Fans of psychological thrillers will love these Severance quotes.
Dan Erickson created Severance as a science fiction psychological thriller that premiered on Apple TV+ in 2022.
Ben Stiller and Aoife McArdle directed the series.
It starred Adam Scott, Britt Lower, Zach Cherry, Jen Tullock, and many other actors and actresses.
Upon release, Severance has received critical acclaim from the audience and critics alike, received multiple awards nominations, and has already been renewed for a second season.
The plot of the series follows a corporation that uses a medical procedure called “severance” to separate their employees’ minds from work life and their regular life.
However, an employee named Mark starts to uncover a conspiracy tied to the corporation.
Take a look at these Severance quotes to learn more about this hit television series.
You will also enjoy our article on Donnie Darko quotes.
Severance quotes from Mark Scout
1. “Our job is to taste free air.” — Mark Scout
2. “All I can be is sorry, and that is all that I am.” — Mark Scout
3. “I know you don’t want to be here, but I’m glad you are.” — Mark Scout
4. “A good person will follow the rules. A great person will follow himself.” — Mark Scout
5. “Every time you find yourself here, it’s because you chose to come back.” — Mark Scout
6. “I also heard that if you’re severed you go to two separate hells, is that true?” — Mark Scout
7. “Quitting would effectively end your life. I mean, in so much as you’ve come to know it.” — Mark Scout
8. “Your so-called boss may own the clock that taunts you from the wall. But, my friends, the hour is yours.” — Mark Scout
9. “We’re people, not parts of people. Even with what little they gave us, these are our lives. No one gets to just turn you off.” — Mark Scout
10. “Forgive me for the harm I have caused this world. None may atone for my actions but me, and only in me shall their stain move on.” — Mark Scout
Severance quotes from Harmony Cobel
11. “A handshake is available upon request.” — Harmony Cobel
12. “Valiance. Not a core principle, but sweet.” — Harmony Cobel
13. “If you want a hug, go to hell and find your mother.” — Harmony Cobel
14. “The surest way to tame a prisoner is to let him believe he is free.” — Harmony Cobel
15. “A department like yours can go so good or so bad. You know what makes the difference? The people.” — Harmony Cobel
16. “The good news is, hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination. The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.” — Harmony Cobel
Severance quotes from Helly Riggs
17. “It’s too bad nobody told you guys that everything here is bullshit.” — Helly Riggs
18. “It’s important because it actually is or because you’re saying it is?” — Helly Riggs
19. “I could not, with a razor to my throat, be less interested in being your family.” — Helly Riggs
20. “Well, boss. I guess this is the part where I should tell you to go to hell. Except you’re already here.” — Helly Riggs
Severance quotes from Irving Bailiff & Burt
21. “Let’s burn this place to the ground.” — Irving Bailiff
22. “Rise up from your deathbed and sally forth, more perfect for the struggle.” — Irving Bailiff
23. “You are my mouth, and through ye, I will whisper on when I am ten centuries demised.” — Burt
24. “It’s an unnatural state for a person to have no history. History makes us someone. Gives us a context. A shape.” — Irving Bailiff
25. “I am certain you will remain with me in spirit, in some deep and yet completely unaccessible corner of my mind.” — Burt
What Conspiracy Does Mark Uncover?
Mark is contacted by Petey, a former employee that had disappeared.
Petey tells Mark that he had the procedure reversed but suffers from “reintegration sickness.”
Mark starts to realize that all may not be as it seems.
Please share these Severance quotes with your friends that enjoy psychological thrillers and post any comments about the series in the comment section below.