Inspirational Sophia Loren Quotes About Beauty, Love, and Life
June 1, 2021 7:00 AM EST
These Sophia Loren quotes show the intelligence and street smarts of the talented actress Share which one inspires you the most in the comments.
One of the only remaining actors from the Golden Age of Hollywood, Sophia Loren has lived a full and inspiring life.
Born into poverty in 1934, Loren and her mother were abandoned by her father who was married to another woman.
Loren grew up during World War II in the slums of Puzzuoli, Italy, and shared a one-roomed apartment with eight people.
However, her luck began to turn around when she was a finalist in a beauty contest at the age of 14.
Spotted by a film producer (whom she later married), Loren began her acting career and has starred in over 100 films throughout the decades.
A born leader who also loves pasta, Loren developed a reputation of never letting anyone stand in her way.
We hope you enjoy these Sophia Loren quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Betty White quotes on how to live a long, happy life.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Check out our entire collection of motivational quotes here.
Sophia Loren quotes about beauty
1. “A woman’s dress should be like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” – Sophia Loren
2. “I think the quality of sexiness comes from within. It is something that is in you or it isn’t and it really doesn’t have much to do with breasts or thighs or the pout of your lips.” – Sophia Loren
3. “If you haven’t cried, your eyes cannot be beautiful.” – Sophia Loren
4. “You must all, somewhere deep in your hearts, believe that you have a special beauty that is like no other and that is so valuable that you must not abandon it. Indeed, you must learn to cherish it.” – Sophia Loren
5. “I’m a giraffe. I even walk like a giraffe with a long neck and legs. It’s a pretty dumb animal, mind you.” – Sophia Loren
6. “At the dressing table, every woman has a chance to be an artist, and art, as Aristotle said, “completes what nature left unfinished.” – Sophia Loren
7. “I think the quality of sexiness comes from within. It is something that is in you.” – Sophia Loren
8. “Beauty is no handicap if you don’t think about it.” – Sophia Loren
9. “When – Sophia Loren is naked, that is a lot of nakedness.” – Sophia Loren
10. “Being beautiful can never hurt, but you have to have more. You have to sparkle, you have to be fun, you have to make your brain work if you have one.” – Sophia Loren
11. “I think the quality of sexiness comes from within. It is something that is in you or it isn’t and it really doesn’t have much to do with breasts or thighs or the pout of your lips.” – Sophia Loren
12. “Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful.” – Sophia Loren
13. “Beauty is how you feel inside, and it reflects in your eyes. It is not something physical.” – Sophia Loren
14. “Sex appeal is 50 percent what you’ve got and 50 percent what people think you’ve got.” – Sophia Loren
Beautiful Sophia Loren quotes on love
15. “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
16. “Sex is like washing your face – just something you do because you have to. Sex without love is absolutely ridiculous. Sex follows love, it never precedes it.” – Sophia Loren
17. “The girl who swears no one has ever made love to her has a right to swear.” – Sophia Loren
18. “The fantasy of a man is the best weapon of a woman.” – Sophia Loren
19. “I still like me, inside and out. Not in a vain way – I just feel good in my skin.” – Sophia Loren
20. “True love comes along after adolescence when we have learned not to cry for nothing.” – Sophia Loren
21. “Hate is unfulfilled love.” – Sophia Loren
22. “There is no better love potion than a coffee. When a man drinks the coffee made by you he will become forever yours.” – Sophia Loren
Sophia Loren quotes about life and aging
23. “The two big advantages I had at birth were to have been born wise and to have been born in poverty.” – Sophia Loren
24. “Getting ahead in a difficult profession requires avid faith in yourself. That is why some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” – Sophia Loren
25. “You have to enjoy life. Always be surrounded by people that you like, people who have a nice conversation. There are so many positive things to think about.” – Sophia Loren
26. “I’ve never tried to block out the memories of the past, even though some are painful. I don’t understand people who hide from their past. Everything you live through helps to make you the person you are now.” – Sophia Loren
27. “It’s a mistake to think that once you’re done with school you need never learn anything new.” – Sophia Loren
28. “I always try to have a vacation.” – Sophia Loren
29. “After all these years, I am still involved in the process of self-discovery. It’s better to explore life and make mistakes than to play it safe. Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” – Sophia Loren
30. “It is a great advantage for a system of philosophy to be substantially true.” – Sophia Loren
31. “There’s no pleasure in working if you don’t do the things you want to do.” – Sophia Loren
32. “Every opportunity is a big opportunity.” – Sophia Loren
33. “I am against all war.” – Sophia Loren
34. “I do not have a set regimen of exercise. The only activity I really enjoy is swimming. And I love to walk for long distances.” – Sophia Loren
35. “For me, it is good to be vulnerable. It makes me nice… weak sometimes, but in a good way, not a tragic way.” – Sophia Loren
36. “I firmly believe we can make our own miracles if we believe strongly enough in ourselves and our mission on earth.” – Sophia Loren
37. “I was born wise. Street-wise, people-wise, self-wise. This wisdom was my birthright.” – Sophia Loren
38. “I know how to say ‘no’ in twelve languages. That’s enough for a woman.” – Sophia Loren
39. “You have to be born a sex symbol. You don’t become one. If you are born with it, you will have it even when you are 100 years old.” –Sophia Loren
40. “There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age.” – Sophia Loren
Sophia Loren quotes about food
41. ” I can cook, I can breathe, I can live!” – Sophia Loren
42. “Everything you see I owe to pasta.” – Sophia Loren
43. “Spaghetti can be eaten most successfully if you inhale it like a vacuum cleaner.” – Sophia Loren
44. “Food makes people happy, it takes you back home, it says so many things that words can’t say.” – Sophia Loren
45. “Good food is a celebration of life.” – Sophia Loren
Sophia Loren quotes about acting
46. “You cannot say, because I am from Naples so I like the mixture of drama and comedy all together.” – Sophia Loren
47. “I was not interested in what I could bring to myself by being an actress, but in what I could bring out of myself.” – Sophia Loren
48. “I’m an actress. It’s my passion.” – Sophia Loren
49. “I’m sick when I don’t work for year or two.” – Sophia Loren
50. “When the lights went down and I was alone with Rita or Linda or Tyrone, I was suffused with the feeling that that’s what I was put on earth to do, to act, to express myself, to let out whatever feelings I had inside.” – Sophia Loren
What do you think defines beauty?
Sophia Loren was born Sofia Scicolone but changed her name to Sofia Lazzaro when she first began making movies because people joked that her beauty was so great that she could raise Lazarus from the dead.
Later she changed it again to Sophia Loren to appeal to a broader, more international audience.
Loren is considered to be one of the most beautiful women to ever appear on the silver screen.
But, to her, beauty is much more than looks.
For decades, Loren has preached that anyone can be beautiful if you have a beautiful soul.
Did you enjoy these Sophia Loren quotes and sayings?
Which quote was your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.