Laugh along with Ty, Al, and the gang through the Caddyshack quotes below.
In 1980, Caddyshack brought gut-busting comedy to one of the most unlikely places: the golf course.
Tell us your favorite scene from the movie in the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these Caddyshack quotes?
Caddyshack follows a young caddie (Danny Noonan) as he works at a country club to earn enough money for college.
Released in 1980, the film’s ensemble cast includes Chevy Chase, Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, and Cindy Morgan.
It was written by Brian Doyle-Murray, Harold Ramis, and Douglas Kenney and was directed by Ramis.
You can learn several life lessons from the movie (as you will see in the quotes) like:
- ignoring the distractions of life
- don’t take yourself too seriously
- measure your progress against yourself and not others
- you can achieve anything you want if you will put in the work
Although met with an underwhelming response at the film’s initial release, the movie has since gathered a cult following.
Now, it’s often regarded as one of the funniest sports comedy movies of all time.
Check out the film’s funniest moments through the quotes below!
Don’t also forget to check out these Happy Gilmore quotes from Happy, Shooter, and more.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Explore our complete collection of motivational quotes here.
Caddyshack quotes from Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
1. “No one likes a tattletale, Danny… except, of course, me.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
2. “We have a pool and a pond. A pond would be good for you.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
3. “Thank you very little.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
4. “You’re rather attractive, for a beautiful girl with a great body.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
5. “You take drugs, Danny?” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
6. “Remember Danny – Two wrongs don’t make a right, but three rights make a left.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
7. “The shortest distance between two points is a straight line in the complete and opposite direction.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
8. “Don’t be obsessed with your desires, Danny.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
9. “I’m going to give you a little advice. There’s a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
10. “Don’t sell yourself, short Judge, you’re a tremendous slouch.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
11. “Danny, see your future. Be your future.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
12. “Just be the ball, be the ball, be the ball. You’re not being the ball, Danny.” – Ty Webb (Chevy Chase)
Don’t forget to also check out these hilarious Dodgeball quotes.
Caddyshack quotes from Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
13. “Oh, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
14. “He called me a baboon, he thinks I’m his wife.” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
15. “Hey, that kangaroo just took my ball.” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
16. “Let’s go, while we’re young!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
17. “Hey everybody, we’re all gonna get laid!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
18. “With the market these days if you own anything but land you own a popcorn farm.” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
19. “Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must’ve been something before electricity.” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
20. “Country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest wasters of prime real estate!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
21. “Whoa, did somebody step on a duck?” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
22. “Hey, Smails! My dinghy’s bigger than your whole boat!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
23. “The last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it.” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
24. “Are you kiddin’? When I was your age, I would lug fifty pounds of ice up five, six flights of stairs!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
25. “A member? You think I actually want to join this scumatorium? The only reason I’m here is because I might buy it!” – Al Czervik (Rodney Dangerfield)
Don’t forget to check out these Letterkenny quotes that will make you want to pack up and move to Canada.
How do you find humor in everyday life?
When you think of golf, comedy isn’t the first thing that comes to mind.
Caddyshack lightened the tension of golf in a way that had rarely been done before.
Without Caddyshack leading the way, sports comedy movies such as Happy Gilmore, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, and Major League, may never have come to fruition.
One of my favorite things about comedy movies is that they always point to the bright side of a situation.
After the credits roll, I’m usually in a happier, more optimistic mood than when I started the film.
Which of these Caddyshack quotes and lines is your favorite?
What film should we feature next?
Let us know below!
August 24, 2022 5:00 AM EST