For a quick laugh, enjoy these O Brother Where Art Thou quotes.
O Brother Where Art Thou is a comedy written, produced, co-edited, and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen in 2000.
This hit comedy stars George Clooney but also has a talented supporting cast.
The movie is set in rural Mississippi in 1937.
It follows the story of three prisoners escaping from their chain gang duty.
The leader of the three, Ulysses Everett McGill (played by George Clooney), lies to the other two convicts about buried treasure to convince them to escape.
While they might not be looking for treasure, we see there is a good reason for Everett wanting to escape when they did.
The movie then follows them as they set off on adventures and, at the same time, try to avoid getting caught by the law.
This movie is loosely based on the great poem Odyssey by Homer and features folksy music that helps set the time and place of the film.
Enjoy the O Brother Where Art Thou quotes below!
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Superbad quotes from the comedy classic.
Memorable O Brother Where Art Thou quotes
You will remember these classic quotes from the movie!
1. “Do Not Seek The Treasure.” — Pete
2. “You work for the railroad, Grampa?” — Delmar
3. “What Line Of Work You In, George?” — Delmar
4. “George Nelson Withdrawals.” — George Nelson
5. “I’m A Dapper Dan Man.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
6. “Damn! We’re in a tight spot!” — Ulysses Everett McGill
7. “You miserable little snake! You stole from my kin!” — Pete
8. “Wait a minute. Who elected you leader of this outfit?” — Pete
9. “Governor, it’s one of our favorites.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
10. “Well, he taught me to play this here guitar real good.” — Tommy
Funny O Brother Where Art Thou quotes
Check out the quotes below for a good laugh!
11. “Gonna paddle a little behind.” — Pappy
12. “Well, I’ll be a sonofabitch. Delmar’s been saved.” — Pete
13. “Well, I was lyin’. And the preacher says that that sin’s been washed away too.” — Delmar
14. “I had to be up at that there crossroads last midnight to sell my soul to the devil.” — Tommy
15. “Them sirens did this to Pete. They loved him up and turned him into a… horny toad.” — Delmar
16. “I’m surprised at you, Pete, I gave you credit for more brains than Delmar.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
17. “Pete, it’s a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
18. “No, thank you, Delmar. A third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without beddin’ ‘er back down.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
19. “And furthermore, by way of endorsing my candidacy, the Soggy Bottom Boys are gonna lead us all in a rousing chorus of “You Are My Sunshine.”” — Pappy
20. “Well, Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain’t the consensus view, then hell, let’s put it to a vote.” — Ulysses Everett McGill
One decision leads to another
We see that the decision to escape leads the three prisoners on many adventures, and each one requires the three to make a new decision on how to handle the situation.
Check out the movie to see how the adventures of Everett, Pete, and Delmar turn out.
Hopefully, the O Brother Where Art Thou quotes and sayings have inspired you to check out the movie.
Share the quotes with your family and friends, and post your favorite in the comment section below.