The most important people in your life should know how much they are appreciated, and these thank you quotes will help you tell them in a meaningful way.
Appreciate the people in your life. Whether it’s your parents, siblings, teachers, spouse, friends or boss, the people in your life play a very important role. They are in your life so you can make new memories, learn new things, grow and make your time on earth worthwhile.
Many times, people take for granted what they have until it’s gone. They only appreciate what they had once they experience losing it. When you have someone that’s dear and special to you, learn to say thank you to them, and treat them as a gift in life.
Life is short, so make sure those close to you know how grateful and happy you are to have them in your life. Treat them with love and passion because tomorrow is never promised.
If you’re looking for a way to show others how much they mean to you, these inspirational appreciation quotes will help you do just that! They will help you honor the good in others,
Even if you’re going through a difficult period, there is still something to be grateful for. It doesn’t have to be big. Give thanks for your life, for the clothes on your back, for the roof over your head, and for everything that makes you who you are.
To help you appreciate the important things in your life, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful thank you quotes, thank you sayings, and thank you proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to also check out our compilation of quotes about home that will remind you there’s no place like it.
Thank you quotes celebrating family, friends, and life
1. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” – Kristin Armstrong
2. “I am grateful for all of my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties.” — James Cash Penney
3. “There’s no possible way, I could ever repay, How I wish, there were more I could do, But, I thank you my friend, my friend to the end” – Jim Thistle
4. “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” — Oscar Wilde
5. “The truth is, not saying ‘thank you’ does more damage than actually saying ‘thank you’ does good.” – Tommy Wyatt
6. “I feel a very unusual sensation – if it is not indigestion, it must be gratitude.” – Benjamin Disraeli
7. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.”— Eileen Caddy
8. “Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” Hansa Proverb
9. “You changed my life without even trying, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much you mean to me. I can’t imagine what things would be like if I hadn’t met you.” – Steve Mara
10. “A friend is what the heart needs all the time. Be thankful for having them.” —Henry Van Dyke
Also read this collection of the best grateful quotes on the importance of giving thanks.
Thank you quotes to help you tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them
11. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” — Roy T. Bennett
12. “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” — Jeff Miller
13. “I want to thank you for the profound joy I’ve had in the in the thought of you.” – Rosie Alison
14. “I appreciate you more because of the road I’ve traveled. My story brought me to you and I wouldn’t revise a word of my past if it led me anywhere but to your door.” – Aaron Polson
15. “If we magnified blessings as much as we magnify disappointments, we would all be much happier.” — John Wooden
16. “Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.” – Alfred Painter
17. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” — Epictetus
18. “My family is my life and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.”– Michael Imperioli
19. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” – Voltaire
20. “Now is no time to think about what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” – Ernest Hemingway
Don’t forget to also read these thankful quotes and sayings that will change your perspective.
Thank you quotes to help you acknowledge the good within others
21. “God gave us our relatives; thank God we can choose our friends.” — Ethel Watts Mumford
22. “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
23. “Our love grows stronger with each passing day. I feel God has blessed us with a great love and I am so thankful.” – Kate Summers
24. “Let me always count my blessings. To be thankful for my family and friends. To be thankful for the simple things that life has to offer.” – Catherine Pulsifer
25. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all other virtues.” – Cicero
26. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
27. “Thank you, Mom. We will always be grateful for the life lessons you taught and the love you shared.” – Sandra Bullock Smith
28. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph Blum
29. “God gave you a gift of 84,600 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say thank you?” ― William Arthur Ward
30. “You could’ve had anyone in the world, but you chose me. Thank you.” – Anthony T. Hincks
Thank you quotes to share with the people who have made a difference in your life
31. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
32. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.”– Anthony Liccione
33. “You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got.” – Viki King
34. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
35. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.” — Thomas Aquinas
36. “Friends like you make life’s challenging moments more bearable. Thanks for being you.” – Catherine Pulsifer
37. “A little “thank you” that you will say to someone for a “little favor” shown to you is a key to unlock the doors that hide unseen “greater favors”. Learn to say “thank you” and why not?” ― Israelmore Ayivor
38. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” – Jacques Maritain
39. “If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together. Keep me in your heart. I’ll be there forever.”– Winnie the Pooh
40. “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Northrup Christiane
Thank you quotes to help you express your gratitude
41. “I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.” – Rita Mae Brown
42. “Because my teacher believed in me, I never gave up. Now I am flying towards my dreams.”– Heidi McDonald
43. “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.”– Albert Clarke
44. “Dear Mom, thanks for always being there for me, loving me, caring for me. No one can ever replace you in my heart.” — Anonymous
45. “Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.” — Mother Teresa
46. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. I have a wonderful relationship with my brother and sister; this makes me feel that I know always where I belong.” – Jose Carreras
47. “Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
48. “At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
49. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
50. “Imagine when you die and get to heaven, you will encounter friends who say, “Thank you for investing in me. I’m in heaven because of you! I’m not your friend for life; I’m your friend for eternity.” – David Jeremiah
More thank you quotes and sayings
51. “You are part of my story, memory and scenery, thank you.” – Kim Taehyung
52. “Thank you for being such a beautiful friend. I am in awe of you.” – Scott Stabile
53. “Well, there’s not a day goes by when I don’t get up and say thank you to somebody.” – Rod Stewart
54. “Thank you for life, and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living.” – Travis Barker
55. “Take time to be kind and to say ‘thank you.'” – Zig Ziglar
56. “We all have our down days, but it’s not hard to smile and say, ‘Thank you.'” – Yvette Nicole Brown
57. “Feeling good about your life, but not expressing a heartfelt ‘thank you,’ is like wrapping a gift for someone and never giving it to them.” – Chip Conley
58. “Everyone needs to know how to accept compliments and say thank you.” – Matt Czuchry
59. “Inspire your children. I promise, your kids will think you’re cool if you do this. They may not tell you that now, but they’ll thank you later in life.” – Laura Marano
60. “I love where I come from. The people there are good people. When they say, ‘Thank you,’ they mean it.” – Luke Perry
Which of these thank you quotes was your favorite?
How often do you tell the people in your life how much you appreciate them? Probably not many times because you think they already know and it seems unnecessary to state the obvious.
Let the people in your life know that they are appreciated. Your words of appreciation and gratitude will certainly mean a lot to them. Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to acknowledge the good in others.
Did you enjoy these thank you quotes? Which of the quotes was your favorite? Let us know in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share with your friends and followers.
May 5, 2019 7:31 AM EST