If you like to race or just like admiring cool classic cars, you will love these hot rod quotes!
Hot Rods are a term used to describe cars modified to go faster, to look cooler, to sound louder, or any combination of the three.
Although hot rods are typically classic American cars that have been modified, there is no hard rule on the car’s make, model, or year to classify as a hot rod.
Before hot rods were a thing, the main cars that were “souped” up were bootleggers’ cars that were used to transport alcohol while avoiding revenue agents and other law enforcement.
Hot Rods started in the late 1930s in California, where people would modify cars to race across dry lake beds.
Today Hot Rods are prevalent at race tracks as well as the many car shows around the nation.
Enjoy the hot rod quotes below, and you will be inspired to go get one of your own!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of car quotes for the person with a car addiction.
Hot rod quotes for the hot rod enthusiast
If you love hot rods and going fast, look no further than the quotes below.
1. “Cars bring me sheer joy.” — Evan Spiegel
2. “Fast cars are my only vice.” — Michael Bay
3. “The cars we drive say a lot about us.” — Alexandra Paul
4. “I love fast cars… and to go too fast in them.” — Lara Flynn Boyle
5. “A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments.” — Mario Andretti
6. “I love vintage cars because you can do so much more to them.” — T-Pain
7. “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.” — Colin McRae
8. “It’s a never-ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself.” — Dale Earnhardt
9. “They say you only go around once, but with a muscle car, you can go around two or three times.” — Tim Allen
10. “Guns are like cars: you can trust a good used one better than one that’s brand new.” — Haruki Murakami
Hot rod quotes about the love of cars
We all love our cars and that they represent freedom and individuality, as seen in the quotes below.
11. “A man’s car is like an extension of their ego and their manhood.” — Shakira
12. “I think all males from Detroit have an obsession with cars.” — Dax Shepard
13. “I love everything from old-school cars to whatever the latest muscle or luxury vehicles are.” — Ludacris
14. “Give a man a car of his own and he leaves humility and common sense behind him in the garage.” — John Le Carré
15. “But to personally satisfy my own adrenaline needs, I’ve been racing cars a little bit, which has been fun.” — Picabo Street
16. “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up.” — Florence Griffith Joyner
17. “I am a huge comic book fan, and I love everything vintage: cars, movies, music, art, and style — especially the 1950s style.” — Mateus Ward
18. “Street rods have a Chevy in front and a can of wax in the back; Hot Rods have a flathead in front and a box of tools in the back.” — Fred Offenhauser
19. “Cars are the ultimate symbol of freedom, independence and individualism. They offer the freedom to “go anywhere,” whenever it suits and with whom one chooses.” — Sarah Redshaw
20. “I grew up around people who loved cars and took care of cars and my dad’s a big car nut, so I learned a little bit about cars – how to love them, most importantly. I think that from the time I could remember, I’ve always envisioned myself in a vintage muscle car.” — Amber Heard
Hot rods aren’t just cars, they are part of us
Hot Rods have been and are still so popular because of what they mean to us.
Hot Rods can be customized to represent our individuality and allow us to belong to a large group of people that also love cars.
Please share with your family and friends so they can enjoy the Hot Rod quotes and sayings.
Post any comments in the comment section below.