These inspirational airplane quotes about aviation will encourage you to fly away to your dream destination.
Airplanes are incredible feats of technology that make it possible to easily and safely travel all around the world.
These airplane quotes about aviation and air travel will fill you with a sense of wonder and wanderlust.
Flying in an airplane is the most efficient and luxurious way to get across the globe. Despite the weather delays, security checkpoints, and long lines at baggage claim, nothing beats the convenience of air travel.
Whether you’re a regular jet setter or a first-time flyer, these airplane quotes will delight you. Broaden your horizons and gain a new appreciation for pilots, planes, and the gift of flight.
This collection of quotes about airplanes highlights the true beauty of air travel. Share these words of wisdom and insightful thoughts with all of the avid flyers that you know.
Also, check out these travel quotes to inspire your next adventure.
Airplane quotes about aviation and air travel
1. “Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.” – Amelia Earhart
2. “I heard an airplane passing overhead. I wished I was on it.” – Charles Bukowski
3. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford
4. “There’s only one job in this world that gives you an office in the sky; and that is pilot.” – Mohith Agadi
5. “And back up they would go, not knowing where or when they would be able to land again.” – Maude Julien
6. “Aviation is proof that given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.” – Edward Vernon Rickenbacker
7. “I’ve always loved airplanes and flight. The space program was really important to me as a kid. I still have a photo of Armstrong and Aldrin on the moon in my living room.” – Bill Nye
8. “The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul.” – Walter Raleigh
9. “What’s important is that a customer should get off the airplane feeling, ‘I didn’t just get from A to B. I had one of the most pleasant experiences I ever had, and I’ll be back for that reason.’” – Herb Kelleher
10. “A pilot who says he has never been frightened in an airplane is, I’m afraid, lying.” – Louise Thaden
Airplane quotes to appreciate air travel
11. “The airplanes slowly taxied to the beginning of the runway, humbly and calmly with flaps down, bowing with deference to the infinite sky.” – Ross Victory
12. “The airplane stays up because it doesn’t have the time to fall.” – Orville Wright
13. “The construction of an airplane is simple compared with the evolutionary achievement of a bird. If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes.” – Charles Lindbergh
14. “Flying may not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price.” – Amelia Earhart
15. “Airplane travel is nature’s way of making you look like your passport photo.” – Al Gore
16. “If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it’s an outstanding landing.” – Chuck Yeager
17. “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror.” – Gregory “Pappy” Boyington
18. “I love flying so much. I even like airplane food. No one bothers you and your phone never goes off and you can’t have emails go through. It’s undisturbed.” – Margot Robbie
19. “To be happy in this world, first you need a cell phone and then you need an airplane. Then you’re truly wireless.” – Ted Turner
20. “Genius without wisdom is like a plane without wings; it will navigate the runway but it will never know the sky.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Airplane quotes about the true beauty of air travel
21. “The similarities between commercial airplanes and automobiles are striking. It’s all about safe and efficient transportation using the latest technology and the best fuel efficiency.” – Alan Mulally
22. “What would air travel look like if airplanes were thrown out after each flight? No one would be flying in airplanes.” – Gwynne Shotwell
23. “If you have a fear of flying, don’t. The data are very clear: If you have to travel someplace, the safest way is by airplane.” – Peter Diamandis
24. “Go up in a big airplane. Go high enough, and you will see the radiation rainbow interference ring around the shadow of the airplane on the clouds below.” – Steven Magee
25. “I wanted to travel from the beginning. As a kid, I used to dream about airplanes, before I ever flew in one.” – Mary Ellen Mark
26. “I was hooked on aviation, made model airplanes, and never thought I would be able to fly myself. It cost too much. But then World War II came along and changed all that.” – John Glenn
27. “If you take one rivet out of an airplane, it will be alright, it’ll keep flying. You take another rivet out of the airplane and it still flies. So what the heck, let’s take more rivets out of the airplane, and sooner or later, the airplane drops from the sky.” – Ted Danson
28. “When you get into an airplane by yourself and take off, you find yourself in this lovely, three-dimensional world where you can go in any direction. There is no feeling any more exciting than that.” – Gene Roddenberry
29. “Every time I step onto an airplane, I turn to the right and take a good, hard stare into the maw of the engine. I don’t know what I’m looking for. I just do it.” – Barbara Kingsolver
30. “I feel about airplanes the way I feel about diets. It seems to me that they are wonderful things for other people to go on.” – Jean Kerr
Insightful Airplane quotes
31. “Any design, whether it’s for a ship or an airplane, must be done in anticipation of potential failures.” – Henry Petroski
32. “I came up with the idea of a solar airplane flying around the world with no fuel ― that would be a beautiful message in terms of technology, the energy of the future and the environment.” – Bertrand Piccard
33. “Learning to fly an airplane taught me a way of thinking, an approach to problem-solving that was applicable and effective. Pilots are very methodical and meticulous, and artists tend not to be.” – Chris Carter
34. “Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.” – Unknown
35. “Airplanes were invented by natural selection. Now you can say that intelligent design designs our airplanes of today, but there was no intelligent design really designing those early airplanes. There were probably at least 30,000 different things tried, and when they crash and kill the pilot, don’t try that again.” – Burt Rutan
36. “You don’t jump out of an airplane and stop halfway. It’s all the way.” – Jesse White
37. “I know a lot of people in the aviation business, particularly ones who will fly to places where your boots get dirty when you get out of the airplane.” – Erik Prince
38. “All kingdoms look small through an airplane window – little dominions built on quicksand. But looking up from the ground, where most of us stand, they’re rather impressive.” – Steve Rushin
39. “Whenever I dream about flying, it’s the best feeling in the world.” – Kate M
40. “Please get on an airplane or a horse, because it’s pretty spectacular.” – Kelly Ripa
More Airplane quotes and sayings
41. “The flying? I’m not worried about it. I’m safe up there. I feel very comfortable with my abilities flying an airplane.” – Cory Lidle
42. “The thing is helicopters are different from airplanes An airplane by it’s nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or incompetent piloting, it will fly.” – Harry Reasoner
43. “To invent an airplane is nothing. To build one is something. But to fly is everything.” – Otto Lilienthal
44. “I feel sad for those who’re afraid of flying. They’re missing out!” – Unknown
45. “Airplanes may kill you, but they ain’t likely to hurt you.” – Satchel Paige
46. “When I was a very little boy, I lived underneath the air pattern of LaGuardia airport in New York and I watched the planes fly to their destinations. I was in love with the design of these airplanes.” – John Travolta
47. “On airplanes, strangers confide in me the most deepest, darkest secrets. And I think they think I’ll understand. And I generally do understand.” – John Waters
48. “Planes will never have the final, perfect model because their idea is all about the infinity.” – Talismanist Giebra
49. “An entrepreneur is someone who will jump off a cliff and assemble an airplane on the way down.” – Reid Hoffman
50. “There is truly no other place bearing so much love as airports.” – Ioana Cristina Casapu
Airplane quotes for the love of flying
51. “Do you believe in God?” asked the girl once again.
“Yes, I do, I guess. Perhaps more so when I am in trouble. Especially when I am flying in an airplane.” -Abhaidev
52. “A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step…the step taken to climb the ladder which gets you into the airplane…” -Ankala Subbarao
53. “To fly Boeing or not to fly Boeing, that is the question.” -Steven Magee
54. “The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who… looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space… on the infinite highway of the air.” -Wilbur Wright
55. “When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” -Author unknown
56. “I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.” -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
57. “I think it is a pity to lose the romantic side of flying and simply to accept it as a common means of transport.” -Amy Johnson
58. “More than anything else, the sensation of flying is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost. If you can conceive of such a combination.” -Wilbur Wright
59. “Everyone has oceans to fly, if they have the heart to do it. Is it reckless? Maybe. But what do dreams know of boundaries?” -Amelia Earhart
60. “The good thing about flying solo is it’s never boring.” -Steve Fossett
Wonderful Quotes about Traveling and Aviation
61. “Sometimes you have to go up really high to understand how small you are.” – Felix Baumgartner
62. “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
63. “Flying is hypnotic and all pilots are willing victims to the spell.” – Ernest K Gann
64. “The way I see it, you can either work for a living or you can fly airplanes. Me, I’d rather fly.” – Len Morgan
65. “Great pilots are made not born…a man may possess good eyesight, sensitive hands, and perfect coordination, but the end result is only fashioned by steady coaching, much practice, and experience.” – Johnnie Johnson
66. “Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.” – Socrates
67. “Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.” – Gil Stern
68. “You wanna fly, you got to give up the…[stuff] that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison
69. “Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.” – Douglas Adams
70. “You know the oxygen masks on airplanes? I don’t think there’s really any oxygen. I think they’re just to muffle the screams.” – Rita Rudner
Flying and Airplane Quotes to Ponder
71. “A breeze blows up, touching my cheek like a little child’s kiss. It flutters a piece of paper. “Trash, out there? Must belong to one of us.” We move closer, and when I reached for it, I find…… a perfect paper airplane.” ― Ellen Hopkins
72. “And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot’s own.” ― Richard Bach
73. “We are in the process of finding out what filling the sky with hundreds of thousands of satellites does to all life on Earth.” ― Steven Magee
74. “Sometimes happiness is like the sound of a plane overhead. You look up to see it but the plane’s not there. No matter where you look you can’t find it on the sky, although the sound is still there and growing louder. You get a little frantic searching. At the same time you’re thinking, this is stupid. But you keep looking and if you do finally see it, you feel absolved. Most of my life I’d been looking for happiness in the wrong parts of the sky.” ― Jonathan Carroll
75. “Perhaps, mites in airplane is just like human on planet.” ― Toba Beta
76. “Pilots have an established history of committing mass murder during their suicides.” ― Steven Magee
77. “One of the greatest inventions of the 20th century — indeed, one of the landmark inventions in the history of the human race — was the work of a couple of young men who had never gone to college and who were just bicycle mechanics in Dayton, Ohio. That part of the United States is often referred to as ‘flyover country’ because it is part of America that the east coast and west coast elites fly over on their way to what they consider more important places. But they are able to fly over it only because of those mechanics in Dayton.” ― Thomas Sowell
78. “This is the way of air travel: fellow passengers applaud because they didn’t die, and then they cut in front of you so they can exit four seconds earlier.” ― Vendela Vida
79. “At the age of 19 years, I left for Santiago de Compostella, even though I did not prefer, waste of energy, by plane.” ― Petra Hermans
80. “I never really gave much thought to the fields while flying over them. It just seems like a whole lot of empty space from above, but I wonder how many half-naked kids you’d see rolling around in them if you zoomed in.” ― George Watsky
Which of these airplane quotes is your favorite?
This list of airplane quotes highlights the power, beauty, and intrigue of aviation. Airplanes are amazing machines that give human beings the gift of flight.
These inspirational words about airplanes will give you a newfound appreciation for air travel. The magnificent engineering that has gone into the development of airplanes is astounding.
Some people have a fear of airplanes and a phobia of flying, but these awesome quotes may change your perspective.
Airplanes and flying have changed the way that humans can travel around the world. The evolution of the modern airplane is one of the most important developments of mankind.
These airplane quotes honor the true blessing of flight. Share this collection of inspirational quotes with all of the pilots and avid travelers in your life.
What are your favorite quotes about airplanes and flying? Let us know in the comment section below.
May 11, 2022 5:00 AM EST