Our latest collection of fear quotes to help you overcome your fears.
Facing your fears is the only way to beat them. Although you’ll undoubtedly experience emotional turmoil, you have to embrace your fears and turn your bad feelings into good ones.
We all have to deal with fear at different stages in our lives. To succeed and make a difference in your life and those of other people, you have to persevere and be determined in spite of fear.
When you face your faces, chances are you’re venturing into unknown territory. You’re likely doing something you’ve never done before or something you haven’t done in a long while. This helps you learn and changes your brain for the better.
Despite having fear or facing doubts and uncertainty about how to proceed, you can still accomplish your goals and dreams. Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and helpful fear quotes, fear sayings, and fear proverbs, collected from a variety of sources.
Fear quotes to help you face your fears
1. ”If you want to conquer fear, don’t sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
2. ”You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, ‘I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. ”Don’t let fear or insecurity stop you from trying new things. Believe in yourself. Do what you love. And most importantly, be kind to others, even if you don’t like them.” – Stacy London
4. ”I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
5. ”We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
6. “You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear.” – Sammy Davis, Jr.
7. ”As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.” – Chanakya
8. ”Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.” – Marie Curie
9. ”If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.” – Sun Tzu
10. ”The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror! “ – Joyce Meyer
Fear quotes to help you beat them
11. ”Living with fear stops us taking risks, and if you don’t go out on the branch, you’re never going to get the best fruit.” – Sarah Parish
12. ”Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” – Dale Carnegie
13. ”Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.” – Jim Morrison
14. ”Fear not, we are of the nature of the lion, and cannot descend to the destruction of mice and such small beasts.” – Elizabeth I
15. ”I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
16. ”Being brave isn’t the absence of fear. Being brave is having that fear but finding a way through it.” – Bear Grylls
17. ”The key to growth is acknowledging your fear of the unknown and jumping in anyway.” – Jen Sincero
18. ”You just have to get rid of fear and confront the world. Look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself, ‘I love you and nothing will destroy you and you’re not going to fall.” – Ricky Martin
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of mirror quotes that will change your perception.
19. ”If you go deeper and deeper into your own heart, you’ll be living in a world with less fear, isolation and loneliness.” – Sharon Salzberg
20. ”I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J. K. Rowling
You might also like these insecurity quotes to help you gain confidence.
Fear quotes to help you confront the world
21. ”Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” – Babe Ruth
22. ”I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.” – Oprah Winfrey
23. ”The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” – Brian Tracy
24. ”He who is not every day conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
25. ”Kill the snake of doubt in your soul, crush the worms of fear in your heart and mountains will move out of your way.” – Kate Seredy
26. ”I have a very positive attitude in life. My insecurity, fear and need to know about tomorrow has fortunately eased. What is going to happen will happen anyway. So why break my head over it?” – Katrina Kaif
27. ”Fear is stupid. So are regrets.” – Marilyn Monroe
28. ”Don’t fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.” – Louis E. Boone
29. ”Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.” – Bertrand Russell
30. ”How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.” – Florence Nightingale
Fear quotes to help you move forward
31. ”I say I am stronger than fear.” – Malala Yousafzai
32. ”Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness.” – Indra Devi
33. ”Limits, like fear, is often an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
34. ”One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn’t do.” – Henry Ford
35. ”Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.” – Napoleon Hill
36. ”Fear comes from uncertainty. When we are absolutely certain, whether of our worth or worthlessness, we are almost impervious to fear.” –William Congreve
37. ”If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?” – Confucius
38. ”Failure isn’t an option. I’ve erased the word ‘fear’ from my vocabulary, and I think when you erase fear, you can’t fail.” – Alicia Keys
39. ”Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.” – Rudyard Kipling
40. ”Ignorance is the parent of fear.” – Herman Melville
Fear quotes to help you see the positive side
41. ”Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.” – Japanese Proverb
42. ”To overcome fear, here’s all you have to do: realize the fear is there, and do the action you fear anyway.” – Peter McWilliams
43. ”Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anais Nin
44. ”Don’t fear, just live right.” – Neal A. Maxwell
45. ”No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” – Edmund Burke
46. ”Fear has two meanings: ‘Forget Everything And Run’ or ‘Face Everything And Rise.’ The choice is yours.” – Zig Ziglar
47. ”Fears are educated into us, and can, if we wish, be educated out.” – Karl Augustus Menninger
48. ”Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
49. ”Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live.” – Dorothy Thompson
50. ”No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Gautama Buddha
More fear quotes
51. “It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave. – Mandy Hale
52. “If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgement of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgement now.” – Marcus Aurelius
53. “There is no illusion greater than fear.” – Lao Tzu
54. “To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.” – Richie Norton
55. “Saw a little girl touch a big bug and shout, I conquered my fear! YES! and calmly walk away. I was inspired.” – Nathan Fillion
56. “Sometimes, when we want something so badly, we fear failure more than we fear being without that thing.” – Matthew J. Kirby
57. “I have to face the fear. I have to take control of the situation and find a way to make it less frightening.” – Veronica Roth
58. “Hang on! God will be thy strength in any act of your pursuit.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
59. “You have to conquer every obstacle before you can reach the top of the mountain.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
60. “Just like in life, we need to overcome our fears before exploring the next adventure.” – M. Liz Boyle
Which of these fear quotes was your favorite?
Avoiding your fears doesn’t make them go away. You have to face your fears and be determined to accomplish your goals and dreams.
You can’t control the emotional reactions that occur from fear but you can think about your feelings in a positive light. Hopefully, the above quotes will give you the strength and courage to make it happen.
Which of these fear quotes resonated with you best? Do you have any other favorite quotes to add? Let us know in the comment section below.
March 2, 2021 6:15 AM EST