These inspirational airplane quotes about aviation will encourage you to fly away to your dream destination.
Airplanes are incredible feats of technology that make it possible to easily and safely travel all around the world.
These airplane quotes about aviation and air travel will fill you with a sense of wonder and wanderlust.
Flying in an airplane is the most efficient and luxurious way to get across the globe. Despite the weather delays, security checkpoints, and long lines at baggage claim, nothing beats the convenience of air travel.
Whether you’re a regular jet setter or a first-time flyer, these airplane quotes will delight you. Broaden your horizons and gain a new appreciation for pilots, planes, and the gift of flight.
This collection of quotes about airplanes highlights the true beauty of air travel. Share these words of wisdom and insightful thoughts with all of the avid flyers that you know.
Also, check out these travel quotes to inspire your next adventure.
Airplane quotes about aviation and air travel
1. “Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.” – Amelia Earhart
2. “I heard an airplane passing overhead. I wished I was on it.” – Charles Bukowski
3. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
4. “There’s only one job in this world that gives you an office in the sky; and that is pilot.” – Mohith Agadi
5. “And back up they would go, not knowing where or when they would be able to land again.” – Maude Julien
6. “Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” – Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
7. “I’ve always loved airplanes and flight. The space program was really important to me as a kid. I still have a photo of Armstrong and Aldrin on the moon in my living room.” – Bill Nye
8. “The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul.” – Walter Raleigh
9. “What’s important is that a customer should get off the airplane feeling, ‘I didn’t just get from A to B. I had one of the most pleasant experiences I ever had, and I’ll be back for that reason.’” – Herb Kelleher
10. “An airplane crossed the sky, and she imagined its interior ― people packed in rows like eggs in a carton, the chemical smell of the toilets, pretzels in foil pouches, cans hiss-popping open, black oval of night sky embedded in the rattling walls. How strange that something so drab, so confined, so stifling with sour exhalations and the fumes of indifferent machinery might be mistaken for a star.” – Maggie Shipstead
Airplane quotes to appreciate air travel
11. “The airplanes slowly taxied to the beginning of the runway, humbly and calmly with flaps down, bowing with deference to the infinite sky.” – Ross Victory
12. “The airplane stays up because it doesn’t have the time to fall.” – Orville Wright
13. “The construction of an airplane is simple compared with the evolutionary achievement of a bird. If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.” – Charles Lindbergh
14. “But these, wide-finned in silver, roaring, the light mist of their propellers in the sun, these do not move like sharks. They move like nothing there has ever been. They move like mechanized doom.” – Ernest Hemingway
15. “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
16. “If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing.” – Chuck Yeager
17. “Before we had airplanes and astronauts, we really thought that there was an actual place beyond the clouds, somewhere over the rainbow. There was an actual place, and we could go above the clouds and find it there.” – Barbara Walters
18. “I love flying so much. I even like airplane food. No one bothers you and your phone never goes off and you can’t have emails go through. It’s undisturbed.” – Margot Robbie
19. “To be happy in this world, first you need a cell phone and then you need an airplane. Then you’re truly wireless.” – Ted Turner
20. “Genius without wisdom is like a plane without wings; it will navigate the runway but it will never know the sky.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Airplane quotes about the true beauty of air travel
21. “The similarities between commercial airplanes and automobiles are striking. It’s all about safe and efficient transportation using the latest technology and the best fuel efficiency.” – Alan Mulally
22. “What would air travel look like if airplanes were thrown out after each flight? No one would be flying in airplanes.” – Gwynne Shotwell
23. “If you have a fear of flying, don’t. The data are very clear: If you have to travel someplace, the safest way is by airplane.” – Peter Diamandis
24. “Go up in a big airplane. Go high enough, and you will see the radiation rainbow interference ring around the shadow of the airplane on the clouds below.” – Steven Magee
25. “I wanted to travel from the beginning. As a kid, I used to dream about airplanes, before I ever flew in one.” – Mary Ellen Mark
26. “I was hooked on aviation, made model airplanes, and never thought I would be able to fly myself. It cost too much. But then World War II came along and changed all that.” – John Glenn
27. “If you take one rivet out of an airplane, it will be alright, it’ll keep flying. You take another rivet out of the airplane and it still flies. So what the heck, let’s take more rivets out of the airplane, and sooner or later, the airplane drops from the sky.” – Ted Danson
28. “When you get into an airplane by yourself and take off, you find yourself in this lovely, three-dimensional world where you can go in any direction. There is no feeling any more exciting than that.” – Gene Roddenberry
29. “Every time I step onto an airplane, I turn to the right and take a good, hard stare into the maw of the engine. I don’t know what I’m looking for. I just do it.” – Barbara Kingsolver
30. “I feel about airplanes the way I feel about diets. It seems to me that they are wonderful things for other people to go on.” – Jean Kerr
Insightful Airplane quotes
31. “Any design, whether it’s for a ship or an airplane, must be done in anticipation of potential failures.” – Henry Petroski
32. “I came up with the idea of a solar airplane flying around the world with no fuel ― that would be a beautiful message in terms of technology, the energy of the future and the environment.” – Bertrand Piccard
33. “Learning to fly an airplane taught me a way of thinking, an approach to problem-solving that was applicable and effective. Pilots are very methodical and meticulous, and artists tend not to be.” – Chris Carter
34. “All of the biggest technological inventions created by man – the airplane, the automobile, the computer – says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness.” – Mark Kennedy
35. “Airplanes were invented by natural selection. Now you can say that intelligent design designs our airplanes of today, but there was no intelligent design really designing those early airplanes. There were probably at least 30,000 different things tried, and when they crash and kill the pilot, don’t try that again.” – Burt Rutan
36. “You don’t jump out of an airplane and stop halfway. It’s all the way.” – Jesse White
37. “I know a lot of people in the aviation business, particularly ones who will fly to places where your boots get dirty when you get out of the airplane.” – Erik Prince
38. “All kingdoms look small through an airplane window – little dominions built on quicksand. But looking up from the ground, where most of us stand, they’re rather impressive.” – Steve Rushin
39. “The guy in the airplane goes with you. So he has self-interest to do the good things, too, and I don’t know of any pilots that don’t have a self-interest in staying alive.” – Gordon Bethune
40. “Please get on an airplane or a horse, because it’s pretty spectacular.” – Kelly Ripa
More Airplane quotes and sayings
41. “The flying? I’m not worried about it. I’m safe up there. I feel very comfortable with my abilities flying an airplane.” – Cory Lidle
42. “The thing is helicopters are different from airplanes An airplane by it’s nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or incompetent piloting, it will fly.” – Harry Reasoner
43. “To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything.” – Otto Lilienthal
44. “Quite likely the twentieth century is destined to see the natural forces which will enable us to fly from continent to continent with a speed far exceeding that of a bird.” – Simon Newcomb
45. “Airplanes may kill you, but they ain’t likely to hurt you.” – Satchel Paige
46. “When I was a very little boy, I lived underneath the air pattern of LaGuardia airport in New York and I watched the planes fly to their destinations. I was in love with the design of these airplanes.” – John Travolta
47. “On airplanes, strangers confide in me the most deepest, darkest secrets. And I think they think I’ll understand. And I generally do understand.” – John Waters
48. “Planes will never have the final, perfect model because their idea is all about the infinity.” – Talismanist Giebra
49. “An entrepreneur is someone who will jump off a cliff and assemble an airplane on the way down.” – Reid Hoffman
50. “There is truly no other place bearing so much love as airports.” – Ioana Cristina Casapu
Which of these airplane quotes is your favorite?
This list of airplane quotes highlights the power, beauty, and intrigue of aviation. Airplanes are amazing machines that give human beings the gift of flight.
These inspirational words about airplanes will give you a newfound appreciation for air travel. The magnificent engineering that has gone into the development of airplanes is astounding.
Some people have a fear of airplanes and a phobia of flying, but these awesome quotes may change your perspective.
Airplanes and flying have changed the way that humans can travel around the world. The evolution of the modern airplane is one of the most important developments of mankind.
These airplane quotes honor the true blessing of flight. Share this collection of inspirational quotes with all of the pilots and avid travelers in your life.
What are your favorite quotes about airplanes and flying? Let us know in the comment section below.
June 5, 2020 7:28 AM EST