These good man quotes will help give you a healthy dose of courage and determination.
If you’re ready to become a better man and live a more fulfilled life, we want to provide you with wise words to help you along your journey.
Let us know which of these good man quotes is your favorite using the comment section below.
What are the benefits of reading these good man quotes?
Being a man is about taking responsibility and using willpower to become the person you know you can and should be.
It’s about using your power as a man to serve others and create positive change.
Although you can never be perfect, there are many things you can do to become a better man.
These good man quotes will help you recognize these things like:
- Being real and vulnerable with your emotions
- Being yourself and recognizing your worth
- Improving your communication and listening skills
- Holding yourself accountable to your actions and decisions
- Surrounding yourself with people that support you and push you to be better
There is always room for improvement and opportunities for growth.
Just like any other human, you’ll stumble and make mistakes from time to time.
But with enough focus and determination, you can make steady progress over time and turn your weakness into greatness.
Instead of being a victim of your environment, take responsibility for your circumstances and look for opportunities to create the life you desire.
It’s easier said than done, but you can become and be even more of a man than you are right now.
To help you become the best that you can be, below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and good man quotes, good man sayings, and good man proverbs, collected from a variety of sources over the years.
Check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily inspiration.
Our inspirational quote category page has even more inspirational and educational quotes.
Good Man Quotes To Inspire You To Do Your Best
1. “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Theodore Roosevelt
You will also enjoy our article on good morning quotes for him.
2. “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
You will also enjoy our article on blessed quotes.
3. “If a man’s mind becomes pure, his surroundings will also become pure.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on quality quotes.
4. “The way of a superior man is three-fold: virtuous, he is free from anxieties; wise, he is free from perplexities; bold, he is free from fear.” – Confucius
You will also enjoy our article on words of wisdom.
5. “The first step to be a good man is this: You must deeply feel the burden of the stones some else [is] carrying.” – Mehmet Murat ildan
You will also enjoy our article on wise sayings.
6. “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson
You will also enjoy our article on respect quotes.
7. “To be a man requires that you accept everything life has to give you, beginning with your name.” – Burl Ives
8. “It takes a great man to be a good listener.” – Calvin Coolidge
9. “He who stops being better stops being good.” – Oliver Cromwell
10. “The heart of a good man is the sanctuary of God in this world.” – Suzanne Curchod
You will also enjoy our article on choice quotes.
Good man quotes that will make you want to up your game
11. “The man who is deserving the name is the one whose thoughts and exertions are for others rather than for himself.” – Walter Scott
12. “You have to have a bunch of dimensions of yourself. You have to be able to adapt in this world. You can’t be a nice guy living in a world of savages.” – Mike Tyson
13. “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” – Marcus Aurelius
14. “You spend time with your family? Good. Because a man who doesn’t spend time with his family can never be a real man.” – Don Vito Corleone
15. “Nothing deters a good man from doing what is honorable.” – Seneca the Younger
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Seneca quotes that will help you in all facets of your life.
You will also enjoy our article on what men want.
16. “The mark of a great man is one who knows when to set aside the important things in order to accomplish the vital ones.” – Brandon Sanderson
You will also enjoy our article on being single quotes.
17. “If unwilling to rise in the morning, say to thyself, ‘I awake to do the work of a man.’” – Marcus Aurelius
You will also enjoy our article on perfection quotes.
18. “Life is too short to be little. Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly, and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor.” – Benjamin Disraeli
You will also enjoy our article on Navy quotes
19. “A man may conquer a million men in battle but one who conquers himself is, indeed, the greatest of conquerors.” – Buddha
You will also enjoy our article on rare inspirational quotes.
20. “Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.” – Chuck Norris
You will also enjoy our article on boss quotes.
Good man quotes to help you become the best version of yourself
21. “A good man will want you to shine. He wants you to be your amazing self. A good man loves to show off his happy, intelligent, amazing, powerful woman.” – Anastasia Netri
You will also enjoy our article on meme quotes.
22. “Being a ‘good man’ is something you do, not something you are.” – Luvvie Ajayi
You will also enjoy our article on responsible person.
23. “A good man’s prayers will from the deepest dungeon climb heaven’s height, and bring a blessing down.” – Joanna Baillie
You will also enjoy our article on good deeds quotes.
24. “It is not what he has, or even what he does which expresses the worth of a man, but what he is.” – Henri-Frederic Amiel
You will also enjoy our article on Boss Lady quotes.
25. “One good man, one good man, it ain’t much – it’s only everything.” – Deborah Kerr
26. “Adversity toughens manhood, and the characteristic of the good or the great man is not that he has been exempt from the evils of life, but that he has surmounted them.” – Patrick Henry
You will also enjoy our article on good vibe quotes.
27. “A good man would prefer to be defeated than to defeat injustice by evil means.” – Sallust
You will also enjoy our article on spy quotes.
28. “There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is ‘Where am I going?’ and the second is ‘Who will go with me?’ If you ever get these questions in the wrong order you are in trouble.” – Sam Keen
You will also enjoy our article on intention quotes.
29. “No great man ever complains of want of opportunity.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You will also enjoy our article on Tommy Boy quotes.
30. “The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better.” – John Dewey
Good man quotes that will inspire you to be a better person
31. “He who Serves his fellows is, of all his fellows, greatest.” – E. Urner Goodman
32. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moment of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
33. “Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
34. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – James Froude
35. “A man’s got to have a code, a creed to live by, no matter his job.” – John Wayne
36. “A man does what he must – in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures – and that is the basis of all human morality.” – John F. Kennedy
37. “A man should be able to hear, and to bear, the worst that could be said of him.” – Saul Bellow
38. “It is part of a good man to do great and noble deeds, though he risk everything.” – Plutarch
39. “Real men don’t dance to other people’s tune, instead, they play for others to dance.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
40. “It is not the situation which makes the man, but the man who makes the situation.” – Frederick William Robertson
Good man quotes to help you reach your full potential
41. “A gentleman will open doors, pull out chairs, and carry things. Not because she’s helpless or unable, but because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect.” – Charles J. Orlando
42. “The mark of a real man, is a man who can allow himself to fall deeply in love with a woman.” – C. JoyBell C.
43. “You have to be a man before you can be a gentleman.” – John Wayne
44. “It takes a mighty good man to be better than no man at all.” – Dixie Carter
45. “Good men who exercise power are really the most fascinating of all people.” – John Keegan
46. “The good man is the friend of all living things.” – Mahatma Gandhi
47. “Being a good husband is like being a good stand-up comic: you need ten years before you can even call yourself a beginner.” – Jerry Seinfeld
48. “Good men have the fewest fears. He has but one great fear who fears to do wrong; he has a thousand who has overcome it.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
49. “Though in the order of nature angels rank above men, yet, by scale of justice, good men are of greater value than bad angels.” – Saint Augustine
50. “A real man is one who fears the death of his heart, not of his body.” ― Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of husband quotes to make him feel appreciated.
Good man quotes to elevate your perspective
52. “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
53. “It is his nature, not his standing, that makes the good man.” – Publilius Syrus
54. “The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions” — Leonardo da Vinci
55. “A good man does not spy around for the black spots in others, but presses unswervingly on towards his mark.” – Marcus Aurelius
56. “The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” — Bob Marley
57. “You can judge a man’s true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”― Paul McCartney
58. “Women love us for our defects. If we have enough of them, they will forgive us everything, even our gigantic intellects.” — Oscar Wilde
59. “Try not to become a man of success, but rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
60. “There is nothing wrong with being afraid – but there is nothing more wrong than allowing that to be your master.” – Bobby Darin
Good man quotes to inspire and motivate you
61. “A superior man is modest in his speech , but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes that will brighten your day.
62. “A good man is kinder to his enemy than bad men are to their friends.” – Joseph Hall
63. “Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you.” -Aldous Huxley
64. “A good man and a wise man may at times be angry with the world, at times grieved for it; but be sure no man was ever discontented with the world who did his duty in it.” – Robert Southey
65. “Life’s not about hard of a hit you can give….it’s about how many you can take, and still keep moving forward.” — Sylvester Stallone in Rocky
66. “A good man will not lie, although it be for his profit.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
67. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet keep looking. Don’t Settle.” — Steve Jobs
68. “The life of a good man is at the same time the most eloquent lesson of virtue and the most severe reproof of vice.” – Samuel Smiles
69. “When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man.”― Anthony Burgess
70. “To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe” – Anatole France
Good man quotes to live by
71. “Try to live the life of the good man who is more than content with what is allocated to him.” – Marcus Aurelius
72. “A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains.” – Maxim Gorky
73. “People often tell me I could be a great man. I’d rather be a good man.” –
John F. Kennedy Jr.
74. “It is the task of a good man to help those in misfortune.” – Sophocles
75. “Life is strange. Every so often a good man wins.” – Frank Dane
76. “Living or dead, to a good man there can come no evil.” – Socrates
77. “Most important is be a good man.” – Pele
78. “The good man does not grieve that other people do not recognize his merits. His only anxiety is lest he should fail to recognize theirs.” – Confucius
79. “No evil can happen to a good man either in life or after death.” – Plato
80. “The life of a good man was a continual warfare with his passions.” – Samuel Richardson
Good man quotes to encourage
81. “One can know a man from his laugh, and if you like a man’s laugh before you know anything of him, you may confidently say that he is a good man.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
82. “The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.” – Albert Einstein
83. “We are all ready to be savage in some cause. The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of the cause.” – William James
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of savage quotes that will spark your inner boss.
84. “A man ought to carry himself in the world as an orange tree would if it could walk up and down in the garden–swinging perfume from every little censer it holds up to the air.” – Henry Ward Beecher
85. “The times are never so bad but that a good man can make shift to live in them.” – Thomas More
86. “There is one rule, above all others, for being a man. Whatever comes, face it on your feet.” – Larissa Ione
87. “Contemporaries appreciate the man rather than the merit; but posterity will regard the merit rather than the man.” – Charles Caleb Colton
88. “The mind of man is capable of anything.”― Joseph Conrad
89. “Here is the manliness of manhood, that a man has a good reason for what he does, and has a will in doing it.” –Alexander MacLaren
90. “A man knows his limits, but a real man can overcome them.” – Travis Martin
More good man quotes and sayings
91. “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.”― Voltaire
92. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
93. “The truth is found when men are free to pursue it.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
94. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” – Dale Carnegie
95. “I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I’m not.” — Kurt Cobain
96. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
97. “Man has a choice and it’s a choice that makes him a man.”― John Steinbeck
98. “You and only you are responsible for your life choices and decisions.” – Robert Kiyosaki
99. “Sometimes solitude is one of the most beautiful things on earth — Charles Bukowski
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Charles Bukowski quotes to help you see life from a brand new perspective.
100. “Great hopes make great men.” – Thomas Fuller
We also have a collection of love quotes for him to help you make your man feel special. Be sure to also read that.
Good man quotes to elevate your mind
101. “If you perform the sacrifice of doing your duty, you do not have to do anything else. Devoted to duty, man attains perfection.” – Bhagavad Gita
102. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” – Abraham Lincoln
103. “The most persevering becomes the most talented.” – Maxime Lagacé
104. “The greater the success, the more it was due to one thing: focus.” – Shane Parrish
105. “The crucial thing is to find a truth which is truth for me, to find the idea for which I am willing to live and die.” – Søren Kierkegaard
106. “All fortune belongs to him who has a contented mind.” – The Panchatantra
107. “Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.” – Bruce Lee
108. “Manhood is the defeat of childhood narcissism.”- David Gilmore
109. “The ignorant work for their own profit; the wise work for the welfare of the world, without thought for themselves.” – Bhagavad Gita
110. “Every day is a new life to the wise man.”- Dale Carnegie
Good man quotes to motivate you
111. “A person can achieve everything by being simple and humble.” – The Vedas
112. “There is nothing with which every man is so afraid as getting to know how enormously much he is capable of doing and becoming.” – Søren Kierkegaard
113. “You will earn the respect of all men if you begin by earning the respect of yourself.” – Musonius Rufus
114. “You don’t succeed by being perfect. You succeed by doing good work, consistently.” – Thibaut
115. “If you want to save the world, save your little corner of the world.” – Naval Ravikant
116. “Every man of courage is a man of his word.”- Pierre Corneille
117. “What you aim at determines what you see.” – Jordan Peterson
118. “Work hard, be honest, help people, never give up, love your fellow man and woman, give back to society, and don’t ever discriminate.” – Jesse White
119. “You should think in such a way that everybody could look into your soul and see what is transpiring there.” – Seneca
120. “If you want to overcome the whole world, overcome yourself.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
Good man quotes that will spur you to action
121. “Do what you can, where you are, with what you have.” – Theodore Roosevelt
122. “I believe the first test of a truly great man is in his humility.” — John Ruskin
123. “Men’s best successes come after their disappointments.” – Henry Ward Beecher
124. “In the face of inhumanity, a good man reacts, but a great one acts.” — James Rollins
125. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
126. “A great man is always willing to be little.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
127. “Change your life today. Don”t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
128. “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be a value.” — Albert Einstein
129. “The man who has no imaginations has no wings.” — Muhammad Ali
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of Muhammad Ali quotes on life, love and being a champion.
130. “As a general rule, it pays to be confident, helpful and nice.” — Colin Wright
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of determination quotes to help you keep moving forward.
Good man quotes to inspire you today
131. “Your life will become better by making other lives better.” – Will Smith
132. “A great man does not seek applause or place; he seeks for truth; he seeks the road to happiness, and what he ascertains, he gives to others.” — Robert Green Ingersoll
133. “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
134. “It makes a big difference when men respect women. There are a lot of men who don’t, so that’s the main quality that would make a good man a great man.” — Stephanie Sigman
135. “A young man without ambition is an old man waiting to be.” – Steven Brust
If you’re enjoying these quotes, read our collection of ambition quotes to set your sights sky high.
136. “It takes a great man to give sound advice tactfully, but a greater to accept it graciously.” — Logan Pearsall Smith
137. “Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
138. “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.” — George Bernard Shaw
139. “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” — Socrates
140. “Don’t hide your scars, they make you who you are.” — Frank Sinatra
Good man quotes to help you become an even better man
141. “You might win some, you might lose some. But you go in, you challenge yourself, you become a better man, a better individual, a better fighter.” – Conor McGregor
142. “Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.” – Benjamin Franklin
143. “Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error.” – Andrew Jackson
144. “Who rises from prayer a better man, his prayer is answered.” – George Meredith
145. “If you’re open, you’re vulnerable – but vulnerable to being changed and to being a better man.” – Rege-Jean Page
146. “We all have to fight through our mistakes to become a better man.” – Emmanuel Adebayor
147. “I’m a good man, and I’m gonna become a better man.” – Chance the Rapper
148. “My future’s about trying to be a better man.” – Terrence Howard
149. “Experience really does make you better, man.” – Alan Vega
150. “And I hope that five years and 10 years from now, I’ll be a better man, a more mature man, a wiser man, a more humble man and a more spirited man to serve the good of my people and the good of humanity.” – Louis Farrakhan
Other good man quotes and sayings
151. “Real men are real friends, showing their real commitment.” ― KRS-One
152. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” – George Savile
153. “A man who is not a good friend to himself cannot be so to anyone else.” – John Lubbock
154. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
155. “It cannot, indeed, be denied, that a good man is more worthy of love than a bad one.” – Martin Luther
156. “But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.” – Ernest Hemingway
157. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
158. “Progress is made in solitude; profit is made in public.” – Sven Schnieders
159. “Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
160. “We need men who can dream of things that never were.” – John F. Kennedy
Quotes about what makes a Man a Good Man
161. “The stronger a man is, the more gentle he can afford to be.” — Elbert Hubbard
162. “So, being a good man is not an exam or a qualification, it changes, and it incorporates being a good friend, a good father, a good employee, a good boss, a good neighbor, and a good citizen.” — A.A. Gill
163. “Trying to learn to be a good man is like learning to play tennis against a wall. You are only a good man — a competent, capable, interesting and lovable man — when you’re doing it for, or with, other people.” — A.A. Gill
164. “To be disciplined or non-disciplined is a choice you make every minute in every hour of your life.” – Russell Gerald Johnston
165. “There is nothing noble being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” — Ernest Hemingway
166. “Great men do not play stage tricks with the doctrines of life and death: only little men do that.” — John Ruskin
167. “If a man can bridge the gap between life and death, if he can live on after he’s dead, then maybe he was a great man.” — James Dean
168. “A man who has committed a mistake and doesn’t correct it is committing another mistake.” ― Confucius Kongzi.
169. “Nice guys may appear to finish last, but usually they are running a different race.” — Ken Blanchard
170. “Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.” — Henri Bergson
Good man quotes to inspire and teach
171. “Being a male is a matter of birth. Being a man is a matter of choice.” — Edwin Louis Cole
172. “There are lots of real men out there – men who could fall in love with you at the drop of a hat.” ― Nicholas Sparks.
173. “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” ― Dale Carnegie.
174. “First find the man in yourself if you will inspire manliness in others.” – Thomas Alcott
175. “Strength, Courage, Mastery, and Honor are the alpha virtues of men all over the world.” – Jack Donovan
176. “Duty is the essence of manhood.” – General George Patton
177. “Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
178. “The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.”― Henry Ward Beecher
179. “Stand true to your calling to be a man. Real women will always be relieved and grateful when men are willing to be men.” – Elisabeth Elliott
180. “A real man has no tougher judge than himself.”― James Grippando
Good Man Quotes About Their Character
181. “A good man can never be the enemy of someone; if he did, he ain’t a good man!” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
182. “The good man brings good to things out of the good stored up in his heart.” — Steve Goodier
183. “A good man complains of no one; he does not look to faults.” — Shams Tabrizi
184. “A good man fights for himself. A great man fights for everyone else.” — Philip DeFranco
185. “Stop talking about what the good man is like, and just be one.” — Marcus Aurelius
186. “It’s hard to find a good man, but it’s good to find a hard one.” — Mae West
187. “He is a good man, who can receive a gift well. We are either glad or sorry at a gift, and both emotions are unbecoming.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
188. “I know what a good man is because I saw it in my father.” — Raimond Gaita
189. “A good man never fights with a woman.” — Gao Xingjian
190. “A good man does not worry about not being known by others, but rather is concerned about not knowing them.” — Confucius
Good Man Quotes That They Re Rare To Find
191. “To become a thoroughly good man is the best prescription for keeping a sound mind and a sound body.” — Francis Bowen
192. “Of course it’s not enough to be a good man to be an effective ruler and it never has been.” — George R. R. Martin
193. “Sadat was a great and good man, and his most bitter and dangerous enemies were people who were obsessed with hatred for his peaceful goals.” — Jimmy Carter
194. “Be good. Do good. The devil wields no power over a good man.” — Harry Segall
195. “There are good men everywhere. I only wish they had louder voices.” — Louis L’Amour
196. “A good man is not mine to see. Could I see a man possessed of constancy, that would satisfy me.” — Confucius
197. “The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.” — Thomas Carlyle
198. “Down on your knees, and thank heaven, fasting, for a good man’s love.” — Euripides
199. “Al Gore is a good man. He is a decent, caring man. He listens to his heart and his head. He loves his family.” — Dick Gephardt
200. “A good man, though he will value his own countrymen, yet will think as highly of the worthy men of every nation under the sun.” — Samuel Richardson
Good Man Quotes To Understand the Difference
201. “A good man doesn’t just happen. They have to be created by us women. A guy is a lump like this doughnut.” — Roseanne Barr
202. “The jurisdiction of a good man extends to the end of the world.” — Terry Pratchett
203. “It is only in misery that we recognize the hand of God leading good men to good.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
204. “He was such a good man that people hated to see him coming.” — Mark Twain
205. “Once upon a time, I dreamed of becoming a great man. Later, a good man. Now, finally, I find it difficult enough and honor enough to be — a man.” — Edward Abbey
206. “My father was a tomato farmer. There is the phrase that says he or she worked their fingers to the bone, well, that’s my dad. And he was a very good man.” — Sidney Poitier
207. “Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works.” — Martin Luther
208. “A good man always knows his limitations.” — Clint Eastwood
209. “A good man will certainly also possess courage; but a brave man is not necessarily good.” — Confucius
210. “A good man knows when to sacrifice himself, a bad man survives but loses his soul.” — John le Carre
Goodman Quotes To Best Understand His Character
211. “Good dog is no different than a good man and a bad man is no different than a bad dog!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
212. “The reward of the good man is to be allowed to worship in truth.” ― Søren Kierkegaard
213. “This was what she had signed up for – a good man and minimal pleasure.” ― Red Phoenix
214. “You’re not broken. You’re perfect. And when you get to get away from these kids, you might finally have a good man.” ― Ashley Newell
215. “Words are enough for a good man but a good beating for an ass. Water is enough for a teetotaler but a strong drink for a drinker.” ― VKBoy
216. “TO MY DAD, That man was a good man!” ― Charmaine J Forde
217. “A good man shares his knowledge selflessly with everyone.” ― Eraldo Banovac
218. “If you can’t be as best as you dreamed of, Least be a good man in reality.” ― Bradley B. Dalina
219. “Let the quality man you’ve been created to be out; the world is world incomplete without him.” ― Eric M. Watterson
220. “I think I am a bad man wrapped up in a good man , and that how I am looking at myself .” ― Sushil Singh
Good Man Quotes Highlighting Character and Virtues of One
221. “The honest and good man ought to be exactly like a man who smells strong, so that the bystander as soon as he comes near him must smell whether he choose or not.” ― Marcus Aurelius
222. “A good man is as strong as the right woman needs him to be.” ― Gregory David Roberts
223. “There is an element of the busybody in our conception of virtue: unless a man makes himself a nuisance to a great many people, we do not think he can be an exceptionally good man.” ― Bertrand Russell
224. “As I know more of mankind I expect less of them, and am ready now to call a man a good man upon easier terms than I was formerly.” ― Samuel Johnson
225. “I wonder if this is how is is with all evil men, that to someone, they look just like good men, talk like good men, are just as likable as good men.” ― Veronica Roth
226. “A good man doubles the length of his existence; to have lived so as to look back with pleasure on our past existence is to live twice.” ― Martial
227. “Every branch of knowledge which a good man possesses, he may apply to some good purpose.” ― Claudius Buchanan
228. “Good men are often more practical than pretty ” said Mother. “Andrius just happens to be both.” ― ―
229. “It’s because even a good man can’t always be right, that we need … rules.” ― John Irving
230. “Be of good cheer about death and know this as a truth, that no evil can happen to a good man, either in life or after death.” ― Socrates
Goodman Quotes To Fuel your Ambitions Of Being A Great Man
231. “Successful avengers, who are good men at heart, will always be saddened.” ― Tracey Forbes
232. “The good man is he who rules himself as he does his own property: his autonomous being is modelled on material power.” ― Theodor Adorno
233. “The old saying is true, behind every good man theres an incredible woman.” ― Robert Downey, Jr.
234. “All men make mistakes, but a good man yields when he knows his course is wrong, and repairs the evil. The only crime is pride.” ― Sophocles
235. “Education and morals will be found almost the whole that goes to make a good man.” ~ Aristotle
236. “Oh, Mama was a smart woman. It takes a smart woman to fall in love with a good man.” ~ Sarah Louise Delany
237. “A good man will not engage even in a national cause, without examining the justice of it.” ― Samuel Richardson
238. “The ground that a good man treads is hallowed.” ― Johnohann Wolfgang von Goethe
239. “A good man will honor him who lives up to his religious profession, whatever it be.” ― Samuel Richardson
240. “The esteem of good men is the reward of our worth, but the reputation of the world in general is the gift of our fate.” ― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
Good Man Quotes About What Makes a Good Man
241. “A good man is a man who is good to everyone, not just a select few.” — C.S. Lewis
242. “A good man, though a slave, is free; a wicked man, though a king, is a slave.” — Saint Augustine
243. “It is the character of a good man not to be demanding, but of a bad man to demand.” — Aristotle
244. “The measure of a man is what he does with power.” — Plato
245. “The world is blessed most by men who do things, and not by those who merely talk about them.” — James Oliver
246. “A good man is guided by his honesty; the evil man is destroyed by his dishonesty.” — Guru Nanak
247. “A good man is one whose goodness works in practical life.” — John Stuart Mill
248. “Excellence or virtue in a man will be the disposition which renders him a good man and also which will cause him to perform his function well.” ― Aristotle
249. “It is the good men who are the censors of the bad men. They are the standing army, the militia, and the jailers.” — Henry David Thoreau
250. “A good man, when he is doing the best he can, is just a man.” — Flannery O’Connor
Good Man Quotes Celebrating Noble Qualities
251. “A good man may be known by three things: when he is abused, he does not abuse again; when he is tormented, he does not torment; when he receives evil, he does not pay it back.” — Samuel Shelburne
252. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke
253. “A good man does not take what belongs to someone else and a good man does not take what he does not earn.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
254. “A truly good man is not aware of his goodness and is therefore good.” — Zhuangzi
255. “A good man, like a good novel, will charm you at once or stand the test of time.” — Philip Stanhope
256. “A good man’s principles will lend him to making money, but money will not lend him to good principles.” — William Feather
257. “A good man never dies. In worthy deed and prayer, and helpful hands, and honest eyes, if smiles or tears be there.” — John Greenleaf Whittier
258. “A good man is the best friend and the noblest asset.” — John Dryden
259. “A good man is always a beginner in goodness.” — Confucius
260. “A truly good man does not need the approval of others any more than a lion needs the approval of sheep.” — Vernon Howard
261. “A young man who isn’t a socialist hasn’t got a heart; an old man who is a socialist hasn’t got a head.” ― David Lloyd George
262. “Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.” ― Marcus Aurelius.
Which of these good man quotes was your favorite?
All men want to be respected.
But for people to show you more respect, you must first become the man that you know you can be.
It’s easier said than done, but you can become a man who progresses with the right intentions.
Hopefully, the quotes above have inspired you to become the best version of yourself.
Which of these good man quotes and sayings resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add?
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below.