These phoenix quotes about downfalls and rising up again that will motivate you to rise up again.
The ancient Greek world regards the phoenix as a magical bird that lives long, dies into flames, and is born again. The creature’s story has transcended through time which explains why there are many motivational Phoenix quotes today about rising up again after a setback.
The phoenix is described as a huge bird that has a resemblance to the eagle. Its features are colored with shades of red, yellow, and purple, which gives an overall closeness to the striking colors of fire and the sun.
It is said to exude a beautiful pair of sapphire eyes and has the ability to form its own nest, clap its wings as a signal of its death, and burn to become ashes. The phoenix’s spectacular ability to start a new life after bursting into flames is a symbol many people find relevant today. Enjoy these Phoenix quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to also check out these bird quotes for when you want to spread your wings and fly.
Inspirational Phoenix quotes and sayings
1. “No matter how many times we burst into flames, we can always rise from the ashes.” – Anonymous
2. “Sometimes you have to burn yourself to the ground before you can rise like a phoenix from the ashes.” – Jens Lekman
3. “The wild woman rises like a phoenix from the ashes of her life, to become the heroine of her own legend.” – Shikoba
4. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
5. “And when all that was left was ashes, she would again clothe herself in flame. Rising from the dust of her past to rekindle the spark of her future. She was a Phoenix, her own salvation; rebirthed, renewed, resurrected.” – LaRhonda Toreson
6. “Whether we remain the ash or become the Phoenix is up to us.” – Ming-Dao Deng
7. “Only the phoenix rises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.” – Neil Gaiman
8. “Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.” – Gerard Way
9. “Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.” – Anonymous
Phoenix Quotes About Facing Problems in Life
10. “Like a phoenix from the ashes, they may defeat you, burn you, insult you, injure you, and abandon you. But they will not, shall not, and cannot destroy you. For you, like Rome, were built on ashes, and you, like a phoenix, know how to resurrect.” – Nikita Gill
11. “It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.” – Anne Baxter
12. “Suffering can lead to transformation. And redemption. And marvelous mystery.” – Dr. Allen Hunt
13. “Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.” – Cassandre Clare
14. “I’ve died a thousand deaths, each time reinventing myself brighter, stronger, and purer than before. From the midst of destruction, I became the creator of myself. From the midst of darkness, I became my own source of light.” — Cristen Rodgers
15. “Here in this suffering, all previous beliefs are called into question. They are consumed in the fire sparked and fueled by our own illusion. The pain becomes the ashes we are now entombed in. It is only when we find ourselves at this most imprisoned of junctures that we emerge again, the phoenix of our very life which is ever so much more beautiful than the last one.” — TEAL
16. “Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.” — Karen Salmansohn
17. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
18. “In order to rise / From its own ashes / A phoenix / First / Must / Burn.” — Octavia E. Butler
19. “I no longer feared the darkness once I knew the phoenix in me would rise from the ashes.” — William C. Hannan
Motivational Phoenix quotes to help you become better
20. “The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune’s spite; revive from ashes and rise.” – Miguel de Cervantes
21. “From the ashes, a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
22. “Don’t hoard the past. Don’t cherish anything. Burn it. The artist is the phoenix who burns to emerge.” – Janet Fitch
23. “If there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Phoenix.” – Hunter S. Thompson
24. “Once you’ve had your life burn down, it takes time to be a Phoenix.” – Sharon Stone
25. “The phoenix. The gentlest and most wonderful of its kind. Mesmerizing beauty and brilliant colour. Its cry synonymous to a lovely song. But comes time, consumes itself in its own magnificent flame. And from its own ashes, will rise and reborn anew.” – Kahit Minsan
26. “A heart filled with love is like a phoenix that no cage can imprison.” — Rumi
27. “And just as the Phoenix rose from the ashes, she too will rise. Returning from the flames, clothed in nothing but her strength, more beautiful than ever before.” — Shannen Heartz
Phoenix Quotes on Burning Passion
28. “Our passions are the true phoenixes; when the old one is burnt out, a new one rises from its ashes.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
29. “You may kill a fire. And everything you know falls to dust and ash. Yet the remarkable treasure in this seemingly hopeless pile is hidden deep within. The burning embers incarnate the perpetual desire to go from spark to flame.” – Akilnathan Logeswaran
30. “Our passion ignites us. Rapture spawns the inferno in which we perish, entwined. From smoldering coals we are formed and, from our ashes, we rise. Discovered in the aftermath, our memory, our birth scars; third-degree madness. Identical imperfections. Forever branded.” – Lennon Hodson
31. “And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rises above its own ashes.” – Khalil Gibran
32. “Hope rises like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams.” – S. A. Sachs
33. “And God help you if you are a phoenix, and you dare to rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just flying past.” – Ani DiFranco
34. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – Charles Bukowski
35. “The phoenix must burn to emerge.” – Janet Fitch
36. “In order to rise from its own ashes, a phoenix first must burn.” – Octavia Butler
More Phoenix quotes and sayings
37. Up then, fair phoenix bride, frustrate the sun; Thyself from thine affection Takest warmth enough, and from thine eye All lesser birds will take their jollity. Up, up, fair bride, and call Thy stars from out their several boxes, take Thy rubies, pearls, and diamonds forth, and make Thyself a constellation of them all; And by their blazing signify That a great princess falls, but doth not die. Be thou a new star, that to us portends Ends of much wonder, and be thou those ends.” – John Donne
38. “Nor shall this peace sleep with her; but as when the bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix, Her ashes new create another heir As great in admiration as herself.” – William Shakespeare
39. “One day soon you will meet a man, and he will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, and it is my greatest hope that he will not give you syphilis.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
40. “Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?” “…I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.” “Well reasoned.” – J. K. Rowling
41. “We are like the phoenix,” said Abuelita. “Rising again, with a new life ahead of us.” – Pam Muñoz Ryan
42. “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” — Haruki Murakami
43. “This crazy little party girl who loves to enjoy life actually has a purpose. So, that’s really the core of why I’ve survived so many years and I can go and I can fall down and I can get back up. Why? Because I know why I’m here. That’s the question that a lot of people need to answer when they do fall is, ‘Why am I here?’ If you can answer that question, you’ll be able to dust yourself off and shine like a phoenix out of ashes.” – Michelle Rodriguez
44. “She told me she’d be a phoenix.” The image of the mythical creature rising from the ashes glitters in my mind. “They don’t really exist.” “She said that depends on whether or not there’s someone who can see them.” – Jodi Picoult
45. “How can you rise, if you have not burned.” ― Hiba Fatima Ahmad
What did you learn from these Phoenix quotes and sayings?
The story of the phoenix gives inspiration to many who are facing difficulties in life. It is true that there is good in every downside. That each time we face something that challenges us, we emerge stronger and better.
Let this be a reminder that although we are not magical and powerful like the story of the phoenix, humans still have the opportunity to become renewed after each fall.
We have to remember that to be great, we have to go through a series of tests in life that shall hone and mold us to be the person we are destined to be—like a phoenix who is reborn out of ashes.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Phoenix quotes and sayings? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 13, 2021 7:00 AM EST