These thankful quotes will help you look at your life through a new lens.
Life can be hard, and everyone goes through difficult periods from time to time.
During those times, it’s easy to only focus on the bad things.
Tell us your favorite thankful quote in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
What are the benefits of reading these thankful quotes?
The more you focus on the bad, the harder it is to notice the good things that you have in your life.
That’s why it’s so important to keep a mindset of gratitude at all times.
Focusing on what you’re thankful for instead of all the problems in your life can change how you think of everything.
Being thankful and focusing on the positive can:
- lower your stress and pain levels
- increase your physical and mental well-being
- improve your heart health and lower your risk of illness
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful thankful quotes and sayings collected from various sources over the years.
Also, check out these gratitude quotes celebrating life and love.
If you like this article, we suggest you explore our most popular quotes article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily encouragement.
Check out more inspirational quotes on our motivational quotes category page.
Thankful quotes for when you feel like you don’t have enough
1. “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
You will also enjoy our article on blessed quotes.
2. “If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.”— Steve Maraboli
You will also enjoy our article on happy thanksgiving quotes.
3. “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.”— Rumi
You will also enjoy our article on thank God quotes.
4. “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
You will also enjoy our article on ungrateful quotes.
5. “I’m just thankful I’m surrounded by good people.” – Jon Pardi
You will also enjoy our article on November quotes.
6. “There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.” – Joyce Meyer
You will also enjoy our article on water quotes.
7. “We don’t need more to be thankful for, we just need to be more thankful.” – Carlos Castaneda
You will also enjoy our article on Dr Seuss quotes.
8. “Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” – Ellen Hopkins
You will also enjoy our article on generosity quotes.
9. “When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.” – Tecumseh
You will also enjoy our article on encouraging quotes.
10. “Take as a gift whatever the day brings forth.” – Horace
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
Thankful Quotes for appreciating your family
11. “My advice: Take a second out of the day and be thankful for your family.” – Jenna Morasca
You will also enjoy our article on gratitude quotes.
12. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
You will also enjoy our article on transformation quotes.
13. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
You will also enjoy our article on Friday quotes.
14. “I am thankful for each and every day that I am blessed to receive, to spend in this life with my family.” – Karen Madewell
15. “Rest and be thankful.” – William Wordsworth
16. “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
17. “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
18. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family.” – Lee Lacocca
Don’t forget to read these grateful quotes that will transform your perspective.
Thankful quotes on the power of gratitude
19. “It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich!” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
20. “You ought to be thankful a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you’re lucky you’re not!” – Dr. Seuss
21. “Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build their philosophy of life.”- A.J. Cronin
22. “Without gratitude and appreciation for what you already have, you’ll never know true fulfillment.” – Tony Robbins
23. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” —Oprah Winfrey
25. “When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself.”—Tecumseh
26. “…I’m so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much.” – L.M. Montgomery
27. “Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, to work, to play, and to look up at the stars.” – Henry Van Dyke
28. “The best way to appreciate life is to be grateful.” – Wisdom Kwashie Mensah
29. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out, and the tide of love rushes in.” — Kristin Armstrong
30. “Gratitude is one of the most medicinal emotions we can feel. It elevates our moods and fills us with joy.” — Sara Avant Stover
31. “The essence of all beautiful art is gratitude.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
Inspiration thankful quotes
32. “When you are grateful – when you can see what you have – you unlock blessings to flow in your life.” – Suze Orman
33. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.” — Henry Ward Beecher
34. “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
35. “There is something that happens when you are grateful: You continue to keep receiving blessings. So I will always be grateful.” — Chrissy Metz
36. “Blessed are those who give without remembering and take without forgetting.” – Elizabeth Bibesco
37. “I’m thankful for every moment.” – Al Green
38. “Thankfulness, gratitude and being able to serve others are the foundation of character.”- Jim Loehr
39. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”- W. Clement Stone
40. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life.” – Gerald Good
Being thankful for friends quotes
41. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”- Marcel Proust
42. “Since our yesterdays are gone and tomorrow is never promised, today I want to thank all my amazing friends and family for being in my life.”- Steven Aitchison
43. “I’m always grateful for this moment, the now, no matter what it takes.”- Eckhart Tolle
44. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”- William Arthur Ward
45. “I am what I am, I am doing very well in my life, and I’m thankful to God for that.”- LL Cool J
46. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.”— Randy Rausch
47. “When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.” – Elie Wiesel
48. “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” – William Blake
49. “Thank you for life and all the little ups and downs that make it worth living.” – Travis Barker
50. “I never met a bitter person who was thankful. Or a thankful person who was bitter.” – Nick Vujicic
Don’t forget to read these manifestation quotes that will elevate your perspective.
Other thankful quotes to brighten your day
51. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
52. “Thanks for this day, for all birds safe in their nests, for whatever this is, for life.” – Barbara Kingsolver
53. “Life is the most important thing. I thank God for the gift of life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
54. “When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect towards others.” – Dalai Lama
55. “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.” – Shauna Niequist
56. “Be thankful for the moments, the things you have, and the life you live.” – Wazim Shaw
57. “So grateful for the people who heard me when I was silent and saw me when I was invisible.” – Steve Maraboli
58. “Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is good spirituality.” – Alfred Agache
59. “‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say.”—Alice Walker
60. “Let all your thinks be thanks.” – W.H. Auden
Inspirational Thankful Quotes
61. “The thankful heart opens our eyes to a multitude of blessings that continually surround us.” – James E. Faust
62. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
63. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” – Albert Barnes
64. “Reflect upon your present blessings – of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
65. “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” – Henry A. Ironside
66. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
67. “Don’t let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone.” – Stephen King
68. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
69. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” – Hannah Whitall Smith
70. “Keep your eyes open to your mercies. The man who forgets to be thankful has fallen asleep in life.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Inspirational Thankful Quotes to Express Your Appreciation and Be Grateful
71. “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
72. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgiving, turn routine jobs into joy and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” – William Arthur Ward
73. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
74. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
75. “Take full account of what excellencies you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not.” – Marcus Aurelius
76. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” – Maya Angelou
77. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” – Melody Beattie
78. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
79. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
80. “Gratitude goes beyond the ‘mine’ and ‘thine’ and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift.” – Henri J. M. Nouwen
Thankful Quotes To Help Others Find Joy in Gratefulness
81. “My first thought in the morning is thank you for another day.” ― Karon Waddell
82. “Gratefulness heightens awareness.” ― A.D. Posey
83. “A great life evolves with gratitude.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
84. “Thanksgiving is an attitude that must be rooted in the ‘gift of life’ if we ever hope to be thankful for the ‘gifts’ of life.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
85. “Have the wisdom to perceive all there is to be thankful for, and then be thankful for the wisdom to perceive things so clearly.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
86. “Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” ― Alan Cohen
87. “You will find joy in everyday life with a heart of thankfulness.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
88. “The more grateful you are, the more your life overflows with abundance.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
89. “Be thankful for the disasters that warn you clearly before they come!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
90. “When things are bad, be thankful…they are not as bad as they could be.” ― Dixie Waters
Blessed and thankful quotes
91. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.”—Willie Nelson
92. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” —W. T. Purkiser
93. “For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.”—Elie Wiesel
94. “I’m blessed and I thank God for every day for everything that happens for me.” – Lil Wayne
95. “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.”—Bethany Hamilton
96. “Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks.” – Thomas Goodwin
97. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.”—Anthony Robbins
98. “When I look back on my life as a whole, it is impossible for me not to feel blessed.” – George Best
99. “Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful.”—Al Jarreau
100. “I’m too grateful to be hateful. I am too blessed to be stressed.” – El DeBarge
Thankful Quotes To Encourage The Light Of Gratitude into Your Life
101. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
102. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: It must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” — William Faulkner
103. “Express gratitude for the greatness of small things.” ― Richie Norton
104. “Always be thankful for the little things… even the smallest mountains can hide the most breathtaking views!” – Nyki Mack
105. “Be grateful in your own hearts. That suffices. Thanksgiving has wings, and flies to its right destination.” —Victor Hugo
106. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” — Frank A. Clark
107. “Gratitude is not just about being thankful for the good things in our life; it is about being thankful for everything in our life.” ― Nadine Sadaka Boulos
108. “Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is good spirituality.” — Alfred Painter
109. “The heart that gives thanks is a happy one, for we cannot feel thankful and unhappy at the same time.” — Douglas Wood
110. “To be thankful for one thing is infinitely more powerful than to be bitter about a hundred others.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
Thankfu Quotes for the Art Of Appreciation
111. “Be thankful for problems. If they were less difficult, someone with less ability might have your job.” ― Jim Lovell
112. “In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican.” ― H. L. Mencken
113. “If you can’t be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.” ― Izaak Walton
114. “It’s not easy being grateful all the time. But it’s when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you.” ― Oprah Winfrey
115. “Every time we remember to say “thank you”, we experience nothing less than heaven on earth.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
116. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” ― Henri Frederic Amiel
117. “Imitate until you emulate; match and surpass those who launched you. It’s the highest form of thankfulness.” ― Mark Victor Hansen
118. “Work hard, don’t quit, be appreciative, be thankful, be grateful, be respectful, also to never whine ever, never complain, and, always, for crying out loud, keep a sense of humor.” ― Michael Keaton
119. “Life is beautiful. You have to be thankful that we are living. Wherever you look is beauty. I know about the bad things, but I look for the good things.” ― Alice Herz-Sommer
120. “How can I find the shining word, the glowing phrase that tells all that your love has meant to me, all that your friendship spells? There is no word, no phrase for you on whom I so depend. All I can say to you is this, God bless you precious friend.” ― Grace Noll Crowell
What are you thankful for?
Hopefully, reading through these quotes helped you think of the things you’re thankful for in your life.
Gratitude is powerful and can change your outlook and attitude in the future.
However, it’s important to understand that gratitude is not a one-and-done thing.
If you don’t continue to think about the things you’re thankful for, it’s easy to forget.
That’s why you should take at least a few minutes out of each day to think about those things.
It can also be helpful to keep a gratitude list that you can read when you need to be reminded of all those things.
What’s your biggest takeaway from these thankful quotes and sayings?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.