If you can’t get enough of cars, from owning them to looking at them, these car quotes are for you.
For some people, a car is simply a means of transportation.
It’s a way to move from one place to another faster than you could on a foot or a bike or a horse.
However, there are also people who can’t get enough of cars.
They want to look at them, study them, talk about them and own as many as they can.
There might be a favorite model that they love or they may like them all.
If that describes you, you’re sure to enjoy these car quotes. Keep reading!
Don’t forget to also check out these motorcycle quotes that will make you want to hit the open road.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational Car Quotes About Personality and Identity
1. “The cars we drive say a lot about us.” – Alexandra Paul
2. “When it comes to cars, only two varieties of people are possible – cowards and fools.” – Russell Baker
3. “Fast cars are my only vice.” – Michael Bay
4. “I’ve always been into cars. Cars are part of our genetic makeup. It’s unavoidable.” – Matthew Fox
5. “I thought cars were essential ingredients of life itself.” – Edward Herrmann
6. “When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife.” – Prince Philip
7. “Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?” – George Carlin
8. “Cars are the reason we, you know, people live or die.” – Steven Curtis Chapman
9. “All human males were as fascinated with cars as they were with breasts.” – Anita Clenney
10. “There’s three things men always talk about – women, sports, and cars.” – Mario Lopez
11. “The way I drive, the way I handle a car, is an expression of my inner feelings.” – Lewis Hamilton
12. “Shoes make an outfit; they’re like rims for a car.” – Omari Hardwick
13. “One person’s car is another person’s scenery.” – Jonathan I’ve
14. “Automobiles have always been part of my life, and I’m sure they always will be. What is it about them that moves me? The sound of a great engine, the unity and uniqueness of an automobile’s engineering and coachwork, the history of the company and the car, and, of course, the sheer beauty of the thing.” – Edward Herrmann
15. “I’m a crazy car guy. I’ve got an airplane hangar full of cars.” – Paul Walker
16. “I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car’s headlights and tell you exactly which way it’s coming.” – Mitch Hedberg
You might also like these truck quotes that are bound to inspire truck drivers.
Car Quotes About Advancement and Discoveries
17. “Self-driving cars are the natural extension of active safety and obviously something we should do.” – Elon Musk
18. “I love vintage cars because you can do so much more to them.” – T-Pain
19. “Electric cars are not going to take the market by storm, but it’s going to be a gradual improvement.” – Carlos Ghosn
20. “Electric cars aren’t pollution-free; they have to get their energy from somewhere.” – Alexandra Paul
21. “Generally, cars were not built to sit on dealer lots. It encourages the wrong kind of behavior in the whole system.” – Rick Wagoner
22. “I couldn’t find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself.” – Ferdinand Porsche
23. “Flying cars are not a very efficient way to move things from one point to another.” – Bill Gates
24. “I’ve always been asked, ‘What is my favorite car?’ and I’ve always said ‘The next one.’” – Carroll Shelby
25. “We at BMW do not build cars as consumer objects, just to drive from A to B. We build mobile works of art.” – Chris Bangle
26. “I really do encourage other manufacturers to bring electric cars to market. It’s a good thing, and they need to bring it to market and keep iterating and improving and make better and better electric cars, and that’s what going to result in humanity achieving a sustainable transport future. I wish it was growing faster than it is.” – Elon Musk
Car Quotes About Racing and Competition
27. “A racing car is an animal with a thousand adjustments.” – Mario Andretti
28. “Race cars, no matter what size or shape they are, they do the same things. It is not complicated.” – Tony Stewart
29. “Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers.” – Colin McRae
30. “Race cars are neither beautiful nor ugly. They become beautiful when they win.” – Enzo Ferrari
31. “If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough.” – Parnelli Jones
32. “Fast cars like Porsches and Ferraris – they are things of beauty.” – Rod Stewart
33. “I love fast cars… and to go too fast in them.” – Lara Flynn Boyle
34. “You’re safer in the race car than you are in cars going to and from the track.” – Mario Andretti
Car Quotes About Happiness and Emotions
35. “Cars bring me sheer joy.” – Evan Spiegel
36. “You can know or not know how a car runs and still enjoy riding in a car.” – David Byrne
37. “I am emotional about engines, if you hurt my car, you hurt my heart.” – Amit Kalantri
38. “Money may not buy happiness, but I’d rather cry in a Jaguar than on a bus.” – Françoise Sagan
39. “A dream without ambition is like a car without gas… you’re not going anywhere.” – Sean Hampton
40. “There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window.” – Dan Brown
41. “Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car.” – E. B. White
Car Quotes About Human and Society
42. “There’s no way we could take cars off the planet and not have our society fall apart. So they’re a necessary evil, in that sense.” – Lindsay Wagner
43. “All of those cars were once just a dream in somebody’s head.” – Peter Gabriel
44. “The car has become the carapace, the protective and aggressive shell, of urban and suburban man.” – Marshall McLuhan
45. “The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.” – Dudley Moore
46. “A new car is not going to change your life.” – Monica Ali
47. “Consumers do not want a perceived cheap car; they want a car to flaunt. A car is as much about status and identity as it is about transport.” – Jens Martin Skibsted
48. “If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” – Earl Wilson
49. “It’s like driving your car. If you drive too fast on the highway, you will topple, so you better maintain your speed. Life is similar to that, and that’s the way you have to control your head.” – A. R. Rahman
50. “When you have a great car, you want people to see the car.” – Andris Nelsons
More Car Quotes and Sayings
51. “We aren’t addicted to oil, but our cars are.” – James Woolsey
52. “Older cars tend to drive like older cars. That is not for me.” – Robert Herjavec
53. “Modern cars I don’t like so much.” – Amber Heard
54. “A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life.” – Jaime Lerner
55. “There’s nothing wrong with the car except that it’s on fire.” – Murray Walker
56. “The ideal racecar will expire 100 yards past the finish line.” – Stirling Moss
57. “The racing driver needs to be fed a diet of other racing drivers.” – Carroll Smith
58. “Racing … it’s life. Everything that comes before or after is just waiting.” – Michael Delaney
59. “Cars mean nothing to me. I’m not a car guy.” – Penn Jillettecar
60. “A city that outdistances man’s walking powers is a trap for man.” – Arnold Toynbee
Exciting Car Quotes and Sayings
61. “You can’t make a racehorse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig.” – Bob Akin
62. “If a part can be installed incorrectly, it will be.” – Murphy’s Law
63. “A car is like a mother-in-law – if you let it, it will rule your life.” – Jaime Lernercar
64. “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” – Albert Einstein
65. “A fast car can make women ‘like’ a man; and a man ‘like’ women … fast.” – Mokokoma
66. “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up.” – Florence Griffith
67. “I love the wheels, I mean steering wheel.” – Amit Kalantri
68. “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.” – Erma Bombeck
69. “Cars are the sculptures of our everyday lives.” – Chris Bangle
70. “If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?” – Steven Wright
Hilarious Car Quotes And Captions
71. “When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough.” — Ayrton Senna
72. “I don’t buy fur coats or jewelry. I have old cars.” ― Peta Wilson
73. “In your life, always be like a driver who runs the car not just a car. “ — Santosh Kalwar
74. “Take care of your car in the garage, and the car will take care of you on the road.”
― Amit Kalantri
75. “The way I drive and handle a car is an expression of my inner feelings.” — Lewis Hamilton
76. “Nothing ages your car as much as the sight of your neighbor’s new one.” — EVAN ESAR
77. “The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive.” — Sir Alec Issigonis
78. “I am so obsessed with the cars that sometimes I feel like my heart is not a muscle, it’s an engine.” — Amit
79. “If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow.” — Ross Bentley
80. “You’ll always remember your first car and the memories that come with it – that sense of adventure!” — Paddy McGuinness
What did you learn from these car quotes?
The first car was invented back in 1886 and they haven’t stopped changing and adapting from that moment on.
Car companies learned how to get faster at making them so they could produce them for less money and for more people.
They moved from all looking pretty much the same to having very different appearances.
We can now choose from vintage cars, used cars, or new ones.
There are cars, trucks, vans, and SUVs. And we can choose to make them any color that we want.
You may have a bigger appreciation for vintage cars or the old muscle cars or you may love to see what the new adaptions are coming out each year.
Whatever side you fall on, there’s something about a love for cars that can bond people together.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these car quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.
November 25, 2022 5:00 AM EST