These Fifty Shades of Grey quotes include some from both the movie and the book and focus on the funny ones that made us laugh, the ones that turned us on, and those that showed changes in the pair’s relationship.
You may also enjoy our article on:
In 2011, a new erotic romance novel, Fifty Shades of Grey, written by E.L James, took the world by storm, especially the female population.
The book, which follows the relationship between a shy college graduate, Anastasia Steele, and the enigmatic billionaire, Christian Grey, became a best seller quickly.
It ended up being the first in the series, and in 2015 the movie premiered, starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan.
The book caused quite a stir because the scenes were explicit (as are some of the Fifty Shades of Grey quotes below), and featured elements of BDSM sexual practices.
Despite the book’s success (it set a record in the UK), the response from critics was mostly negative.
Critics took exception with the quality of E. L James’ writing style, and some others in the BDSM community didn’t like the way the lifestyle was portrayed.
The same held true for the movie, which killed it at the box office, but received unfavorable reviews.
Keep reading through these Fifty Shades of Grey quotes to learn more about the unconventional love story.
Don’t forget to also check out these Anne of Green Gables quotes from the iconic coming of age novel.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
50 Shades of Grey quotes that are so funny you can’t help but laugh
1. “You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.” ― E. L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
2. “Don’t get your panties in such a twist… and give me back mine.” ― E. L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
3. “We aim to please Miss Steele.” ― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
4. “I’ve kissed a prince, Mom. I hope it doesn’t turn into a frog.” ― E. L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
5. “Oh, fuck the paperwork.” ― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
6. “I don’t make love. I fuck hard.” ― Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
7.. “I’d like to fuck you into the middle of next week.” ― Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
8. “I have rules. If you follow them, I’ll reward you. If you don’t, I’ll punish you.” ― Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
9. “I don’t do romance.” ― Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
10. “Uh, how about we try a few with a smile? [takes photo] Or not.” ― Jose
11. “I’m just trying to get through finals right now.” ― Anastasia Steele
Fifty Shades of Grey quotes from the movie filled with innuendos and double entendres
12. Anastasia Steele: “Do you have any interests outside of work?”
Christian Grey: “I enjoy various physical pursuits.”
13. Christian Grey: “The key to my success has been in identifying talented individuals and harnessing their efforts.”
Anastasia Steele: “So you’re a control freak?”
Christian Grey: “Oh, I exercise control in all things, Miss Steele.”
14. Anastasia Steele: “What would I get out of all this?”
Christian Grey: “Me.”
15. Christian Grey: “You’re flushed.”
Anastasia Steele: “That could just be the wine.”
16. Anastasia Steele: “I don’t think I’d fit in here. Look at me.”
Christian Grey: “I am.”
17. Christian Grey: “You’re energetic this morning.”
Anastasia Steele: “You hungry?”
Christian Grey: “Very.”
18. Christian Grey: “It means that I want you to willingly surrender yourself to me.”
Anastasia Steele: “Why would I do that?”
19. “Sometimes I wonder if there’s something wrong with me. Perhaps I’ve spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.” ― E. L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey quotes that leave nothing to the imagination and are explicitly clear
20. Anastasia Steele: “I have to get ready for work. We just kissed. Once.”
Kavanagh: “Only once? That’s odd.”
Anastasia Steele: “Odd doesn’t even cover it.”
21. Anastasia Steele: “I don’t know. Books? Okay… rope, tape, cable ties. You’re the complete serial killer.”
Christian Grey: “Not today.”
22. Mr. Grey: “It’s nice to meet you. There’s been a lot of speculation!”
Mia Grey: “Oh my god! You exist!”
23. Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey: “But he never sleeps in. Certainly not at this hour. Unless, of course, he’s ill. Is he? [Christian appears] Ah!”
Jason Taylor: “Sorry, Mr. Grey.”
Christian Grey: “It’s fine. I know how she can be.”
Dr. Grace Trevelyan Grey: “She? If you’re trying to avoid me, the very least you can do is call me by my correct name, which is mom.”
24. “I’d like to bite that lip.” ― Christian Grey (Jamie Dornan)
25. Christian Grey: Because I’m fifty shades of f***ed up, Anastasia.
Anastasia Steele: Don’t f***ing touch me!
Which of these Fifty Shades of Grey quotes is your favorite?
Ana first meets Christian when she agrees to take her friend’s place in an interview with Christian.
Ana is a college senior, who is majoring in English Literature, and her friend Kate Kavanagh writes for the paper.
The interview is awkward, and she asks a list of questions prepared by Kate.
Christian is intrigued, but Ana felt that Christian was intimidating, and left believing she had blown the interview for her friend.
She leaves, thinking she won’t see him ever again but is shocked when he comes to the hardware store she works at.
That is where all those quotes about rope, cable ties, and masking tape come from!
Ana convinces Christian to agree to a photoshoot for Kate’s article, and the pair banter back and forth.
She learns that he is single, but tells her he is not a romantic person.
Ana thinks she is too plain for someone like him but is shocked when she gets a gift from him.
Then one night, she accidentally drunk dials him, and he comes to pick her up.
She wakes up in his hotel room to a lecture about how she isn’t taking care of herself.
He also says he is interested in a sexual relationship with her, but not until she signs the “paperwork.”
They end up making out in the elevator, and Christian introduces her to his BDSM lifestyle.
The question for most of the plot is will she sign the contract (filled with some very detailed rules), or will Christian find himself falling in love with her despite himself?
I won’t spoil it in case you haven’t seen it or read the book!
Did you enjoy reading these Fifty Shades of Grey quotes and lines?
What did you think of the movie?
Let us know in the comment section below!