Our latest collection of Carl Jung quotes on Everyday Power.
Carl Jung, AKA C.G. Jung was a Swiss psychotherapist, who has authored over 10 books, with his one of his best known works, Man and His Symbols.
Many of Carl Jung’s quotes deal with our own personal interpretation of the world around us.
Jung believed the quality of our lives was related to the meaning we give to events, things, people and experiences.
These quotes by Carl Jung cause us to reflect on how we function within the context of our surroundings.
Meaning, where do we fit in?
What can I change?
What will remain unchanged?
What can I do do survive, and thrive in this environment?
Enjoy some of our favorite Carl Jung quotes!
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Inspiring Carl Jung quotes
1. “It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.” – Carl Jung
2. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
3. “Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
You will also enjoy our article on psychology quotes.
4. “In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order.” – Carl Jung
5. “Knowledge rests not upon truth alone, but upon error also.” – Carl Jung
6. “Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.” – Carl Jung
7. “There is no coming to consciousness without pain.” – Carl Jung
8. “The word “happiness” would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
9. “We don’t really heal anything; we simply let it go.” – Carl Jung
10. “Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.” – Carl Jung
Carl Jung quotes to elevate your mind
11. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.” – Carl Jung
12. “The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable.” – Carl Jung
13. “As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.” – Carl Jung
14. “There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotions.” – Carl Jung
15. “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them.” – Carl Jung
16. “Great talents are the most lovely and often the most dangerous fruits on the tree of humanity. They hang upon the most slender twigs that are easily snapped off.” – Carl Jung
17. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung
18. “The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.” – Carl Jung
19. “Often the hands will solve a mystery that the intellecthas struggled with in vain.” – Carl Jung
20. “Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol, morphine or idealism.” – Carl Jung
21. “Shrinking away from death is something unhealthy and abnormal which robs the second half of life of its purpose.” – Carl Jung
22. “The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.” – Carl Jung
More Carl Jung quotes and sayings
23. “The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.” – Carl Jung
24. “We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.” – Carl Jung
25. “Who has fully realized that history is not contained in thick books but lives in our very blood?” – Carl Jung
What did you learn from these Carl Jung quotes?
Do you have any other Carl Jung quotes to add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.