Zig Ziglar Quotes to Inspire More Love and Less Fear In Your Life
August 13, 2022 5:00 AM EST
Looking for inspirational Zig Ziglar quotes about living your best life?
Zig Ziglar (November 6, 1926–November 28, 2012) was one of the most effective motivators of his generation.
Through his bestselling books and engaging speaking style, Zig Ziglar inspired people with hope, enthusiasm, and zest for life.
He once said, “People often say that motivation doesn’t last.
Well, neither does bathing.
That’s why we recommend it daily.”
Based on his own recommendation, here are 50 quotes by Zig Ziglar to motivate you on a daily basis and keep you growing in a positive direction.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
The Best Success Quotes by Zig Ziglar
1. “It is your attitude, not your aptitude that determines your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
2. “People do not wander around and then find themselves at the top of Mount Everest.” – Zig Ziglar
3. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.” – Zig Ziglar
4. “You can have everything in life you want, if you just help other people get what they want.” – Zig Ziglar
5. “You cannot perform in a manner inconsistent with the way you see yourself.” – Zig Ziglar
6. “Success is dependent upon the glands — sweat glands.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “You cannot make it as a wandering generality. You must become a meaningful specific.” – Zig Ziglar
8. “Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days.” – Zig Ziglar
9. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” – Zig Ziglar
10. “The way you see people is the way you treat them.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
12. “There are seldom, if ever, any hopeless situations, but there are many people who lose hope in the face of some situations.” – Zig Ziglar
13. “Most of us would be upset if we were accused of being ‘silly,’ yet it comes from the old English word ‘seilig’ and its literal definition is ‘to be blessed, happy, healthy and prosperous.’” – Zig Ziglar
14. “Goals don’t care who has them.” – Zig Ziglar
15. “But it wasn’t until I wrote it down; put a date on it; listed the obstacles I had to overcome; identified the people, the groups, the organizations I needed to work with; spelled out a plan of action; set that time limit in there; and identified all of the benefits to me. It was only when I did that, that the goal became a reality — and I lost the weight.” – Zig Ziglar
16. “Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “You cannot tailor make your situation in life, but you can tailor make your attitudes to fit those situations.” – Zig Ziglar
18. “The greatest good we can do for others is not just to share our riches with them, but to reveal theirs.” – Zig Ziglar
19. “Failure is a detour, not a dead-end street.” – Zig Ziglar
20. “Make failure your teacher, not your undertaker.” – Zig Ziglar
Popular quotes by Zig Ziglar
21. “When you set goals, something inside of you starts saying, ‘Let’s go, let’s go,’ and ceilings start to move up.” – Zig Ziglar
22. “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.” – Zig Ziglar
23. “It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.” – Zig Ziglar
24. “You cannot consistently perform in a manner which is inconsistent with the way you see yourself.” – Zig Ziglar
25. “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
Which Zig Ziglar quote was your favorite? What other Zig Ziglar quotes would you add to the list?
Motivation is something that you need to strive for every day.
Don’t be discouraged if you feel uninspired.
If you encounter failure, just keep going.
It’s normal to make mistakes on your way to the top.
Just keep these quotes by Zig Ziglar nearby so they can remind you to always aim for becoming your best self.
See YOU at the top!
June 26, 2021 at 2:21 AM
Zig Ziglar was my utmost inspirational, motivational speaker from early 2000. I was in deep, deep depression and I over came my fears just by playing his cassette over and over. Zig’s voice made me laugh and motivated me so too much. Till this day I’am still loving life magically with happiness… Love, Esmeralda