Explore dragons, destiny, and adventure with these Eragon quotes!
Eragon is a fantasy novel written by Christopher Paolini and published in 2002.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
The novel tells the story of a young boy named Eragon who discovers a mysterious blue stone in the forest, which turns out to be a dragon egg.
Tell us your favorite Eragon quotes in the comment section.
Why should you read Eragon quotes?
In the book, Eragon raises the dragon from the egg he found, whose name is Saphira, and learns about his destiny as a Dragon Rider.
Throughout the novel, he faces a long journey of adversity and obstacles.
He starts as a poor farm boy who has yet to learn of his place in the world.
However, after discovering Saphira and learning he is a Dragon Rider, he rises to the occasion and fulfills his destiny.
Reading Eragon quotes inspires us to believe in our own ability to overcome obstacles and achieve greatness.
Eragon is the first in a series of books called The Inheritance Cycle, which includes three other works entitled:
The book has been compared to J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings and other fantasy classics for its detailed world-building and epic storytelling.
Eragon has inspired a generation of young writers and fans, and it continues to be a beloved classic for readers of all ages.
We hope you enjoy these Eragon quotes!
Short Eragon quotes about life
Let’s start our quest with these short Eragon quotes about life.
1. “Into the sky to win or die.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
2. “Be careful with your money.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
3. “Sometimes there are no answers.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
4. “There is much you can learn from books.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
5. “Hold fast to your beliefs, and others will listen.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
The top Eragon quotes about completing the quest
These quotes are all about being prepared for an epic mission.
6. “Let no one rule your mind or body.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
7. “It’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
8. “Do not dwell on that which you cannot change.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
9. “Judge with logic and reason, but comment not.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
10. “The greatest enemy is one that has nothing to lose.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
The best Eragon quotes about growth and development
11. “Respect the past; you never know how it may affect you.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
12. “It’s funny to see a hatchling like you beaten by the old one.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
13. “Show respect for those in power, but don’t follow them blindly.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
14. “Nothing is more dangerous than an enemy with nothing to lose.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
15. “Life is pain. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
Eragon quotes and sayings to live by
Eragon fans know these stories are full of helpful wisdom.
16. “People have an annoying habit of remembering things they shouldn’t.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
17. “I refuse to repent, and I won’t plague myself over what is done and past.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
18. “Wind howled through the night, carrying the scent that would change the world.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
19. “From the corner of his eye, Eragon saw Orik hewing Urgal necks with mighty blows of his ax.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
20. “Are you willing to die for what you believe in? The real courage is in living and suffering for what you believe.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
Eragon quotes about friendship and dwelling on the past
We close our list with these interesting Eragon quotes.
21. “Books are my friends, my companions. They make me laugh and cry and find meaning in life.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
22. “No hunter of the sky should end his days as prey. Better to die on the wing than pinned to the ground.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
— Christopher Paolini, Eragon
23. “To have a child is the greatest honor and responsibility that can be bestowed upon any living being.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
24. “Do not dwell on what once was, but rather look forward and ponder how you can make the future brighter.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
25. “Forgive me if I stare, I knew you were young, but even then, I was expecting someone a little more, well, more.” — Christopher Paolini, Eragon
More About Author Christopher Paolini
Paolini began writing Eragon when he was just 15 years old.
Despite facing rejection from publishers at first, he persevered and eventually self-published the book with the help of his family.
It gained popularity quickly and was eventually picked up by a major publisher.
Paolini was passionate about fantasy literature and wanted to create his own world and characters.
Christopher Paolini inspires us to pursue our passions and not give up in the face of rejection or setbacks.
Tell us your favorite Eragon quote in the comment section!
If you enjoyed reading these Eragon quotes, share them with friends and family by clicking the Share button!