If you’re in search of inspiration John F. Kennedy quotes, we have an amazing collection for you to enjoy.
For anyone who was alive on the day JFK was assassinated on November 22, 1963, they knew exactly where they were in the moment he lost his life.
On national television, audiences watched in horror as the 35th US President was cruelly gunned down beside his wife in a moving vehicle.
That day, the world lost a truly great patriot of the American people who continues to inspire today even decades after his untimely death.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the 35th U.S. president and also a civil rights activist.
John F. Kennedy, as he is lovingly called, was a man of ambition and intelligence, but without the air of conceit usually present in some men similar to his position.
Despite the difficult issues he faced during his term (e.g. Cuban Missile Crisis and civil rights for African American citizens), he still managed to shine and perform his duties.
A few of his notable accomplishments included: the creation of the Peace Corps, and the Alliance for Progress with Latin America, as well as successful negotiations for the Limited Nuclear Test Ban Treaty with Great Britain and the Soviet Union.
Looking for memorable John F. Kennedy quotes?
He inspired many Americans to take a more active role for their country. As thus, these John F. Kennedy quotes will surely instill the same level of motivation in you today.
You may also enjoy our collection of Frederick Douglass quotes.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
If you enjoy this collection, check out our inspirational quotes category page.
Inspirational John F. Kennedy quotes about War, America, and Democracy
1. “Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.” – John F. Kennedy
2. “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
3. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” – John F. Kennedy
4. “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.” – John F. Kennedy
5. “The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.” – John F. Kennedy
6. “Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.” – John F. Kennedy
7. “All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words ‘Ich bin ein Berliner!’” – John F. Kennedy
8. “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.” – John F. Kennedy
9. “The pay is good and I can walk to work.” – John F. Kennedy
10. “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” – John F. Kennedy
Best John F. Kennedy quotes about the sea
11. “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” – John F. Kennedy
12. “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” – John F. Kennedy
13. “The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.” – John F. Kennedy
14. “Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.” – John F. Kennedy
15. “The tax on capital gains directly affects investment decisions, the mobility and flow of risk capital… the ease or difficulty experienced by new ventures in obtaining capital, and thereby the strength and potential for growth in the economy.” – John F. Kennedy
16. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” – John F. Kennedy
17. “Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.” – John F. Kennedy
18. “There are many people in the world who really don’t understand-or say they don’t-what is the great issue between the free world and the Communist world. Let them come to Berlin!” – John F. Kennedy
19. “Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder.” – John F. Kennedy
20. “Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes…can no longer be of concern to great powers alone.” – John F. Kennedy
Top quotes by John F. Kennedy about idealism and courage
21. “I’m an idealist without illusions.” – John F. Kennedy
22. “Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.” – John F. Kennedy
23. “My brother Bob doesn’t want to be in government – he promised Dad he’d go straight.” – John F. Kennedy
24. “A man does what he must – in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures – and that is the basis of all human morality.” – John F. Kennedy
25. “The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.” – John F. Kennedy
If you’re enjoying this article, make sure to also check out these quotes by famous people about life, love and success.
Did you enjoy these John F. Kennedy quotes?
The assassination of John F. Kennedy is considered to be a national tragedy.
Regardless of the struggles he faced during his term, he was seen by many as a man of vision.
To most people up to this day, he was a hero – someone who could have done far more if not for his untimely death.
John F. Kennedy was shot twice by Lee Harvey Oswald on November 1963.
He died at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
No matter how you choose to remember him, these powerful John F. Kennedy quotes will hopefully stay with you as remembrance of a great man.
August 10, 2022 4:30 PM EST