rand
11. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” – Ayn Rand
12. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Atlas Shrugged quotes from the fiction novel.
Ayn Rand quotes about life and liberty
13. “Achievement of your happiness is the only moral purpose of your life, and that happiness, not pain or mindless self-indulgence, is the proof of your moral integrity, since it is the proof and the result of your loyalty to the achievement of your values.” – Ayn Rand
14. “Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it’s yours.” – Ayn Rand
15. “To sell your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That’s what everybody does every hour of his life. If I asked you to keep your soul – would you understand why that’s much harder? If it’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” – Ayn Rand
16. “Joy is the goal of existence, and joy is not to be stumbled upon, but to be achieved, and the act of treason is to let its vision drown in the swamp of the moment’s torture.” – Ayn Rand
17. “I hope you will understand my hesitation in writing to one whom I admire as the greatest representative of a philosophy to which I want to dedicate my whole life.” – Ayn Rand
18. “Individual rights are not subject to a public vote; a majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities (and the smallest minority on earth is the individual).” – Ayn Rand
19. “What is greatness? I will answer: it is the capacity to live by the three fundamental values of John Galt: reason, purpose, self-esteem.” – Ayn Rand
20. “Thanksgiving is a typically American holiday…The lavish meal is a symbol of the fact that abundant consumption is the result and reward of production.” – Ayn Rand
21. “The upper classes are… a nation’s past; the middle class is its future.” – Ayn Rand
Ayn Rand quotes about being American
22. “I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction.” – Ayn Rand
23. “I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” – Ayn Rand
24. “Freedom (n.): To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.” – Ayn Rand
25. “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” – Ayn Rand
Which Ayn Rand quotes are your favorite?
Tell us in the comment section below.
John S. Dimon III
January 10, 2019 at 7:43 PM
1) The Government was set to protect Man from Criminals. And the Constitution was written to protect Man from Government.
2)There is no difference between Communism and Socialism, except in the means of achieving the same ultimate end: Communism proposes to enslave Men by force, Socialism by vote. It is merely the difference between murder and suicide.
November 25, 2018 at 11:51 PM
When contemplating the current approach of our government I believe “The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” is the most fitting.
May 31, 2018 at 4:59 PM
Too many almost to choose one… currently I am focused on “the hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see”. And I wonder about climate change, American politics/leadership, nuclear war… how does common ground become evident… and seen…