Donnie Darko quotes for those sci-fi fans among us.
Donnie Darko is an independently filmed sci-fi movie that was released in late 2001.
September 11th had taken place before the release and because the movie has a plane crash as part of the story, it was deemed a poor idea to push this to the public.
The movie had almost no advertising, but still made a profit and in fact, has a cult following.
Donnie Darko is the name of the movie as well as the main character.
Jake Gyllenhaal played Donnie Darko and the movie followed his doomsday dreams and how they affected him and those around him.
Enjoy these Donny Darko quotes!
Don’t forget to also check out these Jessica Rabbit quotes from the one-of-a-kind toon human.
Memorable Donny Darko quotes
1. Donny: “How can you do that?”
Frank: “I can do anything I want. And so can you.”
You will also enjoy our article on The Karate Kid quotes.
2. “Destruction is a form of creation.” ― Donnie Darko
You will also enjoy our article on Severance quotes.
3. “How’s it feel to have a wacko for a son?” ― Donnie
You will also enjoy our article on Rapunzel quotes.
4. “Some people are just born with tragedy in their blood.” ― Gretchen
You will also enjoy our article on Polar Express quotes.
5. “You are a fear prisoner. Yes, you are a product of fear.” ― Donnie Darko
You will also enjoy our article on Jack Sparrow quotes.
6. “The children have to save themselves these days because the parents have no clue.” ― Karen Pomeroy
7. “I just hope, that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief…because there will be so much to look forward to.” ― Donnie Darko
8. “Life isn’t that simple. I mean who cares if Ling Ling returns the wallet and keeps the money? It has nothing to do with either fear or love.” ― Donnie Darko
9. “I was in jail once. I mean I accidentally burned down this house. It was abandoned, but still, I got held back in school and I can’t drive until I’m 21. But I’m over all of that. I… I… I’m painting and stuff. Writing. I want to be a writer, or maybe a painter, I don’t know, or maybe both. I’ll write a book and draw the pictures. Then maybe people will understand me. I don’t know, change things.” ― Donnie Darko
10. “Do you want your sister to lose weight? Tell her to get off the couch, stop eating twinkies, and maybe go out for field hockey. You know what? No one ever knows what they want to be when they grow up. You know it takes a little, little while to find that out, right, Jim? And you… yeah, you. Sick of some jerk shoving your head down the toilet? Well, you know what? Maybe… you should lift some weights, or uh, take a karate lesson, and the next time he tries to do it, you kick him in the balls.” ― Donnie Darko
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of The Lighthouse quotes that will leave you questioning your sanity.
Donnie Darko quotes to make you think
11. “I’ve been watching you. Come closer.” ― Frank
12. “Every living creature on this earth dies alone.” ― Roberta Sparrow
13. “Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions.” ― Kitty Farmer
14. “When it reminds you how beautiful the world can be?” ― Donnie Darko
15. “I promise, that one day, everything’s going to be better for you.” ― Donnie Darko
16. “If this world were to end, there would only be you… and him… and no one else.” ― Dr. Lilian Thurman
17. “I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief because there will be so much to look forward to.” ― Donnie Darko
18. “If the sky were to suddenly open up, there would be no law, there would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories.” ― Dr. Lilian Thurman
If you enjoy this article, check out our collection of Ratched quotes to keep you in suspense.
Best Donnie Darko quotes
19. Donnie: “I made a new friend today.”
Dr. Lilian Thurman: “Real or imaginary?”
20. “The search for God is absurd?” ― Dr. Lilian Thurman
You will also enjoy our article on Maze Runner quotes.
21. “This could be the death of an entire way of life, the end of an era…” ― Karen Pommeroy
22. “28 days… six hours… 42 minutes… 12 seconds. That… is when the world… will end.” ― Frank
23. “Did you stop and think that maybe infants need darkness? That maybe darkness is part of their natural environment?” ― Donnie Darko
24. “What if you could go back in time, and take all those hours of pain and darkness and replace them with something better?” ― Gretchen
25. “I don’t think that you have a clue what it’s like to communicate with these kids. We are losing them to apathy… to this prescribed nonsense. They are slipping away.” ― Karen Pomeroy
You might also like these Marvin the Martian quotes that will take you back to your childhood.
Which of these Donnie Darko quotes is your favorite?
Donnie Darko is based on Donnie waking up one day and sleepwalking outside to see a monstrous demon dressed rabbit who tells him about the end of the world in 28 days.
The movie is set in Virginia in 1988 and follows how Donnie reacts to the news of the end of the world and the events leading up to the time.
Throughout the movie, Donnie continues to see and hear the rabbit and his parents send him to a psychologist.
Although no one seems to understand what is going on with Donnie, the rabbit, named Frank, continues to appear to Donnie and often talks him into doing things that he would never have done before.
If you would like to find out what happens to Donnie when the time is up for the world according to Frank, then make sure you watch Donnie Darko today.
Di you enjoy reading these Donnie Darko quotes and sayings?
Which of the quotes is your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section below.