Whether you’re six or 60 years old, there’s something fascinating about living like royalty. Quite a good number of folks have wondered what it’s like to live in palaces, dine with the Queen, and be on the adoring end of the public.
Sadly, being royal is not always glamorous. Aside from royal duties, you need solid values to help you weather the ups and downs that come with the title. Diana, Princess of Wales, has certainly showed the world what it took to wear a crown and help out, too. Also known as the “People’s Princess”, Diana Frances Spencer was one of the most beloved of the British royal family.
She rose from her troubled marriage with Charles, the Prince of Wales and proved her strength not only as a Princess in her own right, but as a woman. Her various humanitarian works, especially with children, endeared her to many. To this day, she remains a symbol of what a real princess should be: kind, strong, and free.
Remember Diana, Princess of Wales through these Princess Diana quotes and sayings.
And don’t forget to also read our collection of queen quotes that will have you adjusting your crown.
The Most Inspirational Princess Diana Quotes
1. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
2. “I’d like to be a queen in people’s hearts but I don’t see myself being queen of this country.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
3. “When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
4. “I knew that something profound was coming my way and I was just treading water, waiting for it. I didn’t know what it was. But I knew I was different from my friends in where I was going.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
5. “I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
6. “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
7. “Only do what your heart tells you.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
8. “They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?” – Diana, Princess of Wales
9. “I don’t go by the rule book…I lead from the heart, not the head.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
10. “I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved” – Diana, Princess of Wales
11. “Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
12. “Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
13. “People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
14. “I want my boys to have an understanding of people’s emotions, their insecurities, people’s distress, and their hopes and dreams.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
Princess Diana Quotes on Life and Love
15. “If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
16. “…and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved you, then you must protect it.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
17. “Anywhere I see suffering that is where I want to be, doing what I can.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
18. “Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a good and essential part of my life, a kind of destiny.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
19. “Hugs can do great amounts of good—especially for children.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
20. “The kindness and the affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods and always your love and affection have eased the journey.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
21. “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
22. “I think like any marriage, especially when you’ve had divorced parents like myself; you want to try even harder to make it work.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
23. “I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
24. “So many people supported me through my public life, and I will never forget them.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
25. “Life is just a journey.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
26. “My first thoughts are that I should not let people down, that I should support them and love them.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
27. “I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
Princess Diana quotes to motivate you
28. “Call me Diana, not Princess Diana.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
29. “I don’t want expensive gifts; I don’t want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
30. “Being a princess isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
31. “I am not a political figure, I am a humanitarian figure, always was, always will be.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
32. “The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
33. “It’s vital that the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It’s what I try and do.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
34. “Is it a weakness that I lead from my heart and not my head?” – Diana, Princess of Wales
35. “I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
36. “I touch people. I think everyone needs that. Placing a hand on a friend’s face means making contact.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
37. “Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
38. “I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
39. “I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
40. “I wear my heart on my sleeve.” – Diana, Princess of Wales
More Princess Diana Quotes and Sayings
41. “Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.” – Princess Diana
42. “The day I walked down the aisle at St. Paul’s Cathedral, I felt that my personality was taken away from me, and I was taken over by the royal machine.”– Princess Diana
43. “Helping people in need is a good and essential part of my life, a kind of destiny.” – Princess Diana
44. “It took a long time to understand why people were so interested in me.”– Princess Diana
45. “You can’t comfort the afflicted with afflicting the comfortable.” – Princess Diana
46. “I’d like to be a queen of people’s hearts, in people’s hearts, but I don’t see myself being the queen of this country.”– Princess Diana
47. “People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer to fulfillment. Actually, a job is better for me.”– Princess Diana
48. “I felt compelled to perform. Well, when I say perform, I was compelled to go out and do my engagements and not let people down and support them and love them.”– Princess Diana
49. “I’m aware that people I have loved and have died and are in the spirit world looking after me.”– Princess Diana
50. “I should never have played with fire and I did. And I got very burned.”– Princess Diana
What do you think about these Princess Diana quotes?
Diana left a legacy not only for her sons, but also to the world. Today, the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund for palliative care, penal reform, asylum and other issues is being carried out to help those in need. People remember her not only for her beauty, but mostly for her kind heart and gentle strength.
We hope that these Princess Diana quotes helped you remember the woman behind the royal title. Her life and works remain a great inspiration to all – proving that a crown is not only a symbol of wealth, but of service.
September 1, 2020 6:00 AM EST