Dental Quotes For A Bright Smile
December 19, 2022 7:48 AM EST
Celebrate your smile with our dental quotes.
Going to the dentist might not be your favorite pastime, but regular visits to the dentist keep our teeth clean and healthy.
Why is dental care important?
Good dental care is essential to our health.
The health of our teeth is a general marker of our overall health.
When was the last time you went to the dentist?
A reasonable goal for most people is to visit the dentist at least once a year.
However, many dental hygienists suggest that people with healthy teeth who are at low risk for gum disease may visit every eighteen to twenty-four months.
Check out these informative dental facts:
- 25% of adults do not brush twice a day.
- Over a lifetime, you spend 38.5 days brushing your teeth.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest substance on the human body.
Your teeth are vital to your health.
Like our fingerprints, our tooth prints are unique to us.
Brushing is important, but flossing is essential to our oral health.
When we do not floss, we miss 40% of our teeth’s surface area, which can lead to tooth decay and gingivitis.
For such an important task, flossing is not very popular in America.
Surveys suggest that a whopping 75% of Americans would rather do a chore like grocery shopping than floss their teeth.
You will love our dental quotes below if your dental health is essential to you.
Check them out, and don’t forget to floss!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of smile quotes to elevate your mood.
Short dental quotes
These dental quotes get right to the point.
1. “An aching tooth is better out than in.” ― Richard Baxter Quotes
2. “The tongue is ever turning to the aching tooth.” ― Thomas Fuller
3. “Be true to your teeth, or they will be false to you.” ― Soupy Sales
4. “Love conquers all things except poverty and toothache.” ― Anonymous
5. “A man loses his illusions first, his teeth second, and his follies last.” ― Helen Rowland
6. “Every tooth in a man’s head is more valuable than a diamond.” ― Miguel de Cervantes Quotes
7. “You don’t have to brush your teeth, just the ones you want to keep.” ― Anonymous
8. “A dentist at work in his vocation always looks down in the mouth.” ― George D. Prentice
9. “If a patient cannot clean his teeth, no dentist can clean them for him.” ― Martin H. Fischer
10. “Some tortures are physical, and some are mental, but the one that is both is dental.” ― Ogden Nash
Insightful dental quotes
Here is an excellent selection of dental quotes from diverse personalities.
11. “The man with a toothache thinks everyone happy whose teeth are sound.” ― George Bernard Shaw
12. “You don’t have to floss all your teeth – just the ones you want to keep.” ― Anonymous
13. “A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew.” ― Herb Caen
14. “The best and cheapest dentistry is when the right thing is done extremely well the first time, and it lasts for a long time.” ― Anonymous
15. “A genuine smile comes from the heart, but a healthy smile needs good dental care.” ― Wayne Chirisa
16. “Happiness is your dentist telling you it won’t hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill.” ― Johnny Carson
17. “Smile; it lets your teeth breathe.” — Anonymous
18. “For there was never yet philosopher, That could endure the toothache patiently.” — William Shakespeare
19. “I’ve been to the dentist several times, so I know the drill.” — Anonymous
20. “I’m always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can’t understand is, if they don’t know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?” — Paul Merton
Dental quotes for Instagram
These are the perfect captions for dental enthusiasts.
21. “Cavities don’t scare us!” — Anonymous
22. “Be kind to your dentist. Because he has “fillings,” too.” — Anonymous
23. “It’s all fun & games until a tooth gets knocked out.” — Anonymous
24. “Dentists – Improving lives, one smile at a time!” — Anonymous
25. “Dental hygienist – sweet enough to make you smile, skilled enough to protect it!” — Anonymous
26. “We’re your dental defenders.” — Anonymous
27. “Dentists are medical professionals who help you put your money where your mouth is.” — Anonymous
28. “A good dentist never gets on your nerves.” — Anonymous
29. “A dentist gets to the root of the problem.” — Anonymous
30. “Floss like a boss!” — Anonymous
Funny dental quotes
Smile and laugh at these funny dental quotes.
31. “She laughs at everything you say. Why? Because she has fine teeth.” — Benjamin Franklin
32. “I always notice a person’s smile. I’m a dental hygienist.” — Winifred Hervey
33. “Good dental care doesn’t make you a good student, but if your tooth hurts, it’s hard to be a good student.” — Geoffrey Canada
34. “Don’t take life too seriously! Nobody gets out alive anyway. Smile.” — Dawn Gluskin
35. “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” — Mother Teresa
36. “Some people who can skirt precipices without a tremor have a strong dread of the dentist’s chair.” — C.C. Gaither
37. “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” — Martin Charnin
38. “Whether you have teeth or not, smile! Because our world always needs a smile!” — Mehmet Murat İldan
39. “Some old women and men grow bitter with age; the more their teeth drop out, the more biting they get.” — George D Prentice
40. “I was created to create beautiful smiles.” — Mosman Dental Clinic
Dental quotes about smiling
Everyone loves a nice smile.
41. “But I often think if I had had my dental work done early on, well, maybe.” — Morgan Freeman
42. “There is no weaponry in the feminine armory to which men are so vulnerable as they are to a smile.” — Dorothy Dix
43. “If you’ve put a smile on someone’s face today, you’ve done more good than you know.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
44. “When I was in sixth grade, I wrote my first sketch, ‘The Dentist.’ I played the dentist. What can go wrong at the dentist?” — Trey Parker
45. “If Alien was my friend, I’d like to be with him when he went to the dentist.” — Jack Handy
46. “You should avoid sweets. After all, you just signed away your dental insurance.” — Tony Kushner
47. “Dental hygiene is the study of preventive oral healthcare including the management of behaviors to prevent oral disease.” — Michele Leonardi Darby
48. “I find that most men would rather have their bellies opened for five hundred dollars than have a tooth pulled for five.” — Martin H Fischer
49. “No one would disagree that it would be better to maintain oral health throughout life.” — Wiley-Blackwell
50. “I was a left-handed dentist who made people cry.” — Casey Stengel
Dental hygiene is important
The first recorded dental work occurred in Africa.
The first dentists were in ancient Egypt.
Hesy-Re was a dental physician in 26000 B.C.
He successfully removed teeth and helped people fight cavities.
His tombstone is engraved with the words “The greatest of those who deal with teeth, and of physicians.”
Dentistry has come a long way since then.
In the past, people thought that “tooth worms” were the cause of tooth decay as opposed to plaque or gum disease.
The original dentist drills were powered by foot, making keeping a steady hand difficult.
Many patients were injured before the technology was advanced.
Novocain was not made available until 1903.
Before that, people had to bear the pain of dental surgery with no numbing medicine.
Before becoming a professional dentist was a career choice, many people opted to have their teeth pulled by their barber.
What was your favorite dental quote?
Be sure to let us know in the comments.