Our latest collection of the best personal growth quotes on Everyday Power!
Happiness comes from seeing what you are capable of….and surprising yourself!
We all need reminders!
Enjoy this list of popular and rare quotes, and check out additional self-help quotes when you’re finished!
Personal Growth Quotes
Be mindful of the choices you have in every situation. Success is ALWAYS an option.
1. “You don’t need to change the world; you need to change yourself.” ― Miguel Ruiz
You will also enjoy our article on real estate quotes.
2. “Why are you going to choose failure when success is an option?” ― Jillian Michaels
3. “We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world” ― Helen Keller
Let your pain, disappointment, and fear push you towards having the courage to be who you are capable of being.
4. “For my own personal growth, I had to set out on my own.” ― Frank Press
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
5. “No one is coming to save you. You can’t have an ideal partner without working towards your ideal self.” ― Jeff Moore
6. “Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.” ― Mia Hamm
7. “We boil at different degrees.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
8. “The man who views the world at 50 the same he did at 20 has wasted thirty years of his life.” — Muhammad Ali
9. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” ― Anaïs Nin
You will also enjoy our article on self-reflection quotes.
10. “You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.” ― Idowu Koyenikan
You will also enjoy our article on commitment quotes.
Introspective quotes about personal growths
Every day, we have the opportunity to learn, grow and become wiser. Embrace it. Live it.
11. “Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it.” ― Carlos Ruiz Zafón
12. “Often, it’s not about becoming a new person, but becoming the person you were meant to be, and already are, but don’t know how to be.” ― Heath L. Buckmaster
You will also enjoy these know your worth quotes.
13. “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” ― Nelson Mandela
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about helping others.
14. “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
15. “Life is like a game of chess. To win, you have to make a move.” ― Allan Rufus
You will also enjoy our article on growing up quotes.
Motivational personal growth quotes to keep you going
16. “As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.” ― Winston Churchill
17. “Nothing ever happened in the past that can prevent you from being present now, and if the past can’t prevent you from being present now, what power does it have?” ― Eckhart Tolle
18. “You are Life passing through your body, passing through your mind, passing through your soul. Once you find that out, not with logic, not with the intellect, but because you can feel that life—you find out that you are… Life.” ― Don Miguel Ruiz
19. “Those who improve with age embrace the power of personal growth and personal achievement and begin to replace youth with wisdom, innocence with understanding, and lack of purpose with self-actualization.” ― Bo Bennett
20. “You will encounter misguided people from time to time… The challenge is to educate them when you can, but always to keep your dignity and self-respect and persevere in your personal growth and development.” ― Bernice King
The most inspiring quotes to live by for personal growth
Personal growth and development can mean many things to different people.
21. “Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who do not. When I see a person beginning to separate themselves from the pack, it’s almost always due to personal growth.” ― John C. Maxwell
22. “If you don’t have peace, it isn’t because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you.” ― John C. Maxwell
How do you interpret what happens to you? What meaning do you give it? Is your pain in vain, or is it part of a higher purpose?
23. “Intelligent, successful, attractive people can be intimidating. They force us to hold a mirror to ourselves; we can be disappointed, jealous, or inspired toward personal growth.” ― Ian K. Smith
Personal growth quotes on the importance of going out of our comfort zone
Use these quotes as encouragement to move out of your comfort zone.
24. “We’ve observed that people who stall in their personal growth work often have counterproductive soft addictions that stand in their way of growth and having the life they say they want. It can be a simple thing, such as watching TV instead of finishing a project.” ― Judith Wright
25. “My personal growth stems from the humility with which I navigate the world, namely with a reverence for all of the knowledge that I’ve yet to learn but that is out there available to me.” ― Gad Saad
26. “I think it’s really, really important to mix it up as an actor, to try to get as much kind of varied experience as you can, not only for your own personal growth as an actor but for the audience to keep them guessing about what you’re going to do.” ― Liev Schreiber
27. “Only after I faced the unhappiness of my first marriage did I start on the path of personal growth.” ― Judith Wright
28. “Being bridled, or yielding obediently to restraint, is necessary for our personal growth and progression.” ― James E. Faust
29. People on a spiritual path – personal growth, spiritual practice, recovery, yoga, and so forth – are the last people who should be sitting out the social and political issues of our day.” ― Marianne Williamson
30. “Procrastination will delay your change!!! Today is a very good day to change; don’t let YOU stop yourself from growing!” ― Steve Harvey
Personal growth quotes to focus on yourself
Changing your focus will help you continue to grow and develop.
31. “If we make a steady effort, I think we can overcome any form of negative conditioning and make positive changes in our lives. But we need to remember that genuine change doesn’t happen overnight.” ― Dalai Lama
32. “Learn to see that it is not things that bother us, that we go out to bother them. See the world as a mirror. It is all a reflection of the mind. When you know this, you can grow in every moment, and every experience reveals truth and brings understanding.” ― Ajahn Chah
34. “That your life becomes that which you focus on and that at any time you can assert your personal willpower to become what you want to be and not become what the outside circumstances may attempt to mold you into.” ― Jason Micheal Ratliff
Quotes to help you focus on your growth and development
We all need to measure ourselves on an individual basis to give ourselves credit where credit is due.
36. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” ― George Bernard Shaw
37. “If we’re really committed to growth, we never stop discovering new dimensions of self and self-expression .” ― Oprah Winfrey
38. “The ability to grow is directly related to the amount of insecurity you can take in your life.” ― Bruce Jenner
39. “Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth; we are happy when we are growing.” ― William Butler Yeats
40. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
41. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” ― E. E. Cummings
42. “The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life.” ― Julie B. Beck
43. “Growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. Remember that and be very gentle with yourself.” ― Julia Cameron
44. “It is in the character of growth that we should learn from both pleasant and unpleasant experiences.” ― Nelson Mandela
45. “Dedicate yourself to continuous personal improvement. You are your most precious resource.” ― Brian Tracy
Personal growth quotes to become a better version of yourself
The power to change is within your hands, as shown in the following quotes.
46. “Living is a process of developing oneself. Without experiencing pain from disconcerting periods of our lives, we would be different person, perhaps a lesser person.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
47. “Personal development – the never-ending chance to improve not only yourself but also attract opportunities and affect others.” ― Jim Rohn
48. “You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight. If you want to reach your goals and fulfill your potential, become intentional about your personal growth. It will change your life.” ― Jim Rohn
49. “The greatest gift you can give to somebody is your own personal development.” ― Jim Rohn
50. “It is hard to keep that which has not been obtained through personal development.” ― Jim Rohn
51. “Make personal growth a daily priority.” ― John C. Maxwell
52. “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” ― Stephen Covey
53. “Every time we push personal development aside, we invite personal struggle into our lives.” ― Hal Elrod
54. “Personal development is a major time-saver. The better you become, the less time it takes you to achieve your goals.” ― Brian Tracy
55. “A person must constantly work to develop their self to the fullest embodiment of a human being through their acts of love, compassion, and dutiful work.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
Personal growth quotes to cultivate your potential
If you have untapped potential within you, these quotes will help motivate you to step into it.
56. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
57. “If you go to work on your goals, your goals will go to work on you. If you go to work on your plan, your plan will go to work on you. Whatever good things we build end up building us.” — Jim Rohn
58. “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” — Aldous Huxley
59. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” — Jack Welch
60. “You’ve got to continue to grow, or you’re just like last night’s cornbread – stale and dry.” — Loretta Lynn
61. “Know your value. Confidence breeds success. Act like the person you want to become, and people will start seeing you as that person.” — Mark M. Ford
63. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” — Andy Rooney
64. “Don’t sacrifice your spirit for wealth. Grow your wealth by first growing your spirit.” — Robert Kiyosaki
65. “If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a time or great personal growth ahead.” — Oswald Chambers
Personal growth quotes to inspire your personal journey
Keep going on your journey to growth with the following quotes.
66. “By improving yourself, the world is made better. Be not afraid of growing too slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.” — Benjamin Franklin
67. “I think success has a lot to do with my own personal growth.” — John C. Maxwell
68. Personal growth is not a matter of learning new information but of unlearning old limits.” — Alan Cohen
69. I actually started writing it because I was inspired by my own personal growth.” — Erykah Badu
70. “I chose to devote the lion’s share of my time to my personal growth and to my family. I reconnected with the part of me that I had left behind.” — RuPaul
71. “Negative people present us with an accelereted personal growth opportunity.” — Gail Godwin
72. “Every relationship, every situation is part of a divinely created and highly specific curriculum for your soul growth.” — Marianne Williamson
73. “People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
74. “Personal growth is about progress, not perfection.” — Hal Elrod
75. “Ask yourself – Where do I want to be one year from today? Personal growth is a choice.” — Bob Proctor
Personal growth quotes to stay focused
Keep your eyes focused on your growth goals with the following quotes.
76. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make” — Jane Goodall
77. “With the right mindset, we can’t lose—we either practice what we’ve learned or we learn what we need to practice.” — Noura
78. “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” — John Maxwell
79. “What we fear of doing most is usually what we most need to do.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “A man’s true delight is to do the things he was made for.” ― Marcus Aurelius
81. “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness.” ― Eckhart Tolle
82. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
83. “The greatest investment you’ll ever make is investing in you.” ― Wesam Fawzi
84. “It’s really not your business what others are doing. What matters is what you’re doing.” ― Clyde Lee Dennis
85. “We all have internal struggles and personal challenges. Do not let anyone make you feel bad about yours.” ― Izey Victoria Odiase
Personal growth quotes to inspire improvement
These quotes will help you focus on continuous improvement for life.
86. “If the people in your circle aren’t contributing to your growth, then you’re not in a circle… you’re in a cage.” ― Kianu Starr
87. “Without continuous personal development, you are now all that you will ever become.” ― Eli Cohen
88. “We are either moving forward or moving backward. There is no such thing as standing still.” ― Becky Williamson-Martin
89. “Every moment of one’s existence, one is growing into more or retreating into less.” ― Norman Mailer
90. “Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” — Morihei Ueshiba
91. “There’s only one investment that will never go down — an investment in yourself.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
92. “Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time, and energy needed to develop yourself.” ― Denis Waitley
93. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” ― Ernest Hemingway
94. “Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.” ― Jean Vanier
95. “Your job is to be the best that you can possibly be.” ― Brian Tracy
Personal Growth Quotes to Cultivate Your Best Self
96. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambition.” ― Mark Twain
97. “Heaven never helps the man who will not help himself.” ― Sophocles
98. “Make sure the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.” ― Jim Rohn
99. “In learning to know other things, and other minds, we become more intimately acquainted with ourselves, and are to ourselves better worth knowing.” ― Philip Gilbert Hamerton
100. “Fear less, hope more. Eat less, chew more. Talk less, say more. Hate less, love more.” ― Abigail Van Buren
111. “Collect as precious pearls the words of the wise and virtuous.” ― Abdelkader El Djezairi
112. “Know thyself means this, that you get acquainted with what you know, and what you can do.” ― Menander
113. “Be the change you want to see in your networks.” ― James H. Fowler
114. To conquer oneself is the best and noblest victory; to be vanquished by one’s own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat.” ― Plato
115. “Be the change you want to see.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
Inspiring Personal Growth Quotes for Life’s Journey
116. “The happiest life is that which constantly exercises and educates what is best in us.” ― Philip Gilbert Hamerton
117. “Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life.” ― Herbert Otto Gille
118. “Of all the things that can have an effect on your future, I believe personal growth is the greatest.” ― Jim Rohn
119. “The greatest tragedy in life is not death, but a life without a purpose.” ― Myles Munroe
120. “You must decide if you are going to rob the world or bless it with the rich, valuable, potent, untapped resources locked away within you.” ― Myles Munroe
121. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst, and unsurprised by anything in between.” ― Maya Angelou
122. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” ― Benjamin Franklin
123. “It takes true strength of character to redefine your limits by pushing past them.” ― Katherine Reutter
124. You alone are the judge of your worth and your goal is to discover infinite worth in yourself, no matter what anyone else thinks.” ― Deepak Chopra
125. “If you have an hour, will you not improve that hour, instead of idling it away?” ― Lord Chesterfield
One of the biggest challenges in life is committing to being our best selves.
Whether it’s due to desperation or inspiration, decide to live within a vision that excites you.
Which of these personal growth quotes is your favorite?
Check out these related lifestyle articles:
Nothing can break you once you read these inspirational poems!
You are never too old, poor, young, or sick to live your dreams.
Rather than doing nothing and getting sucked into a terrible rabbit hole, let’s explore ten ways to reinvent yourself so you – and your life – can become unstuck.
These inspirational quotes about breaking your limits will help you answer a few questions that could change the course of your life!
Check out these related quote articles:
These transformation quotes will help you become who you really want to be.
Positive motivational quotes will help recharge your optimism, faith, and attitude while you strive for success in all areas of life!
Here are the Best Inspirational Quotes to help you tap into your full potential!
These comfort zone quotes can help inspire you to step out of your comfort zone. Be brave – do things you’ve never done before.