These Iyanla Vanzant quotes will inspire and encourage you as you work through your life.
Iyanla Vanzant is a woman with an amazing story to tell. She went from being a welfare mom to an Emmy Award winner and New York Times best-selling author.
She’s a writer, public speaker, and spiritual life coach. She now has more than a dozen books published and has been featured on Oprah multiple times.
Iyanla delivers a no-nonsense message in order to help others live their best life through love and forgiveness. With all of those best-selling books, you know that these Iyanla Vanzant quotes are sure to inspire and motivate.
Don’t forget to also check out these Gordon Ramsay quotes from the international chef and restaurateur.
Iyanla Vanzant quotes on choosing your path in life
1. “The remedy for life’s broken pieces is not classes, workshops or books. Don’t try to heal the broken pieces. Just forgive.” – Iyanla Vanzant
2. “Your willingness to look at your darkness is what empowers you to change.” – Iyanla Vanzant
3. “So many of us invest a fortune making ourselves look good to the world, yet inside we are falling apart. It’s time to invest on the inside.” – Iyanla Vanzant
4. “I now know that nothing in my life will change until I change the way I see my life and myself.” – Iyanla Vanzant
5. “In any situation, you have the right, power and ability to choose your experience.” – Iyanla Vanzant
6. “We must inspire ourselves by believing we have the power to accomplish everything we set out to do.” – Iyanla Vanzant
7. “Close the door to yesterday, and open your mind, your heart, and your spirit to the blessings of this moment.” – Iyanla Vanzant
8. “We have the ability, right, and power to create whatever we want in our lives.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Encouraging Iyanla Vanzant quotes
9. “The only way to get what you really want is to let go of what you don’t want.” – Iyanla Vanzant
10. “Remain open. There is something bigger than you know going on here.” – Iyanla Vanzant
11. “Right where you are is where you need to be. Don’t fight it!” – Iyanla Vanzant
12. “Move toward your wildest dreams, take the labels off your mind and step boldly into your greatness.” – Iyanla Vanzant
13. “If you are afraid to take a chance, take one anyway. What you don’t do can create the same regrets as the mistakes you make.” – Iyanla Vanzant
14. “People say I’ve had a difficult time in life. I think I’ve had an exciting time in life.” – Iyanla Vanzant
15. “You are the only one who can do it like you do it.” – Iyanla Vanzant
16. “Until and unless you know that you are enough just the way you are, you will continue to look for more.” – Iyanla Vanzant
17. “No matter what’s going on in your life today, remember, it’s only preparation. It’s preparation for better things.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Iyanla Vanzant quotes about who you are
18. “Everything that happens to you is a reflection of what you believe about yourself. We cannot outperform our level of self-esteem. We cannot draw to ourselves more than we think we are worth.” – Iyanla Vanzant
19. “Have the courage to be exactly who you are without apology.” – Iyanla Vanzant
20. “When you start a new trail equipped with courage, strength, and conviction, the only thing that can stop you is you.” – Iyanla Vanzant
21. “If you don’t allow yourself to dream, to dare, to move up, out, forward; how will you ever know what you are really capable of?” – Iyanla Vanzant
22. “You have set standards for how you want to be treated and what you expect from yourself and for yourself.” – Iyanla Vanzant
23. “What you tell yourself about yourself, about your life, about your limitations, you will believe.” – Iyanla Vanzant
24. “There comes a moment when you must decide that you are going to believe in yourself. If you believe you have the power, the power is yours.” – Iyanla Vanzant
25. “Rather than beating yourself up for what you are not doing, appreciate and celebrate the things you are doing.” – Iyanla Vanzant
26. “Be willing to share all of who you are. So many of us want a partner, but we’re not willing to show all of us.” – Iyanla Vanzant
27. “Loving yourself has nothing to do with being selfish. It means that you accept yourself for what you are.” – Iyanla Vanzant
28. “We really don’t know how to love each other because we haven’t really learned to love ourselves. In many instances, not all, it’s not malicious. We’ve just been conditioned to such bad behavior.” – Iyanla Vanzant
Have you seen these Margaret Atwood quotes that prove words are powerful?
Motivational Iyanla Vanzant quotes
29. “You must create what you want inside of your heart and mind before you can hope to see it in your world.” – Iyanla Vanzant
30. “I gave myself permission to feel and experience all of my emotions. In order to do that, I had to stop being afraid to feel. In order to do that, I taught myself to believe that no matter what I felt or what happened when I felt it, I would be okay.” – Iyanla Vanzant
31. “You know that you’ve healed an issue when you can talk about it and you’re not weeping, when you can speak to it and identify the lesson. You know that you’ve healed an issue when, having gone through that, has a benefit that you live today.” – Iyanla Vanzant
32. “Just do what you do and do it well. Stop worrying about what other people are doing, or what they will say about what you are doing.” – Iyanla Vanzant
33. “I came from nothing. I came from the projects and welfare and ended up a millionaire with no frame of reference. I was bound to hit a wall sooner or later.” – Iyanla Vanzant
More Iyanla Vanzant quotes
34. “Comparison is an act of violence against the self.” – Iyanla Vanzant
35. “Why can’t women get along? Because we’re afraid. We’re afraid to be vulnerable. We’re afraid to be soft. We’re afraid to be hurt. But most of all, we’re afraid of our power. So we become controlling and aggressive and vicious.” – Iyanla Vanzant
36. “I’m focusing on healing lives and teaching people that they can heal – giving them tools to heal.” – Iyanla Vanzant
37. “I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Lived it and I’m still here to talk about it and help someone else if I can.” – Iyanla Vanzant
38. “All of us have ways in which we mask and cover our pain.” – Iyanla Vanzant
39. “What a blessing that God allows a life to come through your body, and then allows you to place that body in a body bag and take it out. I had to say that there’s a magnificent something that God has for me to do, to give me that level of completion. That level of experience. It’s unspeakable.” – Iyanla Vanzant
40. “Any time there is ‘un-forgiveness’ between people who love each other, there is suffering. Any time people face challenges that they really don’t understand… there is suffering.” – Iyanla Vanzant
41. “Pain is pain, hurt is hurt, fear is fear, anger is anger, and it has no color.” – Iyanla Vanzant
42. “Wherever you are, use your time, energy and talents to do the best you can right now.” – Iyanla Vanzant
43. “There is absolutely no reason to ever settle for less than the best.” – Iyanla Vanzant
44. “One of the ways that people avoid taking responsibility for their role in their own pain is what I call the BPs – blame and projection.” – Iyanla Vanzant
45. “Life is a game that is meant to be FUN! Give yourself permission to have FUN!” – Iyanla Vanzant
46. “All things are lessons that God would have us learn.” – Iyanla Vanzant
47. “Begin within. If it shows up in your life, it’s coming to tell you something about you that you’re acting like you don’t know. Something about yourself, or your relationship with God.” – Iyanla Vanzant
48. “I’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Lived it and I’m still here to talk about it and help someone else if I can.” – Iyanla Vanzant
49. “Some of us pray demands. Some of us pray complaints. Some of us pray knowing, and some of us pray not knowing. But prayer is the attitude that you hold in your heart.” – Iyanla Vanzant
50. “It’s about your heart and about your consciousness. It’s not about the length of time you pray. Some of the most powerful prayers I’ve ever heard come from children, who can barely speak.” – Iyanla Vanzant
You might also like these Bob Goff quotes that will inspire you to love more and dream bigger.
What did you learn from these Iyanla Vanzant quotes?
If you’re in the position that you are looking for some encouragement or inspiration in life, these quotes may be just the thing that you needed.
While many of these Iyanla quotes are able to inspire, it’s not because she went through an easy life. She’s able to speak from her own experiences, which makes her message seem even more powerful.
Let these quotes empower you to embrace yourself, forgive if needed, and move forward, choosing the best path for your life. Don’t be afraid to read through the list multiple times or every day to help keep you inspired as you work on making changes in your life.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these Iyanla Vanzant quotes and sayings? Which other personality should we feature on Everyday power? Let us know in the comment section below.
November 20, 2020 7:00 AM EST