If you could use a little pick me up today, check out these Joyce Meyer quotes.
Joyce Meyer is an American Bible teacher, speaker, and author.
She is the head of a large nonprofit organization—Joyce Meyer Ministries.
She travels the world sharing the message of God and the Bible.
The organization runs the Hand of Hope ministry which workes in things like anti-human trafficking, disaster relief, feeding programs, refugee relief, water relief, and more.
Joyce Meyer shares encouraging and motivational messages from the Bible while sharing her own story of being the victim of childhood abuse and her process of healing and forgiveness.
If you’re going through difficult times, you may find encouragement in these Joyce Meyer quotes.
Don’t forget to also check out these Joel Osteen quotes on love, life and destiny.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quotes category page has all of our motivational quotes for all the different areas of life.
Joyce Meyer quotes about moving forward
1. “You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: No one is saying change is not painful. It absolutely is. However, if your choices, actions, behaviors, or decisions are bringing you suffering, than you are experiencing pain either way. It is your choice to decide the type of pain you are willing to go through.
2. “Anytime we step out boldly to make changes, we take a chance that we might fail. But the only way to get better is to try.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: It is incredibly brave to take the steps to try to change. Not only are we facing our traumas and our past, but the very real idea that we might fail. However, trying in itself is helpful. You might not make it this time around, but you will learn some lessons and grow! Trying is the only way we will ever accomplish anything.
3. “Change is always tough. Even for those who see themselves as agents of change, the process of starting a new thing can cause times of disorientation, uncertainty, and insecurity.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: All change is uncomfortable because it pushes us past our comfort zone. If you can make yourself more comfortable with being self-aware and understanding your insecurities, you can make the process a little easier. Also, shift your mindset that creating change is a learning opportunity and not something you will succeed or fail at.
4. “One mistake does not have to rule a person’s entire life.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: One mistake does not define a person. A pattern of behavior is a more accurate representation of who someone is. We are all human and make mistakes. If you have made a particularly big mistake, what you choose to do about it will say more about you than the mistake itself!
You will also enjoy our article on cactus quotes.
5. “We must not use our past as an excuse to stay in bondage.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Pasts can be traumatizing and painful. That pain can be overwhelming emotionally, and create neuropathways in your brain that help to form behavior. However, you can break free of your past traumas, mistakes, or bad decisions. It is going to take a lot of work, and most likely therapy, but breaking free is worth it!
6. “God’s mercy is fresh and new every morning.” – Joyce Meyer
7. “If your inner life is not producing what you would like on the outside, don’t be discouraged, just be willing to change.” – Joyce Meyer
8. “Our joy does not have to be based on our circumstances.” – Joyce Meyer
Joyce Meyer quotes for overcoming fear and obstacles
9. “Courage is fear that has said its prayers and decided to go forward anyway.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Being courageous does not mean that you are not afraid. It means that you do what you need to do to face your fears. Then you find the strength to push forward despite the fear you feel.
10. “If you don’t learn to control your thoughts, you will never learn how to control your behavior.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Your thoughts are the building blocks for your behavior. How you think becomes the way you behave. How you behave creates your habits. Common thought problems occur when we ruminate, engage in negative self-talk, or have a pessimistic outlook. You can control your thoughts by being aware of them and questioning them.
11. “During a storm, hope gives us the ability to look at things as they are and still be confident that something better is coming.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Hope is not some delusional state of being where everything is perfect. In fact, when we have the most hope is often when the situation seems impossible. However, it is the hope we have that things will get better that gives us the strength to make it through!
12. “Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus but you don’t have to sit on it.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Bad things happen, and many times they are beyond our control. You probably did not ask for the “cactus” you were given in the first place. However, what you do with it is solely up to you. You can put it in a pretty pot on the window sill in the sun and marvel at uniqueness of the plant. Or you can sit on it. Choose wisely!
13. “Nobody can be set free from a problem until they’re willing to admit they have one.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Problem solving involves understanding what needs to change. If you are not willing to admit there is a problem in the first place, then you will not be able to identify your mistakes and readjust. In order to create the kind of change required to fix a problem, you have to be honest with yourself.
14. “If you can’t learn to enjoy your life when you have problems, you may never enjoy it because we’ll always have problems.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Problems, pain, and unfortunate events are unavoidable in life. It is how we react to it that makes all the difference. Learning to be more grateful and focus on the positive things is a great way to learn to enjoy life. Instead of saying, “I will be happy when…” learn to say, “I am happy because…” Your life will become much more enjoyable!
15. “If you stay busy thinking about right things, the devil won’t be able to fill your mind with wrong things.” – Joyce Meyer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of devil quotes that will help you triumph against evil.
16. “Hope is a favorable and confident expectation; it’s an expectant attitude that something good is going to happen and things will work out, no matter what situation we’re facing.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Having hope can make all the difference in your life. It isn’t always easy to choose to be hopeful. However, being hopeful makes for a much more enjoyable life than being hopeless. Want to have more hope in your life? Start by knowing what you are thankful for, limit the amount of bad news (and negative people) in your life, and look for meaning in the moments when it is hardest to find any.
You will also enjoy our article on niece quotes.
Motivational Joyce Meyer quotes
17. “The great thing about an attitude is that it’s yours and you can change it.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: There are not many things in our lives that we can control. However, our thoughts, words, and behaviors are all things that we can control. Together each of these things makes up our “attitude.” You can decide to think and react differently than you would have in the past. Check out this article for more on improving your attitude.
18. “The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror.” – Joyce Meyer
19. “When you are tempted to give up, your breakthrough is probably just around the corner.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Have you seen that meme where the guy has his pick axe and is hacking away to find diamonds. Then he turns in defeat, but the viewer can see the diamonds are right there! You might want to shout at him and tell him to keep going. This is advice we can all remember. Just because you can not see that your success is so close, does not negate the fact that it is potentially just one more challenge away. So, keep going!
20. “You can be pitiful, or you can be powerful, but you can’t be both.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: The reason for this is simple. Being pitiful or powerful have completely different mindsets. Your mindset matters because it is going to dictate the way you see things, react, and move forward. Powerful people have a mindset that believes they will finish what they start, and they aren’t afraid to take action and start! They also have positive beliefs about the world and themselves.
21. “Learn how to enjoy where you are on the way to where you’re going.” – Joyce Meyer
22. “So what if you’re not perfect? Nobody else is either.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: No one is perfect. The best you can do each day is be the best version of yourself possible. Put in the work and analyze your thoughts and behaviors. Get comfortable being aware of your weaknesses and using your strengths. You can expect respect and honesty from others. You can expect that they also try their best, but you can not demand perfection.
23. “You can not live your life just based on what everyone else thinks.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: This is your life and no one else’s. So what if people think your dreams and goals are impossible (they aren’t). It doesn’t matter if someone else thinks you are not capable of something. Sure, support is nice, but you don’t need it. What you do need is belief in yourself and the ability to not take other people’s opinions as fact.
24. “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Having a positive attitude does not mean that bad things won’t happen to you. It doesn’t mean you will never experience negative emotions (you are human and those are normal). However, it does mean that you will not let the bad things or negative emotions dictate who you are and what you are capable of. It means that you believe in yourself and your path.
25. “Peace is one of the most precious gifts God has promised His children. I know, because for many years my life was not peaceful, and I was miserable.” – Joyce Meyer
Joyce Meyer quotes about God
26. “God cares about everything that concerns you, so feel free to talk to him about everything.” – Joyce Meyer
27. “Remember God is not surprised by your inabilities, your imperfections, or your faults. He has always known everything about you that you are just now finding out, and he chose you on purpose for himself.” – Joyce Meyer
28. “Every day is a gift from God. Learn to focus on the Giver and enjoy the gift!” – Joyce Meyer
29. “Stop determining your worth and value by what other people say. Be determined by what the Word of God (scriptures)says.” – Joyce Meyer
30. “Instead of concentrating on your problems and getting discouraged, focus on God, and meditate on His promises for you. You may have fallen down, but you don’t have to stay down. God is ready, willing, and able to pick you up.” – Joyce Meyer
31. “We need to do what we can do and let God do what we cannot.” – Joyce Meyer
32. “God is with you, and He’ll help you make spiritual progress–strengthening and encouraging you to keep on keeping on during rough times. It’s easy to quit, but it takes faith to press on to victory.” – Joyce Meyer
33. “The more you trust Jesus and keep your eyes focused on Him, the more life you’ll have. Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest. So stop trying to figure everything out, and let God be God in your life.” – Joyce Meyer
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Bible quotes to get you thinking.
Joyce Meyer quotes about doing the right thing
34. “Spending time with God is the key to our strength and success in all areas of life. Be sure that you never try to work God into your schedule, but always work your schedule around Him.” – Joyce Meyer
35. “Instead of judging people, we need to pray.” – Joyce Meyer
36. “Forgiveness is not a feeling – it’s a decision we make because we want to do what’s right before God.” – Joyce Meyer
37. “We must guard against allowing anger to drag us into sin.” – Joyce Meyer
38. “Forgive the person who badly hurt you long ago and also the stranger who stepped on your toe in the grocery store.” – Joyce Meyer
39. “We can improve our relationships with others by leaps and bounds if we become encouragers instead of critics.” – Joyce Meyer
40. “Happiness is not a feeling, it is a choice. To be happy, one must choose to be happy, not respond to a circumstance that now controls your happiness.” – Joyce Meyer
41. “Compliment people. Magnify their strengths, not their weaknesses.” – Joyce Meyer
42. “Character is doing what you don’t want to do but know you should do.” – Joyce Meyer
More Joyce Meyer quotes
43. “I may not be where I need to be but I thank God I am not where I used to be.” – Joyce Meyer
44. “When you forgive, you must cancel the debt. Do not spend your life paying and collecting debts.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Forgiveness does not mean that you have to go back to the way things were before. In fact, you can (and should) forgive someone even if you remove them from your life. Hanging onto anger and bitterness is like spending your life paying and collecting debts. It will only make you miserable.
45. “Put your expectations on God, not on people.” – Joyce Meyer
46. “The best way to get along with people is to not expect them to be like you.” – Joyce Meyer
47. “There’s no happier person than a truly thankful, content person.” – Joyce Meyer
Everyday Application: Happiness is a choice. Most people who are grateful and content choose to be happy. Sometimes, it can be hard to come up with things to be grateful for. However, even if all you can think of to be grateful for is that you are alive today, than run with that. You being here is a chance to change your world. It is your opportunity to correct yesterday’s mistakes, learn new lessons, and achieve your goals.
48. “Love gives life purpose and meaning.” – Joyce Meyer
49. “You can not live your life just based on what everyone else thinks.” – Joyce Meyer
50. “Everywhere you look you see people searching for love… but they’re looking in the wrong places. God is love, and they will never find what they’re looking for until they find Him.” – Joyce Meyer
Don’t forget to also check out our collection of inspirational quotes for women on strength and leadership.
Do you feel a little more hopeful after reading through these Joyce Meyer quotes?
Encouraging words from someone who has been through difficult times and overcome them can be just the thing that we need to help get us past challenging times.
Many of her messages are about the power of overcoming negative thinking in order to change the impact that life’s challenges have on you.
If you want to hear more from Joyce Meyer, you can check out her website or watch the many YouTube videos of her speaking.
She also has many books you can find through most libraries or to purchase.
Or, you can choose a few of your favorite motivational quotes to continue to look back on each day.
Which of these Joyce Meyer quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other favorite quotes to add?
Let us know in the comment section below.