Fans of the television show “30 Rock” will love these Jack Donaghy quotes!
Jack Donaghy is one of the main characters created by Tina Fey for the hit comedic television series “30 Rock”.
You might also enjoy these related articles:
Actor Alec Baldwin plays the fictional character.
The character is a network executive who constantly interferes with progress due to his controlling and suave yet senseless personality.
Baldwin’s portrayal of the character won him multiple awards, including two Primetime Emmy Awards and seven Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The character was created to be the main character’s protagonist, played by Tina Fey.
Jack Donaghy is her boss and mentor as she strives to climb the corporate ladder.
Look at these Jack Donaghy quotes to learn more about the popular character.
Top Jack Donaghy Quotes
Here are some popular and memorable lines from the 30 Rock character.
1. “I didn’t lie, Kenneth. I massaged the truth.” — Jack Donaghy
2. “This whole week has been such a bummer.” — Jack Donaghy
3. “Why are you better looking in your memory?” — Jack Donaghy
4. “Money can’t buy happiness. It is happiness.” — Jack Donaghy
5. “Oh, I can’t. I’m expecting a call from 1983.” — Jack Donaghy
6. “That’s what your mom said to me last night! Booyah!” — Jack Donaghy
7. “Weird in a good way, huh. Like going to the gym drunk.” — Jack Donaghy
8. “You are the spider. I am the sun. I dry up all the rain.” — Jack Donaghy
9. “Not only is your fly open, there’s a pencil sticking out of it.” — Jack Donaghy
10. “Well, I had a Porterhouse for Two alone. I am very angry and sleepy.” — Jack Donaghy
Jack Donaghy Quotes that Only He Would Say
Not many characters could pull off these quotes like Jack Donaghy.
11. “Every time I meet a new person, I figure out how I’m gonna fight ’em.” — Jack Donaghy
12. “I only pass gas once a year, for an hour, atop a mountain in Switzerland.” — Jack Donaghy
13. “I’m not a creative type like you, with your work sneakers and left-handedness.” — Jack Donaghy
14. “Welcome to adulthood. As for me, I have successfully retreated for another day.” — Jack Donaghy
15. “I didn’t get a bathroom door that looks like a wall by not being good at business.” — Jack Donaghy
16. “The look on Bianca’s face just before she choked you. That was the most satisfying thing.” — Jack Donaghy
17. “It was reality TV. It can be good; it can be terrible, it just can’t be anything in between.” — Jack Donaghy
More One-of-a-Kind Jack Donaghy Quotes
Here are a few more memorable quotes from the unique character.
18. “I thought this was a meeting to discuss your spin-off where you do matchmaking for wealthy dogs.” — Jack Donaghy
19. “Come on, Lemon. What do we elites do when we screw up? We pretend it never happened and give ourselves a giant bonus.” — Jack Donaghy
20. “Factories provide three things this country desperately needs: jobs, pride, and material for Bruce Springsteen songs.” — Jack Donaghy
21. “Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to stay alive. Haven’t you ever read my throw pillow?” — Jack Donaghy
22. “The world is made by those who control their own destiny. It isn’t made by those who don’t do; it’s made by those who do do.” — Jack Donaghy
23. “What’s wrong, Lemon? When I see you chew your nails like that, it’s either you’re very anxious, or you handled some ham earlier.” — Jack Donaghy
24. “Oh sure, then we can sit around and braid each other’s hair until we get our periods at the same time. Lemon, you’re a supervisor. These people are not your friends.” — Jack Donaghy
25. “Listen, Greg, I’ve got the next big reality show: we put a bunch of people on a plane, fly them over the Atlantic, then Tom Bergeron comes out and reveals… that the pilot is a six-year-old boy. We call it “Child Hell Flight.” — Jack Donaghy
Jack Donaghy’s Personality
Tina Fey has claimed that Donagy’s personality was inspired by Lorne Michaels, who created and ran Saturday Night Live.
Jack is brilliant and caring, but he often causes his staff stress by setting things in motion without cluing anyone else in or handing out backhanded compliments.
Please share these Jack Donaghy quotes with your family and friends, and share your favorite quotes in the comment section below.