Stephen Hawking was a truly brilliant man.
He excelled in the fields of science, math, and astrology.
At a young age, he quickly exceeded his peers in the scientific community.
He started presenting new information and theories regarding how the world works.
It was obvious to everyone that Hawking was a genius that was destined to change the world.
However, Stephen Hawking experienced a serious setback.
He was diagnosed with ALS when he was only 21.
ALS, commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease is a horrible condition that slowly disables a person.
The doctors predicted that Hawking would be dead in two years.
As you would expect, Hawking was depressed by this diagnosis and decided to give up his studies.
However, he eventually snapped out of it and was determined to keep going.
Stephen Hawking has published numerous books.
His most famous book is ‘A Brief History of Time‘, which broke records on the UK best-selling lists.
Hawking’s writings have influenced millions and have made him one of the most important science writers of all time.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Looking for inspirational and thought-provoking Stephen Hawking quotes?
Stephen Hawking has overcome many limitations in his life.
He’s a genius that changed the world.
Everyone can learn something from these Stephen Hawking quotes.
The best Stephen Hawking quotes about life, love, and space
1. “We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.” – Stephen Hawking
2. “It surprises me how disinterested we are today about things like physics, space, the universe and philosophy of our existence, our purpose, our final destination. It’s a crazy world out there. Be curious.” – Stephen Hawking
3. “Quiet people have the loudest minds.” – Stephen Hawking
4. “Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.” – Stephen Hawking
5. “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.” – Stephen Hawking
6. “I think computer viruses should count as life…I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We’ve created life in our own image.” – Stephen Hawking
7. “Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.” – Stephen Hawking
8. “The downside of my celebrity is that I cannot go anywhere in the world without being recognized. It is not enough for me to wear dark sunglasses and a wig. The wheelchair gives me away.” – Stephen Hawking
9. “One of the basic rules of the universe is that nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn’t exist…Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.” – Stephen Hawking
10. “I don’t think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unless we spread into space.” – Stephen Hawking
Incredible Stephen Hawking quotes about the universe
11. “So Einstein was wrong when he said, ‘God does not play dice.’ Consideration of black holes suggests, not only that God does play dice, but that he sometimes confuses us by throwing them where they can’t be seen.” – Stephen Hawking
12. “You cannot understand the glories of the universe without believing there is some Supreme Power behind it.” – Stephen Hawking
13. “To confine our attention to terrestrial matters would be to limit the human spirit.” – Stephen Hawking
14. “It matters if you just don’t give up.” – Stephen Hawking
15. “Government works best under the glare of public scrutiny. Absent such scrutiny, abuses occur.” – Stephen Hawking
16. “Time and space are finite in extent, but they don’t have any boundary or edge. They would be like the surface of the earth, but with two more dimensions.” – Stephen Hawking
17. “One is always a long way from solving a problem until one actually has the answer.” – Stephen Hawking
18. “It is not clear that intelligence has any long-term survival value.” – Stephen Hawking
19. “We each exist for but a short time, and in that time explore but a small part of the whole universe.” – Stephen Hawking
20. “Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge.” – Stephen Hawking
More memorable Stephen Hawking quotes and sayings
21. “The universe does not behave according to our pre-conceived ideas. It continues to surprise us.” – Stephen Hawking
22. “If the government is covering up knowledge of aliens, they are doing a better job of it than they do at anything else.” – Stephen Hawking
23. “People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.” – Stephen Hawking
24. “Mankind’s greatest achievements have come about by talking and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn’t have to be like this.” – Stephen Hawking
25. “It’s the gravity that shapes the large scale structure of the universe, even though it is the weakest of four categories of forces.” – Stephen Hawking
How did these Stephen Hawking quotes inspire you?
Stephen Hawking was extremely determined to keep going despite his illness.
He emphasized that he wanted to be treated like everyone else and did not want any special treatment.
Despite his death in March, 2018, his teachings and vision continue to inspire millions today.
Through his findings in science, he has stirred the hearts of future leaders, innovators, and scientists.
Hopefully, these Stephen Hawking quotes will motivate you to always look up at the stars and pursue your passion.
August 10, 2022 5:00 AM EST