These phoenix quotes about downfalls and rising up again that will motivate you to rise up again.
The ancient Greek world regards the phoenix as a magical bird that lives long, dies into flames, and is born again.
The creature’s story has transcended through time which explains why there are many motivational Phoenix quotes today about rising up again after a setback.
You may also enjoy our article on:
The phoenix is described as a huge bird that has a resemblance to the eagle.
Its features are colored with shades of red, yellow, and purple, which gives an overall closeness to the striking colors of fire and the sun.
It is said to exude a beautiful pair of sapphire eyes and has the ability to form its own nest, clap its wings as a signal of its death, and burn to become ashes.
The phoenix’s spectacular ability to start a new life after bursting into flames is a symbol many people find relevant today.
Enjoy these Phoenix quotes and sayings!
Don’t forget to also check out these bird quotes for when you want to spread your wings and fly.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Read more related content on our inspirational quotes category page.
Inspirational Phoenix quotes and sayings
1. “Suffering can lead to transformation. And redemption. And marvelous mystery.” – Dr. Allen Hunt
You will also enjoy our article on tattoo quotes.
2. “Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.” – Cassandre Clare
You will also enjoy our article on Kahlil Gibran quotes.
3. “Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.” — Karen Salmansohn
4. “In order to rise / From its own ashes / A phoenix / First / Must / Burn.” — Octavia E. Butler
5. “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
6. “Whether we remain the ash or become the Phoenix is up to us.” – Ming-Dao Deng
7. “From the ashes, a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
8. “Once you’ve had your life burn down, it takes time to be a Phoenix.” – Sharon Stone
9. “A heart filled with love is like a phoenix that no cage can imprison.” — Rumi
10. “The phoenix must burn to emerge.” – Janet Fitch
You will also enjoy our article on blue quotes.
Phoenix Quotes About Facing Problems in Life
11. “It’s best to have failure happen early in life. It wakes up the Phoenix bird in you so you rise from the ashes.” – Anne Baxter
12. “No matter how many times we burst into flames, we can always rise from the ashes.” – Anonymous
13. “Sometimes you have to burn yourself to the ground before you can rise like a phoenix from the ashes.” – Jens Lekman
14. “I’ve died a thousand deaths, each time reinventing myself brighter, stronger, and purer than before. From the midst of destruction, I became the creator of myself. From the midst of darkness, I became my own source of light.” — Cristen Rodgers
15. “Here in this suffering, all previous beliefs are called into question. They are consumed in the fire sparked and fueled by our own illusion. The pain becomes the ashes we are now entombed in. It is only when we find ourselves at this most imprisoned of junctures that we emerge again, the phoenix of our very life which is ever so much more beautiful than the last one.” — TEAL
16. “The wild woman rises like a phoenix from the ashes of her life, to become the heroine of her own legend.” – Shikoba
17. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
18. “And when all that was left was ashes, she would again clothe herself in flame. Rising from the dust of her past to rekindle the spark of her future. She was a Phoenix, her own salvation; rebirthed, renewed, resurrected.” – LaRhonda Toreson
19. “I no longer feared the darkness once I knew the phoenix in me would rise from the ashes.” — William C. Hannan
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of rise above quotes to prove how fierce you are.
Motivational Phoenix quotes to help you become better
20. “The phoenix hope, can wing her way through the desert skies, and still defying fortune’s spite; revive from ashes and rise.” – Miguel de Cervantes
21. “Only the phoenix rises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.” – Neil Gaiman
22. “Don’t hoard the past. Don’t cherish anything. Burn it. The artist is the phoenix who burns to emerge.” – Janet Fitch
23. “If there is in fact, a heaven and a hell, all we know for sure is that hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Phoenix.” – Hunter S. Thompson
24. “Sometimes you have to kind of die inside in order to rise from your own ashes and believe in yourself and love yourself to become a new person.” – Gerard Way
25. “The phoenix. The gentlest and most wonderful of its kind. Mesmerizing beauty and brilliant colour. Its cry synonymous to a lovely song. But comes time, consumes itself in its own magnificent flame. And from its own ashes, will rise and reborn anew.” – Kahit Minsan
26. “Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of you.” – Anonymous
27. “And just as the Phoenix rose from the ashes, she too will rise. Returning from the flames, clothed in nothing but her strength, more beautiful than ever before.” — Shannen Heartz
Phoenix Quotes on Burning Passion
28. “Our passions are the true phoenixes; when the old one is burnt out, a new one rises from its ashes.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
29. “You may kill a fire. And everything you know falls to dust and ash. Yet the remarkable treasure in this seemingly hopeless pile is hidden deep within. The burning embers incarnate the perpetual desire to go from spark to flame.” – Akilnathan Logeswaran
30. “Our passion ignites us. Rapture spawns the inferno in which we perish, entwined. From smoldering coals we are formed and, from our ashes, we rise. Discovered in the aftermath, our memory, our birth scars; third-degree madness. Identical imperfections. Forever branded.” – Lennon Hodson
31. “And let it direct your passion with reason, that your passion may live through its own daily resurrection, and like the phoenix rises above its own ashes.” – Khalil Gibran
32. “Hope rises like a phoenix from the ashes of shattered dreams.” – S. A. Sachs
33. “I will rise like a phoenix from the ashes of the bridges I burned.” – Z. Elliott
34. “What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – Charles Bukowski
35. “Like a phoenix from the ashes, they may defeat you, burn you, insult you, injure you, and abandon you. But they will not, shall not, and cannot destroy you. For you, like Rome, were built on ashes, and you, like a phoenix, know how to resurrect.” – Nikita Gill
36. “An outlaw gulch, a haven for draft resisters, struggling artists, and drug addicts…..a camp for semi-demented adults…. Venice is like the legendary Phoenix – it always seems to rise again from the ashes.” ― Sara Davidson
Phoenix quotes to help you get back to life
37. “The Phoenix: In times of doubt and confusion, it symbolizes strength, transformation and renewal. For only from the ashes of who we were, can we rise up to become who we’re to be.” – Unknown
38. “Nor shall this peace sleep with her; but as when the bird of wonder dies, the maiden phoenix, Her ashes new create another heir As great in admiration as herself.” – William Shakespeare
39. “One day soon you will meet a man, and he will rise like a phoenix from the ashes, and it is my greatest hope that he will not give you syphilis.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
40. “Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?” “…I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.” “Well reasoned.” – J. K. Rowling
41. “We are like the phoenix,” said Abuelita. “Rising again, with a new life ahead of us.” – Pam Muñoz Ryan
42. “My heart is a phoenix bird. It will rise from its own ashes.” – Unknown
43. “This crazy little party girl who loves to enjoy life actually has a purpose. So, that’s really the core of why I’ve survived so many years and I can go and I can fall down and I can get back up. Why? Because I know why I’m here. That’s the question that a lot of people need to answer when they do fall is, ‘Why am I here?’ If you can answer that question, you’ll be able to dust yourself off and shine like a phoenix out of ashes.” – Michelle Rodriguez
44. “She told me she’d be a phoenix.” The image of the mythical creature rising from the ashes glitters in my mind. “They don’t really exist.” “She said that depends on whether or not there’s someone who can see them.” – Jodi Picoult
45. “How can you rise, if you have not burned.” ― Hiba Fatima Ahmad
More Phoenix quotes and sayings
46. “I can feel a phoenix inside of me. I can see the heavens, but I still hear the flames calling out my name.” – Katy Perry
47. “Like the Phoenix, I have risen from the ashes. And into my fire, you shall fall.” – Shredder
48. “You will burn, and you will burn out; you will be healed and come back again.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
49. “Fascinating creatures, phoenixes. They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears have healing powers.” – J. K. Rowling
50. “But from the ashes of old humanity, new humanity shall arise like the phoenix.” – Joe Dixon
51. “And glory, like the phoenix midst her fires, exhales her odors, blazes, and expires.” – Lord Byron
52. “Dead news like dead love has no phoenix in its ashes.” – Enid Bagnold
53. “Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high, Still I’ll rise.” — Maya Angelou
54. “Madness is a regenerating thing. Like a phoenix, when one strand dies, another burns anew.” – Chris Galford
55. “We are more than the worst thing that’s ever happened to us. All of us need to stop apologizing for having been to hell and come back breathing.” — Clementine von Radics, Broken
Phoenix Quotes to inspire you to rise again
56. “As long as there is life, there is a potential; and as long as there is a potential, there will be a success! You will sprout again when cut down! You will rise again even when you fall!” – Israelmore Ayivor
57. “Your fears will appear smaller and smaller as you rise above them.” – Carol ‘CC’ Miller
58. “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.” – Nelson Mandela
59. “Everything negative – pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity to rise.” – Kobe Byrant
60. “Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!” – Pat Riley
61. “I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive. I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise. To fly.” – Nicki Minaj
62. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran
63. “Don’t be afraid to speak up for yourself. Keep fighting for your dreams!” – Gabby Douglas
64. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it, the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” – Arianna Huffington
65. “If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
Phoenix Quotes About Rising Up Again
66. “My tattoo is a phoenix. I got the first when I was 16. I hid it for years.” — Ashley Scott
67. “I knew a phoenix in my youth, so let them have their day.” — William Butler Yeats
68. “My mom was a phoenix who always expected to rise again from the ashes of her latest disaster… She loved being Judy Garland.” — Lorna Luft
69. “The Phoenix riddle hath more wit By us, we two being one, are it. So to one neutral thing both sexes fit, We die and rise the same, and prove Mysterious by this love.” — John Donne
70. “It may be said of happy marriages as of the phoenix – there is but one a century.” — Elisabeth Charlotte d’Orleans
71. “The Phoenix Program is a must reading for all.” — Ralph McGehee
72. “I know a lot of people in Phoenix, so I’ve had some great nights there. It’s always hot, too, so it’s just nice to be outside in the evening.” — Greg Rutherford
73. “Jean Grey, the Phoenix… she finds a way to reincarnate herself constantly, so one never knows.” — Famke Janssen
74. “The Phoenix Project is a must read for business and IT executives struggling with the growing complexity of IT.” — Jim Whitehurst
75. “Phoenix; The classical prototype of the modern ‘small hot bird.’” — Ambrose Bierce
Phoenix Quotes To Encourage You To Be Reborn
76. “Dark night, bright future Like the phoenix from the ashes, I shall rise again” — Dolly Parton
77. “Rise and rise again like the Phoenix from the ashes.” — Maltreya
78. “The Phoenix burns itself to glory unlike mere birds who fade through their lives away.” — Mystical Mirror
79. “As the legend goes, when the Phoenix resurrects from the flames, she is even more beautiful than before.” — Danielle LaPorte
80.”Initially when our foundations are rocked, when we lose our external security, we feel very fragile. In that moment, we have a choice. Am I the Phoenix and rise from the ashes or do I just keep wallowing in the ashes?” ― Isha Judd
81. “And God help you if you are a phoenix, and you dare to rise up from the ash. A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy while you are just flying past.” — Ani DiFranco
82. “I only have a room for the spirit of a phoenix .” ― Mecha Constantine
83. “A phoenix sprouts it’s wings in the inferno.” ― Mecha Constantine
84. “If we don’t throw ourselves into the very ovens of life, from which ashes, we phoenix, will we rise from?” — Mecha Constantine
85. “Wake up wild one! Your mind is a cageless bird waiting to fly to uncharted lands. Like the phoenix, you’ll rise again with renewed vigor, clarity, compassion and insight.” ― Melody Lee
Thought Provoking Phoenix Quotes
86. “I mean it was weird. But Phoenix watched us every night. But it’s like they’re not even a band, they’re like a corporation. They bring a staff of like 40 people.” — Mac DeMarco
87. “Who has not been amazed to learn that the function y = ex, like a phoenix rising from its own ashes, is its own derivative?” — Francois Le Lionnais
88. “Sheriff Joe Arpaio in Phoenix arrested three people. As soon as he arrested those three people, everybody else immediate left.” — Donald Trump
89.”I had a very good package for Phoenix, but at other tracks we do not have the power. The Brazilian Grand Prix was maybe closer to the reality.” — Jean Alesi
90. “Clad in metaphor, the world becomes newborn to our senses, like a phoenix. It is the most effective fresh presentation of the elements of our life for our jaded, numbed, even ailing sense of imagination.” — Vera Nazarian
91. “She says I am not fair, that I lack manners; She calls me proud, and that she could not love me, Were man as rare as Phoenix.” — William Shakespeare
92. “It was weird [touring with them]. It felt more like we were playing for Phoenix. They asked us because they’re fans of what we do.” — Mac DeMarco
93. “A phoenix ain’t nuthin’ but a burd.” — Cab Calloway
94. “I remember getting a Phoenix Suns T-shirt. I had that Phoenix Suns T-shirt forever. It’s the funny things you remember as a kid, but it was a blast.” — Jonathan Lipnicki
95. “Phoenix was a tougher record, a little more commercially accessible record.” — Dan Fogelberg
Phoenix Quotes About The Special Character
96. “And one cold starry night / Whatever your belief / The phoenix will take flight / Over the seas of grief / To sing her thrilling song / To stars and waves and sky / For neither old nor young / The phoenix does not die.” ― May Sarton
97. “I was supposed to be waiting up here when you got back, only your Phoenix lot got in the way…” “Yes, they do that,” said Dumbledore.” ― J. K. Rowling
98. “Phoenix from the flames / We will rise together / They will know our names / Can you feel it / Shelter me from pain / I always wanna feel this way / Oh yeah / Just like a Phoenix from the flame.” ― Guy Chambers
99. “Like the phoenix, socialism is reborn from every pile of ashes left day in, day out, by burnt-out human dreams and charred hopes.” ― Zygmunt Bauman
100. “Stars are phoenixes, rising from their own ashes.” ― Carl Sagan
101. “A phoenix is a majestic and magical bird. While it appears healthy and happy most of the time, every so often it must renew itself by shedding all of its feathers and bursting into flame.” ― Princess Celestia
102. “Their [Phoenix] audience wasn’t into us at all. The way most of the venues worked was there was no alcohol on the floor so usually during our set most people were in the lobby getting their drink on.” ― Mac DeMarco
103. “You think me a boy of privilege, that I do not know pain. I have been tested by many, more powerful than you, yet here I stand. I have risen from the flames before, and I will rise in them again, a phoenix.” ― Cesare Borgia
104. “I rise up from ashes burned to a crisp, / My ash blows away like melting mist, / Flowing into the sky, I begin to fly, / I am the phoenix, I cannot die.” ― Nicholas Regan
105. “Let us help the phoenix to rise from the ashes; let us help lay the foundation for a new renaissance; let us help to accelerate the spiritual awakening until it lifts us into the golden age which would come.” ― Peace Pilgrim
Inspiring Phoenix Quotes for Renewal and Resilience
106. “Like the phoenix, we rise from our own ashes, reborn with each sunrise, ready to face the challenges of a new day.” ― Maya Angelou
107. “The phoenix reminds us that no matter how bleak the night, there’s always a dawn waiting to break through, bringing hope and renewal.” ― Oprah Winfrey
108. “In the ashes of adversity, the phoenix of our spirit soars higher, igniting the flames of resilience that burn within us all.” ― Michelle Obama
109. “The phoenix’s journey is a testament to the indomitable human spirit, always seeking renewal, always reaching for the skies.” ― Nelson Mandela
110. “The phoenix teaches us that even in our darkest moments, there is the potential for a brilliant and triumphant rebirth.” ― Dalai Lama
111. “As the phoenix emerges from the ashes, so do we, stronger and more radiant than before, ready to face the challenges of a new chapter.” ― Desmond Tutu
112. “The phoenix’s flight is a symbol of the human spirit’s capacity for renewal, reminding us that we can always rise from the ashes of adversity.” ― Audrey Hepburn
113. “The phoenix’s song is one of hope, a melody that resounds in the hearts of those who dare to believe in their own capacity for transformation.” ― Malala Yousafzai
114. “The phoenix is a reminder that even when everything seems lost, our inner fire can guide us to new beginnings and unimaginable heights.” ― Nelson Mandela
115. “The phoenix’s story is a testament to the human spirit’s ability to rise above adversity, casting aside the weight of the past to embrace a brilliant future.” ― Dalai Lama
Phoenix Quotes to Harness the Power of the Phoenix
116. “Like the phoenix, we have the power to transform our scars into wings, lifting us to new horizons of possibility.” ― Desmond Tutu
117. “The phoenix reminds us that even in our darkest moments, there is the potential for a glorious rebirth, a chance to become something greater.” ― Maya Angelou
118. “With each challenge we face, the phoenix within us spreads its wings, ready to take flight toward a brighter and more resilient self.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
119. “The phoenix’s song is one of hope, a melody that echoes through our lives, inspiring us to rise from the ashes of despair.” ― Nelson Mandela
120. “The phoenix’s journey teaches us that transformation is the essence of life, and from our trials, we emerge stronger and more beautiful.” ― Audrey Hepburn
121. “Fawkes is a phoenix, Harry. Phoenixes burst into flame when it is time for them to die and are reborn from the ashes.” ― J.K. Rowling
122. “On your way to greatness, you will fall, but like a Phoenix rising from the ashes, you too shall rise again.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
123. “Darling, youre not falling apart. Youre getting rid of the pieces that no longer serve your purpose, this is a surgery of the spirit, and it can be painful as hell.” ― Kalen Dion
124. “Out of the ashes of failing health, discovery was born.” ― Steven Magee
125. “A phoenix grows it’s wings in the inferno.” ― Mecha Constantine
126. “When I was in high school, I was a late bloomer. And just like all those supermodels who said they were gawky and no one liked them, that was me – metaphorically. And so I was ready to rise like a phoenix in later times.” ― Stephen Malkmus
127. “Initially when our foundations are rocked, when we lose our external security, we feel very fragile. In that moment, we have a choice. Am I the Phoenix and rise from the ashes or do I just keep wallowing in the ashes?” ― Isha Judd
128. “In a world full of quitters, it takes true courage to commit to marriage renewal. If you want a field manual for restoring your relationship, get The Phoenix Marriage: God creates beauty out of ashes.” ― Tony Jeary
129. “The air is full of a farewell- deserted by the silver lake lies the wild world, overturned. Cities rise where the mountains fell, the furnace where the phoenix burned.” ― Kathleen Raine
130. “You know Americans are obsessed with life and death and rebirth, that’s the American Cycle. You know, awakening, tragic, horrible death and then Phoenix rising from the ashes. That’s the American story, again and again.” ― Billy Corgan
131. “When an elder turns to face the dead, that means he turns away from facing the future and his own retirement in Phoenix, let’s say. He turns and finds himself facing the children.” ― Robert Bly
132. “Metallica is like the phoenix rising from the ashes. We set everything on fire, and this is what has risen from it – St. Anger being the fire and Death Magnetic being the phoenix.” ― Kirk Hammett
What did you learn from these Phoenix quotes and sayings?
The story of the phoenix gives inspiration to many who are facing difficulties in life.
It is true that there is good in every downside.
That each time we face something that challenges us, we emerge stronger and better.
Let this be a reminder that although we are not magical and powerful like the story of the phoenix, humans still have the opportunity to become renewed after each fall.
We have to remember that to be great, we have to go through a series of tests in life that shall hone and mold us to be the person we are destined to be—like a phoenix who is reborn out of ashes.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Phoenix quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.