The most precious gift you will ever have in life, these family quotes and sayings will remind you of those special beings you’re bound together with.
Keep reading to discover quotes about family that you can share with those amazing people in your life who make your heart smile.
Irrespective of whether big or small, families are an important aspect of society. To many people, family means everything.
Among other numerous benefits, our families provide us a sense of belonging, security, and more happiness and satisfaction.
And for those who can’t provide for themselves, the family is tasked with helping meet their basic needs.
In many cases, only your family members will accept you for who you are. Your family is your blood and it’s the only place where your life begins and love never ends.
In that respect, here is a collection of inspirational, loving, and happy family quotes, family sayings, and family proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years. Enjoy!
Inspirational Family quotes about love and happiness
1. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” —George Bernard Shaw
2. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” ― George Burns
3. “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
4. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
5. “I love my family because they are always there for me even in my most fragile moments.” ― Gift Gugu Mona
6. “Family life contributes immensely to an individual’s happiness. Only in a happy home life can complete contentment be found.” – Dorothea S. Koppliln
7. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” – Mother Teresa
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of inspiring Mother Teresa quotes on kindness, love, and charity.
8. “Family is where life begins & love never ends.” – Unknown
9. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” – Friedrich Nietzche
10. “Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. Having both is a blessing.” – Unknown
Also, read these blended family quotes to share with your loved ones.
Family quotes that remind us about the importance of our loved ones
11. “Family life is too intimate to be preserved by the spirit of justice. It can be sustained by a spirit of love which goes beyond justice.”– Reinhold Niebuhr
12. “Spread love. Hug the people you care about and make sure they know that you care and appreciate them. Make it known to your friends and family that you love them.” ― Germany Kent
13. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
14. “Tennis just a game, family is forever.” – Serena Williams
15. “I think family is key, and if you have love for family, then you have love for others – and you have unity as a people.” – Marlon Wayans
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of unity quotes about bringing people together.
16. “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
17. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.”- Anthony Liccione
18. “It’s very important to prioritize. I know, for me, my family comes first. That makes every decision very easy.” – Jada Pinkett Smith
19. “I sustain myself with the love of family.” – Maya Angelou
20. “Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don’t let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family.” – Josiah
Don’t forget to also check out these inspirational step dad quotes that will make you appreciate your blended family.
Inspirational family quotes about problems and struggles
21. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
22. “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching — they are your family. ” ― Jim Butcher
23. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” —Anthony Brandt
24. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” – Rick Riordan
25. “Every family is dysfunctional, whether you want to admit it or not.” – Shailene Woodley
26. “No family is sane, is it?” – Rebecca Hall
27. “Family is a unique gift that needs to be appreciated and treasured, even when they’re driving you crazy. As much as they make you mad, interrupt you, annoy you, curse at you, try to control you, these are the people who know you the best and who love you.” – Jenna Morasca
28. “Family quarrels are bitter things. They don’t go according to any rules. They’re not like aches or wounds, they’re more like splits in the skin that won’t heal because there’s not enough material.”– F. Scott Fitzgerald
29. “Sometimes problems don’t require a solution to solve them; instead they require maturity to outgrow them.”
– Steve Maraboli
30. “It’s frightening seeing in ourselves the same ingredients as dysfunctional members of our families. Fortunately, as it is with baking, the proportions, mix, and temperature of the exact same ingredients can yield anything from burnt cookies to elegant soufflés.”– Alan Robert Neal
Quotes about family values
31. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” ― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina
32. “In modern life, we tend to forget family values because of the hectic schedule.” – Mahesh Babu
33. “Let us nurture the practice of family values, by embracing policies that value families.” – Benjamin Todd
34. “The most important parts of building a family are “God’s Love” and “Meaningful Friendships.” ― Phil Mitchell
35. “Real family values have gone down the drain in modern families.” – Wes Borland
36. “Thank God I had all these family values or who knows where I’d be now.” – Patricia Velasquez
37. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, is in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
38. “Life is a secret lease from God and we should not allow ourselves to be bruised. Family life is our strength and success.” – Joseph Losery
39. “Family time is sacred time and should be protected and respected.” – Boyd K. Packer
40. “Family: like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.” – Unknown
Don’t forget to also read these inspiring grandkids quotes that will make you smile.
Quotes about family love and being together
41. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” – Barbara Bush
42. “Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” – Paul Ryan
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of community quotes about the power of connecting with others.
43. “I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.”– Barbara Bush
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Barbara Bush quotes that will help you understand the complexities of life.
44. “Love is just a feeling of togetherness and openness in your heart….” – Ken Keyes Jr.
45. “Togetherness, passion, laughter, faith, trust, and jealousy are the essential ingredients of love.” – Shahrukh Khan
46. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
47. “If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable — each segment distinct.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
48. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
49. Love your family. Spend time, be kind & serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised & today is short.-Unknown
Family quotes and sayings celebrating the most precious gift you will ever have in life
50. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
51. “Many men can make a fortune but very few can build a family.” – J.S. Bryan
52. “A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother.” – Ben Franklin
53. “You need a strong family because at the end, they will love you and support you unconditionally. Luckily, I have my dad, mom and sister.” – Esha Gupta
54. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” – George Bernard Shaw
55. “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.” – David Ogden Stiers
56. “It doesn’t matter how much money you have. If you have family, you’re rich. All the money in the world could never compare to the love of a family.”
57. “We must take care of our families wherever we find them.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
58. “In family relationships, love is really spelled T.I.M.E.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
59. “You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.” – Anita Baker
60. “Seeing the family is a very important part of my weekend.” – Susannah York
Have seen these insightful brotherhood quotes on the power of family?
Family quotes to elevate your perspective
61. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” – Albert Einstein
62. “This is my family. I found it all on my own. It’s little, and broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good.” – Stitch
63. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
64. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.”― Alex Haley
65. “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.” – Michael Imperioli
66. “Family, friends and relationships are the blessings of the God. They are the best way to access God.”― Amit Ray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blessed quotes to help you idenity the blessings in your life.
67. “Family is more than blood.”― Cassandra Clare
68. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues… are created, strengthened and maintained.” – Winston Churchill
69. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.”― Louis Zamperini
70. “Spending time with the ones who are dear to you is like being in a dream, is it not?”― Sakura Tsukuba
71. “The home is the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose, and that is to support the ultimate career.”― C.S. Lewis
72. “Bond is stronger than blood. The family grows stronger by bond.”― Itohan Eghide
73. “The best way to feel family is being part of it.”― Miguel Ángel Sáez Gutiérrez
74. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” – Peter Buffett
75. “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved.”― Victor Hugo
76. “The core of any family is what is changeless, what is going to be there──shared vision and values.”― Stephen R. Covey
Other inspirational family quotes and sayings
77. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.”– Wanda Hope Carter
78. “Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.”
– Andre Maurois
79. “Family is the most important thing in the world.”– Princess Diana
80. “Family isn’t defined only by last names or by blood; it’s defined by commitment and by love.” – Dave Willis
81. “At the end of the day, a loving family should find everything forgivable.”– Mark V. Olsen
82. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca
83. “Family ties mean that no matter how much you might want to run from your family, you can’t!”– Unknown
84. “Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.” – George W. Bush
85. “The family is the first essential cell of human society.”– Pope John XXIII
More family quotes and sayings
86. “The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” – Thomas Jefferson
87. “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
88. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
89. “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” – Elizabeth Berg
90. “God is the designer of the family.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
91. “Mothers are our world. Sisters are our sky. Daughters are our stars. Women are our universe.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
92. “Keep them close if they love you for living in your truth. But weigh their intentions if they love you for living in their truth.” – Mitta Xinindlu
93. “Families weren’t like a box of standardized-test-taking number two pencils. Families were like a box of assorted-color Sharpie markers: different, kinda stinky (but not in a bad way), and permanent whether you liked it or not.” – Roshani Chokshi
94. “The best of investments is your family.” – Atalay Aydın
95. “Family is your greatest gift and your greatest challenge.” – Bert McCoy
96. “Family is a candle burning at both ends – stay in the middle for as long as you can.” – Bert McCoy
Did you enjoy these Family quotes and sayings?
Although the definition of family might have evolved over time, its importance still remains.
When we have family, it becomes easier to handle the challenges we encounter because we don’t have to face them alone.
Overall, family is many things. It’s love and support, a shoulder to lean on, a meaningful connection, and an incredible and unbreakable bond.
Hopefully, these quotes about family have reminded you why your loved ones matter.
Which of these quotes was your favorite? Do you have any other family quotes to add to the list? Tell us in the comment section below.
March 17, 2021 6:00 AM EST