Appreciation Quotes Celebrating Success, Life and Love
When you’ve battled, you’re forever grateful. Appreciation quotes for those sweet victories!
April 18, 2023 6:00 AM EST
Gain equal parts perspective and insight with these appreciation quotes to inspire you to appreciate all that you have in this world.
Too often, we do not take the time to stop and appreciate things, big and small.
Share your favorite appreciation quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley, individuals who regularly practice gratitude report higher levels of positive emotions such as joy and happiness, as well as lower levels of stress and depression.
This highlights the potential benefits of cultivating an attitude of appreciation in one’s life.
What are the benefits of reading these appreciation quotes?
You may not always consider yourself fortunate, but these quotes about appreciation will allow you to be truly grateful for the many blessings around you.
When was the last time you thought about how lucky you are because your legs and arms functioning properly?
Or gave thanks because of your eyes and ears functioning every day?
Or because your mouth and vocal cords working properly?
If just one of the body parts mentioned suddenly stopped working, your life would be instantly and radically changed.
It’s so easy to dismiss the fact that a huge percentage of our life and body is working exactly how it’s supposed to be.
These appreciation quotes will:
- help you discover ways to be more grateful (like a gratitude journal)
- change your perspective on things
- enable you to train your brain to look for something positive
If we learn to see the beauty, the gratefulness, and the appreciation in the big and small, we learn to live a life of gratitude and the lesson that we have a great deal to be thankful for.
Here are some thoughts that might help you connect with deep-seated appreciation.
If you’re looking to appreciate your friend on their special day, be sure to also read our collection of birthday wishes for a friend.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
If you want more motivational quotes, check out our motivational quotes category page.
Inspirational Appreciation Quotes Recognize The Good In Our Lives
According to a study by the University of California, Davis, individuals who regularly engage in gratitude exercises such as keeping a gratitude journal report improved sleep quality and duration, highlighting the potential impact of appreciation on physical health.
This suggests that gratitude can have broad and significant benefits for individuals’ well-being.
1. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
You will also enjoy our article on quotes about being happy.
2. “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” – Ernest Hemingway
You will also enjoy our article on thank you quotes.
3. “Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
You will also enjoy our article on achievement quotes.
4. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
You will also enjoy our article on thank God quotes.
5. “We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” – Albert Schweitzer
You will also enjoy our article on Polar Express quotes.
6. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on love your life quotes.
7. “What you truly acknowledge truly is yours. Invite your heart to be grateful and your thank you’s will be heard even when you don’t use words.” – Pavithra Mehta
You will also enjoy our article on unappreciated quotes.
8. “A grateful mind is a great mind which eventually attracts to itself great things.” – Plato
You will also enjoy our article on vanity quotes.
9. “To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” – Johannes Gaertner
Also, read these grateful quotes and sayings for more inspiration.
Appreciation quotes about life
According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, gratitude can also play a role in promoting resilience and coping skills in the face of adversity, suggesting that appreciation can have important implications for individuals’ mental and emotional health.
This underscores the potential value of gratitude as a means of promoting well-being in challenging circumstances.
10. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
Thank you quotes for when life gets tough
11. “One man may hit the mark, another blunder; but heed not these distinctions. Only from the alliance of the one, working with and through the other, are great things born.” – Antoine de Sainte-Exupery
You will also enjoy our article on morning quotes.
12. “I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.” – Rita Mae Brown
You will also enjoy our article on drawing quotes.
13. “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Northrup Christiane
You will also enjoy our article on kindness quotes.
14. “It is necessary, then, to cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” – Wallace D. Wattles
You will also enjoy our article on Big Mouth quotes.
15. “Thou who hast given so much to me, give me one more thing… a grateful heart!” – George Herbert
You will also enjoy our article on plato quotes.
16. “In all affairs, it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted.” – Bertrand Russell
You will also enjoy our article on breathe quotes.
17. “They are not poor that have little, but they that desire much. The richest man, whatever his lot, is the one who’s content with his lot.” – Dutch Proverb
Don’t forget to also read these inspirational thankful quotes that will change your perspective.
Quotes about Appreciation and Thankfulness
According to a study by Emmons and McCullough (2003), participants who wrote down things they were grateful for once a week for ten weeks reported higher levels of well-being and happiness than those who did not.
This suggests that cultivating an attitude of appreciation can lead to greater overall satisfaction with life.
18. “If you can’t reward then you should thank.” – Arabic Proverb
19. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” – Unknown
20. “Stop thinking gratitude as a buy product of your circumstances and start thinking of it as a world view.” – Bryan Robles
21. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
22. “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
23. “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
24. “…it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful.” – David Steindl-Rast
25. “If you haven’t all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don’t have that you wouldn’t want.” – Unknown
26. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melodie Beattie
27. “When eating bamboo sprouts, remember the man who planted them.” – Chinese Proverb
28. “Gratitude is happiness double by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
29. “In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy.” – Albert Clarke
Appreciation quotes about gratitude and success
According to a study by Mills et al. (2015), participants who wrote letters of gratitude to others reported improvements in their physical health, including better sleep quality and fewer symptoms of illness.
This suggests that cultivating an attitude of appreciation can have tangible benefits for one’s physical well-being.
30. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” – Jacques Maritain
31. “Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes to simply be human…At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.” – Meredith Grey
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Meredith Grey quotes from the Award-Winning TV series.
32. “You have no cause for anything but gratitude and joy.” – Buddha
33. “You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got.” – Viki King
34. “Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light. Give thanks for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. And if perchance you see no reason for giving thanks, rest assured the fault is in yourself.” – Tecumseh Shawnee Chief
35. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” – Ralph Blum
36. “Happiness is the realization of God in the heart. Happiness is the result of praise and thanksgiving, of faith, of acceptance; a quiet tranquil realization of the love of God.” – White Eagle
Don’t forget to also read these grateful quotes that will transform your perspective.
Appreciation Quotes and Sayings about friendship
According to a study by Wood et al. (2010), participants who wrote down things they were grateful for every day for two weeks reported significant reductions in symptoms of depression compared to those who wrote about neutral topics.
This suggests that cultivating an attitude of appreciation can have a positive impact on one’s mental health and well-being.
37. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
39. “Enough’ is a feast.”– Buddhist proverb
40. “If you count all your assets, you always show a profit.” – Robert Quillen
41. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Robert Brault
42. “Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” – Author Unknown
You might also like these Rumi quotes that will expand your mind in ways you never knew.
Appreciation quotes to help you count your blessings
A survey by the John Templeton Foundation found that 80% of Americans believe that expressing gratitude makes them happier and more fulfilled.
This data underscores the value of appreciation quotes that encourage readers to express their gratitude to others and count their blessings, as well as the impact that gratitude can have on personal well-being.
43. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
44. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
45. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank A. Clark
46. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
47. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
48. “Appreciation has the amazing habit of bringing more reasons to be grateful for.”― Isabella Koldras
49. “Gratitude is a currency that we can mint for ourselves, and spend without fear of bankruptcy.” – Fred De Witt Van Amburgh
50. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” – Charles Schwab
51. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.” – Epictetus
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of Epictetus quotes that will make you think.
52. “The only thing you should feel entitled to is gratitude.”― J.S. Mason
53. “The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.” – William James
54. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
55. “Appreciation is application for more.”― Vincent Okay Nwachukwu
Appreciation quotes for the people you love
A study by the University of Pennsylvania found that people who wrote letters of gratitude to someone who had positively impacted their lives experienced a significant increase in happiness and well-being, even one month after completing the exercise.
This research supports the value of appreciation quotes that encourage readers to express their gratitude and appreciation to others, as well as the importance of cultivating a practice of gratitude in everyday life.
56. “Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
57. “Step back and appreciate all others who share your planet.
Because without them, you would cease to be.”― Abraham Hicks
58. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. “What makes me happy is the appreciation of people around me.” – Nadia Comaneci
60. “Appreciate what you have, where you are and who you are with in this moment.” – Tony Clark
61. “Show appreciation and for those you care
Let your love be known so they are aware.” –Catherine Pulsifer
62. “Appreciate the lovers rather than acknowledging the haters.”― Sophia L Skaalerud
63. “Having lived with nothing is the gift that allows me to appreciate the privilege of having everything.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
Appreciation quotes to inspire and teach
A study by the University of Manchester found that people who feel appreciated and valued in their relationships are more likely to experience greater levels of happiness and life satisfaction.
This finding highlights the value of appreciation quotes that encourage readers to express their gratitude and appreciation to those around them, as well as the impact that positive relationships can have on personal well-being.
64. “Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.” – Alan Cohen
65. “By appreciation, we make excellence in others our own property.” – Voltaire
66. “If you do not appreciate every day of your life, who said that the days and years will be an asset for the future?” Sunday Adelaja
67. “Instead of being impatient because you have to wait for something, be grateful for the extra time you have now to notice and appreciate your surroundings.” – Danielle Tinning
68. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” – Robert Holden
69. “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it all into words is all that is necessary.” –Margaret Cousins
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of life changing quotes about love, life and death.
70. “I give appreciation for my life, and I see the miracle in each moment.”― Victoria L. White
71. “Appreciate what you have, while you have it, or you’ll learn what it meant to you after you lose it.”― Frank Sonnenberg
72. “Saying thank you is more than good manners, it is good spirituality.” —Alfred Painter
Appreciation quotes to inspire you
According to a study by the Society for Human Resource Management, employees who feel appreciated are 85% more likely to go above and beyond their job duties.
This statistic can be used to emphasize the importance of showing appreciation in the workplace and inspire readers to do the same.
73. “Change your expectation for appreciation and the world changes instantly.” —Tony Robbins
74. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” —Kristin Armstrong
75. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” —Voltaire
76. “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” —Randy Pausch
77. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” —Thorton Wilder
78. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ― Marcus Aurelius
79. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Emerson
80. “Be happy with who you are and what you do, and you can do anything you want.” ― Steve Maraboli
Inspirational appreciation quotes
A study by the John Templeton Foundation found that people who practice gratitude have better physical and mental health, are more likely to achieve their goals, and feel more connected to others.
This statistic can be used to encourage readers to cultivate a habit of gratitude and appreciate the good things in their lives.
81. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” —Cicero
82. “Appreciate the plant that grows in your balcony only for you” ― Vineet Raj Kapoor
83. “When you have something use it with appreciation before you lose it and always remember those who don’t have it” ― Mary Uwamahoro
84. “Most people are unhappy because they’re focused on what they want rather than appreciating what they have.” ― Marty Rubin
85. “Love those who appreciate you, and appreciate those who love you.”
― Connor Chalfant
Make sure to also check our collection of eyes quotes that will intrigue you to look past what you see.
86. “The mind is like a flower. It does not bloom without the lights of appreciation, encouragement, and love.” ― Debasish Mridha
87. “I cannot tell you that I am owed anything. But I can tell you that I owe everything.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
88. “The best way to appreciate life is to be grateful.” ― Wisdom Kwashie Mensah
89. “An appreciation of what you have brings the ultimate abundance in your life.” ― Debasish Mridha
90. “Gratitude is the appreciation of things that are not deserved, earned or demanded – those wonderful things that we take for granted.” ― Renée Paule
Appreciation quotes for friends and loved ones
A study by the Harvard Business Review found that expressions of gratitude can increase prosocial behavior, including helping others, and can also lead to more creative problem-solving.
This statistic can be used to show that appreciation not only benefits the person being appreciated but can also have positive effects on those around them.
91. “If the world had more people like you it would be a better place. You do make a difference.” – Catherine Pulsifer
92. “The truth is, not saying ‘thank you’ does more damage than actually saying ‘thank you’ does good.” – Tommy Wyatt
93. “Appreciation is a better stimulant than money. Money boosts the ego, but appreciation touches the soul.”― Debasish Mridha
94. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
95. “Saying thank you, or offering other words of appreciation, along with sincere compliments and other grateful or kind words are the best way to fortify relationships.” – Chris Johnston
96. “From young to old, there are two words that carry a person forth in grace and honor; please and thank you.” – Byron Pulsifer
97. “If you want to thank me, go do something for somebody else.” – Don Meyer
98. “When we start paying attention to the services we receive, stop and really see the person who is doing it and take the time to say thank you, our entire day will change.” – Brenda Shoshanna
99. “All my lifetime through, I’ll be thanking heaven for a special friend like you.” – Unknown
100. “We may not remember everything you said, but we will remember how special you made us feel. Thank you.” – Unknown
101. “Your friendship has touched my life in ways you will never know. I wouldn’t trade material wealth for the friend I have in you!” – Kate Summers
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
102. “You saw what I didn’t see and you brought out the best in me.” – Unknown
103. “Find time to thank God for all the blessings you receive on a day to day basis.” – Steven Johnson
104. “When I count my blessings, I count you twice.” – Unknown
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of blessed quotes to help you idenity the blessings in your life.
105. “There are many things which I am thankful in my life, and you are at the top of the list.” – Unknown
Appreciation quotes about gratitude and happiness
106. “True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future, not to amuse ourselves with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have, which is sufficient, for he that is so wants nothing.” – Seneca
107. “If you want to find happiness, find gratitude.” – Steve Maraboli
108. “Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be happy – because we will always want to have something else or something more.” – David Steindl-Rast
109. “Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude.” – Joseph Wood Krutch
110. “Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for.” – Barry Neil Kaufman
111. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
112. “Gratitude is the state of mind of thankfulness. As it is cultivated, we experience an increase in our “sympathetic joy,” our happiness at another’s happiness. Just as in the cultivation of compassion, we may feel the pain of others, so we may begin to feel their joy as well. And it doesn’t stop there.” – Stephen Levine
113. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
114. “Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.” – Gabrielle Bernstein
115. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
Appreciation quotes to inspire you
116. “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.”― Germany Kent
117. “The joy of living is the gratitude of the moment.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
118. “Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world. Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
119. “By being grateful, appreciating all we have instead of focusing on what is lacking, we allow more of the same to flow toward us.”― William Powers
120. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.”― W. Clement Stone
121. “Practice appreciation for who you are and what you have… and allow your life to unfold in the most amazing way.”― Millen Livis
122. “In moments of surprise we catch at least a glimpse of the joy to which gratefulness opens the door.”― David Steindl-Rast
123. “Richness does not come from wealth or splendor, but from an appreciation of those things that you cannot buy.”― Debasish Mridha
124. “When you have the courage to consistently express gratitude for everything you already have, the Universe will gift you, even more, to be grateful for.”― Clyde Lee Dennis
125. “Simply give to yourselves that which you need – which is love and appreciation without judgment.”― Réné Gaudette
Appreciation quotes to elevate your perspective
126. “Let us be grateful to the people that make us happy…” – Marcel Proust
127. “The achievement is appreciation. Your ability to be surprised and awed by beauty!” – William Hurt
128. “Gratitude can turn common days into thanksgivings…” – William Arthur Ward
129. “Appreciation has become my destiny in life. Perhaps it’s the instinct of a polar bear enjoying hibernation in the vast snows.” – Liu Xiaobo
130. “It isn’t what you have in your pocket that makes you thankful, but what you have in your heart.” – Unknown
131. “I wake up every day with great appreciation for life and appreciation to play this game.” – Will Grier
132. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
133. “So I show appreciation for the little gifts that have been handed to me.” – Terrence Howard
134. “Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” – Unknown
135. “Those who drink richly from the cup of thankfulness find themselves refreshed and their cup refilled.” – Skip Prichard
Appreciation quotes that will make your day
136. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude.” – A.A. Milne
137. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. We all lean towards love.” – Richard Gere
138. “If you really are thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
139. “All the appreciation I have been receiving has been very encouraging. It pushes me to do better.” – Armaan Malik
140. “I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks.” – William Shakespeare
141. “When I go out and I see the genuine appreciation from the people, that’s a big thing for me.” – Yami Gautam
142. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
143. “I think the best way to show appreciation for things going well is to make things better.” – David Droga
144. “Thank you for accepting me as I am, with my virtues and defects.” – Jenni Rivera
145. “Understand your worth. Value your life. Appreciate your blessings.” – Anonymous
Appreciation quotes for life
146. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
147. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” – Elbert Hubbard
148. “Every day, set your mind in the right direction. Find something to be grateful for.” – Joel Osteen
149. “Celebrate what you want to see more of.” – Tom Peters
150. “Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.” – John Wooden
151. “A thankful person is thankful under all circumstances. A complaining soul complains even in paradise.”- Bahá’u’lláh
152. “Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
153. “Begin with praise and honest appreciation.” – Dale Carnegie
154. “Be nice to everyone, always smile & appreciate things because it could all be gone tomorrow.” – Cory Monteith
155. “Appreciation is the currency of success.” – Shaka Smart
Appreciation quotes to help you show your gratitude
156. “We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Everything in-between is a gift.” – Yul Brynner
157. “One we discover how to appreciate the timeless values in our daily experiences, we can enjoy the best things in life.” – Jerome K. Jerome
158. “Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.” – Alex Faickney Osborn
159. “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
160. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” – Mark Twain
161. “The loftiness of understanding embraces all. It requires as much spirit to suffer the failings of others as it does to appreciate their good qualities.” –
Madeleine de Souvre, marquise de Sable
162. “Next to excellence is the appreciation of it.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
163. “If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want.” – Oscar Wilde
164. “We are very much what others think of us. The reception our observations meet with gives us courage to proceed, or damps our efforts.” –
165. “Cherish your human connections: your relationships with friends and family.” – Barbara Bush
Appreciation quotes to enlighten you
166. “One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay ‘in kind’ somewhere else in life.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
167. “Expressing gratitude seems like a cosmic invitation for all kinds of thankfulness and appreciation to pour in.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
168. “Treat everyone you meet as if they have infinite value because in God’s eyes they do.” – Joyce Meyer
169. “Learning the art of expressing gratitude will force you to focus on the positive.” – Jim Rohn
170. “May your heart be an altar, from which the bright flame of unending thanksgiving ascends to heaven.” – Mary Euphrasia Pelletier
171. “Wealth can also be that attitude of gratitude with which we remind ourselves every day to count our blessings.” – Chris Gardner
172. “If we want our children to value education, then we must show our appreciation for knowledge.” – Brad Sherman
173. “Gratitude is the appreciation of what is, of life, of existence, of anybody and anything, for just the way it is.” – Adyashanti
174. “Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation.” – Dale Dauten
175. “Imitate until you emulate; match and surpass those who launched you. It’s the highest form of thankfulness.” – Mark Victor Hansen
You might also like these compassionate empathy quotes about sympathy and kindness.
Appreciation quotes that will change the way you think
176. “Flattery is from the teeth out. Sincere appreciation is from the heart out.” – Dale Carnegie
177. “Hopeful thinking can get you out of your fear zone and into your appreciation zone.” –Martha Beck
178. “When everything else physical and mental seems to diminish, the appreciation of beauty is on the increase.” – Bernard Berenson
179. “To love one that is great is almost to be great one’s self.” – Suzanne Curchod
180. “Upgrade your past by seeing it with appreciation.” – Alan Cohen
181. “The very first step toward giving to others is grateful recognition of our own assets.” –
182. “The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times.” – Zig Ziglar
183. “Without appreciation and respect for other people, true leadership becomes ineffective, if not impossible.” – George Foreman
184. “No one who appreciates the shortness of this life and the eternality of the next can ever say, ‘I’m bored’.” – Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi
185. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue but the parent of all the other virtues.” –Marcus Tullius Cicero
More appreciation quotes
186. “Nothing is more effective than sincere, accurate praise, and nothing is more lame than a cookie-cutter compliment.” – Bill Walsh
187. “All leadership is appreciative leadership. It’s the capacity to see the best in the world around us, in our colleagues, and in the groups we are trying to lead.” – David Cooperrider
188. “Knowing how things work is the basis for appreciation, and is thus a source of civilized delight.” – William Safire
189. “In every person who comes near you look for what is good and strong.” – John Ruskin
190. “There is really a whole new appreciation when you leave and then come back.” – Hunter Tylo
191. “Don’t get me wrong, I admire elegance and have an appreciation of the finer things in life. But to me, beauty lies in simplicity.” – Mark Hyman, M.D.
192. “What’s important is self-appreciation.” – Donnie Wahlberg
193. “When someone comes along who genuinely thanks us, we will follow that person a very long way.” – Alan Loy McGinnis
194. “When you meet people, show real appreciation, then genuine curiosity.” – Martha Beck
195. “Gratitude BRINGS MORE to be grateful about, so today I make the point of expressing gratitude for everything in my LIFE!” – Louise Hay
Appreciation quotes for the day
196. “Nature didn’t need an operation to be beautiful. It just was.” – Scott Westerfeld
197. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!” – Mae West
198. “Forget yesterday – it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow – you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift – today.” – Steve Maraboli
199. “There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
200. “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.” – Jo Walton
201. “If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” -Anne Bradstreet
202. “A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books.” – Walt Whitman
203. “We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.” – G.K. Chesterton
204. “If you want to be reminded of the love of the Lord, just watch the sunrise.” – Jeannette Walls
205. “A grateful mindset can set you free from the prison of disempowerment and the shackles of misery.” – Steve Maraboli
Appreciation quotes for him to show you care
206. “You are my heart, my life, my one, and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
207. “Thank God I found you I was lost without you.” – Mariah Carey
208. “No matter where I went, I always knew my way back to you. You are my compass star.” – Diana Peterfreund
209. “I find the most beautiful moments of life aren’t just with you but because of you.” – Leo Christopher
210. “You are my whole world.” – Stephen Chbosky
211. “I wouldn’t trade you for the world.” – The Bachelors
212. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen, ‘Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of Rings’
213. “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Jane Austen
214. “I saw that you were perfect and I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more.” – Angelita Lim
215. “Thank you for loving me, For being my eyes, When I couldn’t see…” – Bon Jovi
Thought-provoking appreciation quotes
216. “Always have an attitude of gratitude.” – Sterling K. Brown
217. “Be verbal in acknowledging your appreciation.” – Catherine Pulsifer
218. “The essence of all beautiful art is gratitude.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
219. “And you also know that we should appreciate the work of God’s hands. But oftentimes we wish we looked differently than we do.” – Patricia Meyers
220. “Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
221. “It’s easy to not feel misplaced if this tidal wave of appreciation is coming your way.” – Christoph Waltz
222. “I will forever remain humble because I know I could have less. I will always be grateful because I know I’ve had less.” – Unknown
223. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brené Brown
224. “When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
225. “I have a lot to be thankful for. I am healthy, happy and I am loved.” – Reba McEntire
Appreciation Quotes To Give You Peace Of Mind
226. “Here’s to celebrating light where we find it. And making light where we don’t.” ― John Green
227. “Disappointments tend to polish our gratitude. Once we pass through a dark tunnel of disappointment, we more fully appreciate every flicker of light.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
228. “To be thankful for one thing is infinitely more powerful than to be bitter about a hundred others.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough
229. “Abundance and prosperity begin with gratitude and appreciation.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
230. “In the end, you need to appreciate things before they are gone.” ― Surya Raj
231. “Appreciation is true wealth” ― Jaja Requa
232. “A simple acknowledgement shows integrity” ― Margo Vader
233. “Learning to appreciate everything in life becomes a grand blessing. Problems cannot bother you anymore.” ― Premlatha Rajkumar
234. “Appreciating what you have is the best cure for missing what you have lost.” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
235. “Begin each day with appreciation because this life you’re living is your own creation.” ― Christy Ann Martine
Appreciation Quotes To Be Greatful for Life
236. “One way to love yourself and take charge of your life is through the practice of gratitude. Practicing gratitude increases self-awareness.” — Veronica Smith
237. “I know what it’s like to feel that fear and the need of affirmation and appreciation. To build confidence in yourself is the toughest thing.” — Shakira
238. “At home, be grateful. At work, be appreciative. Gratitude is a gift we give ourselves. Appreciation is a gift we give to others.” — Michael Josephson
239. “It is not the failure of others to appreciate your abilities that should trouble you, but rather your failure to appreciate theirs.” — Confucius
240. “Appreciation in advance brings everything you want to you.” — Esther Hicks
241. “Appreciate the moment.” — Isamu Noguchi
242. “Appreciation and gratitude are a must if you choose to become the architect of increased happiness and your own fulfillment.” — Doc Childre
243. “Every cell in your body is seeking fulfillment through joy, beauty, love and appreciation.” — Deepak Chopra
244. “The art of humility begins with a recognition of our dependence on others and an appreciation of God’s gift of life.” — Wilferd Peterson
245. “A genuine smile touches something fundamental in us: our natural appreciation of kindness.” — Dalai Lama
Appreciation Quotes To Acknowledge What You Are Greatful For
246. “Happiness is found in the absence of expectation and a continuous focus on appreciation.” ― Tony Robbins
247. “Beauty is when you can appreciate yourself. When you love yourself, that’s when you’re most beautiful.” ― Zoe Kravitz
248. “As you awaken to your divine nature, you’ll begin to appreciate beauty in everything you see, touch and experience.” ― Wayne Dyer
249. “Happy Friday! Lift your spirits by living in the vibration of LOVE & APPRECIATION then check out all the positive things and people you’ll attract!” ― Tracey Edmonds
250. “One can appreciate & celebrate each moment — there’s nothing more sacred. There’s nothing more vast or absolute. In fact, there’s nothing more!” ― Pema Chodron
251. “If you want to change your life in the fastest way possible, trade your expectations of others for appreciation.” ― Tony Robbins
252. “Sometimes you have to experience the bad, so that you can learn to appreciate the good things that enter your life.” ― Leon Brown
253. “Without memory there can be no insight. Without love, there can be no appreciation.” ― Anne Rice
254. “The art of appreciation begins with self-appreciation.” ― Amit Abraham
255. “Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you.” ― Ralph Marston
Appreciation Quotes To Reflect You On Gratefulness
256. “Every moment of the day and the simple acknowledgment of the miracle of my physical being fills me with a new appreciation inspiring me to a live a life worthy of the miracle.” — Elizabeth D. Gray
257. “Expectation has brought me disappointment. Disappointment has brought me wisdom. Acceptance, gratitude and appreciation have brought me joy and fulfilment.” ― Rasheed Ogunlaru
258. “Appreciation helps us to be contented with what we have at any point of time in our lives and the estimation that has been associated with it is really boundless.” — Adam Green
259. “…a little “appreciation” sometimes does quite as much good as all the conscientious “bringing up” in the world.” ― L.M. Montgomery
260. “Appreciation has tremendous power. A beautiful thing is not beautiful until someone appreciates it.” ― Debasish Mridha
261. “Happiness comes when our hearts are peaceful and content, and when we learn to appreciate what we already have.” ― Haemin Sunim
262. “When nothing is expected, and everything is appreciated, all becomes magical.”
― Broms The Poet
263. “Appreciation for what is and what you have will bring you to a greater understanding of your life and your purpose here. Nurturing this attitude of gratitude is essential in spiritual growth!” — Tiffany Hurd
264. “Admiration and appreciation are two things that always have a positive effect on any person. But when showing how much you appreciate or appreciate someone, be specific in what you say.” — Jessica Gardner
265. “In fact, you have to have some form of appreciation or else you’ll never find any happiness. You’ll forever be wanting more and more.” — Zak Khan
Did you see your favorite appreciation quotes here?
Hopefully, these appreciation quotes have inspired you to look for ways to be grateful in your own life.
If you have your own words of appreciation to share that wasn’t included in our list, please feel free to write them in the comments below.
We’d be extremely grateful! 😉
Also, please take a minute to share this article on social media and spread all that gratitude around!