Fans of war movies based on actual events will enjoy these Black Hawk Down Quotes.
Black Hawk Down was released in 2001 as a war movie based on the 1999 book of the same name by Mark Bowden.
You may also enjoy these related articles:
The book and the movie are based on actual events, as they are about the U.S. military’s raid in Mogadishu in 1993.
The film was directed and produced by Ridley Scott and co-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.
Black Hawk Down stars actors Josh Hartnett, Ewan McGregor, Eric Bana, and Tom Sizemore, among others.
Upon release, the movie received mostly positive reviews from critics and performed well at the box office, where it grossed $172 million against a budget of $92 – $110 million.
Look at these Black Hawk Down quotes to learn more about the war movie.
Intense Black Hawk Down Quotes
Check out these intense quotes from the movie.
1. “In Somalia, killing is negotiation.” — Militiaman
2. “Colonel! They’re shooting at us!” — Dominick Pilla
3. “Three hundred thousand dead and counting.” — Garrison
4. “This is a civil war. This is our war, not yours.” — Atto
5. “Everybody’s shot! We need the prisoners; let’s go!” — McKnight
6. “That’s not a war, Mr. Atto. That’s genocide.” — Garrison
7. “There will always be killing, you see? This is how things are in our world.” — Militiaman
8. “Yeah, well, Smith’s still dead. If Blackburn hadn’t fallen, none of this would’ve happened.” — Eversmann
9. “’Cause Sergeant, you can’t control who gets hit or who doesn’t or who falls out of a chopper or why. It ain’t up to you.” — Hoot
10. “Look, these people, they have no jobs, no food, no education, no future. I just figure that we have two things we can do. Help, or we can sit back and watch a country destroy itself on CNN.” — Eversmann
Well-Known Black Hawk Down Quotes
Here are some of the most well-known quotes from the movie.
11. “I’m not a ranger. I’m a pilot.” — Durant
12. “My government will never negotiate for me.” — Durant
13. “Would have, could have, should have – it don’t matter.” — Hoot
14. “We’re not leaving Somalia until we find him. And we will find him.” — Garrison
15. “Beautiful beach, beautiful sun. Could almost be a nice place to visit.” — Eversmann
16. “Tell my parents that I fought well today. And tell them that I… that I fought hard.” — Smith
17. “If we don’t hold down this city, we are gonna have 100 caskets to fill by morning.” — Garrison
The Best Black Hawk Down Quotes
Enjoy some of the best quotes from the movie.
18. “No one gets left behind, you know that.” — Stuecker
19. “I’ve been training my whole life for this.” — Todd Blackburn
20. “I think everything’s changed. I know I’ve changed.” — Eversmann
21. “It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.” — Struecker
22. “Just watch your corner and get all your men back here alive.” — Hoot
23. “Without victory, there will be no peace.” — Abdullah’ Firimbi’ Hassan
24. “Nobody asks to be a hero. It just sometimes turns out that way.” — Eversmann
25. “You did it right today. Now you gotta start thinking about getting them out of here.” — Hoot
What is the Plot of the Movie?
In 1992, President Clinton sent in a force of Army Rangers to capture a militia loyalist named Mahomed Farrah Aidid, who had taken over Somalia.
During the ensuing battle, two American helicopters were shot down, and forces spent the day and night trying to rescue their fellow soldiers.
During the battle, 19 American soldiers and more than 1,000 Somalis died.
You might also like these A Long Way Gone quotes from a child soldier.
Please share these Black Hawk Down Quotes with your family and friends and post any comments about the movie in the comment section below.