Gratitude Quotes Celebrating Life, Love & Friends
Being grateful is a choice in life you will never regret, and these grateful quotes will prove that to you!
April 19, 2023 4:00 AM EST
These gratitude quotes on appreciation will motivate you to express your appreciation for others or to identify what you have been lacking and need to hear often.
Let them inspire you to be thankful for life, love, family, and friends.
Showing appreciation for all the good that you have in life is always on-trend.
Share your favorite gratitude quote with us in the comment section below.
You may also enjoy our article on:
According to a study by Harvard Health Publishing, practicing gratitude can help improve overall well-being by increasing positive emotions, reducing stress, and improving relationships.
This statistic can be used to support the idea that gratitude is a powerful tool for improving mental health and building stronger connections with others.
What are the benefits of reading these gratitude quotes?
Perspective is everything in life; if you are truly grateful for your family, friends, and all the surrounding good, the rest is easy!
We all want to be appreciated, but are we also expressing our appreciation in return?
This is an important part of our relationships with others, knowing what they mean to us or what we mean to them.
Practicing gratitude helps us:
- feel more positive emotions
- improve our physical health and well-being
- deal with challenges
- build stronger relationships
Below is our collection of inspirational, wise, and thoughtful gratitude quotes, sayings, and proverbs, collected from various sources over the years.
Don’t forget to read our list of appreciation quotes that will remind you to always give thanks.
If you enjoy this article, check out our most popular quote article, a list of short inspirational quotes for daily motivation.
Browse our entire collection of inspirational quotes for more motivating ideas and concepts.
Gratitude Quotes About Life
A study by the University of California, Berkeley, found that people who practice gratitude are more likely to engage in healthy behaviors such as regular exercise, eating a healthy diet, and getting regular check-ups.
This statistic can be used to show that gratitude can have a positive impact on overall physical health.
Here are some inspirational gratitude quotes about life.
1. “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
You will also enjoy our article on blessed quotes.
2. “Some books are undeservedly forgotten; none are undeservedly remembered.” ― W.H. Auden, The Dyer’s Hand
You will also enjoy our article on thank you quotes.
3. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” ― Oprah Winfrey
You will also enjoy our article on happy holidays quotes.
4. “The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter.” ― Paulo Coelho, Veronika Decides to Die
You will also enjoy our article on 15 ways grateful.
5. “Behind every exquisite thing that existed, there was something tragic.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
You will also enjoy our article on serenity quotes.
6. “Music has always been a matter of Energy to me, a question of Fuel. Sentimental people call it Inspiration, but what they really mean is Fuel. I have always needed Fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio.” ― Hunter S. Thompson
You will also enjoy our article on good night quotes.
7. “At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of excuses quotes about the power of sticking to your word.
You will also enjoy our article on november quotes.
8. “To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” ― Mark Twain
9. “Forget yesterday – it has already forgotten you. Don’t sweat tomorrow – you haven’t even met. Instead, open your eyes and your heart to a truly precious gift – today.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
You will also enjoy our article on ungrateful quotes.
10. “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!” ― Mae West
Also, read these grateful quotes that are sure to add perspective to your life.
Inspirational Gratitude quotes about friends
According to a survey by the John Templeton Foundation, 59% of respondents reported that they regularly feel grateful for their lives.
This statistic can be used to demonstrate that gratitude is a widely held value and that readers can connect with the message of your article.
11. “What I’m not sure about, is if our lives have been so different from the lives of the people we save. We all complete. Maybe none of us really understand what we’ve lived through, or feel we’ve had enough time.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
12. “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive—to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love — then make that day count!” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being
13. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. TRUST. HOPE. LOVE. WISH. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale, The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass
14. “I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don’t notice it. People think pleasing God is all God cares about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” ― Alice Walker, The Color Purple
15. “My expectations were reduced to zero when I was 21. Everything since then has been a bonus.” [The Science of Second-Guessing (New York Times Magazine Interview, December 12, 2004)]” ― Stephen Hawking
16. “Love is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure:
Remove any one of the three and the triangle falls apart. Which, by the way, is something highly inadvisable.
Think about it — do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions? So, for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole.” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
17. “It’s funny how, in this journey of life, even though we may begin at different times and places, our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is a design of God that I appreciate and cherish.” ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
18. “I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, “Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes gain.” ― Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass
19. “It’s funny, but have you ever noticed that the more special something is, the more people seem to take it for granted? It’s like they think it won’t ever change. Just like this house here. All it ever needed was a little attention, and it would never have ended up like this in the first place.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Wedding
20. “The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “This place was truly the highest and the lowest of all worlds – the most beautiful senses, the most exquisite emotions…the most malevolent desires, the darkest deeds. Perhaps it was meant to be so. Perhaps without the lows, the highs could not be reached.” ― Stephenie Meyer, The Host
Don’t forget to also read these thankful quotes that will change your perspective.
Gratitude Quotes About Appreciating Our Life
According to a study by the University of California, Davis, people who practiced gratitude regularly experienced better mental and physical health outcomes.
In fact, those who practiced gratitude reported fewer physical symptoms, felt more optimistic, and had better sleep quality than those who did not.
22. “Just an observation: it is impossible to be both grateful and depressed. Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of powerful depression quotes that will provide perspective.
23. “In societies where men are truly confident of their own worth, women are not merely tolerated but valued.”(From a speech read on video on August 31, 1995 before the NGO Forum on Women, Beijing, China)” ― Aung San Suu Kyi
24. “Don’t forget, a person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.” ― H. Jackson Brown Jr., Life’s Little Instruction Book: 511 Suggestions, Observations, and Reminders on How to Live a Happy and Rewarding Life
25. “The problem that we have with a victim mentality is that we forget to see the blessings of the day. Because of this, our spirit is poisoned instead of nourished.” ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
26. “Every one of my fans is so special to me.” ― Justin Bieber, First Step 2 Forever
27. “Be happy with who you are and what you do, and you can do anything you want.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
28. “If we never experience the chill of a dark winter, it is very unlikely that we will ever cherish the warmth of a bright summer’s day. Nothing stimulates our appetite for the simple joys of life more than the starvation caused by sadness or desperation. In order to complete our amazing life journey successfully, it is vital that we turn each and every dark tear into a pearl of wisdom, and find the blessing in every curse.” ― Anthon St. Maarten, Divine Living: The Essential Guide To Your True Destiny
29. “Those who have the ability to be grateful are the ones who have the ability to achieve greatness.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
Don’t forget to also read these powerful grateful quotes that will transform your perspective.
Gratitude quotes about being thankful
Research conducted by the University of Pennsylvania found that expressing gratitude can have a positive impact on our relationships.
The study revealed that people who expressed gratitude towards their partners felt more connected to them and were more satisfied with their relationship overall.
Be inspired by these gratitude quotes about being thankful.
30. “Ten long trips around the sun since I last saw that smile, but only joy and thankfulness that on a tiny world in the vastness, for a couple of moments in the immensity of time, we were one.” ― Ann Druyan
31. “You are evidence of your mother’s strength, especially if you are a rebellious knucklehead and regardless she has always maintained her sanity.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
32. “Life is not made up of minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, or years, but of moments. You must experience each one before you can appreciate it.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach
33. “We can’t undo a single thing we have ever done, but we can make decisions today that propel us to the life we want and towards the healing we need.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
34. “I would rather be able to appreciate things I cannot have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.” ― Elbert Hubbard
35. “A very small percentage of the people in this world will actually experience and live today. So many people will be stuck on another day, another time that traumatized them and caused them to spiritually stutter so they miss out on this day.” ― Steve Maraboli
36. “Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
You might also like these inspirational morning quotes to help you seize the day.
37. “The difference between appreciation and flattery? That is simple. One is sincere and the other insincere. One comes from the heart out; the other from the teeth out.
One is unselfish; the other selfish. One is universally admired; the other universally condemned.” ― Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People
38. “Finding happiness should not be seen as finding a needle in a haystack. Happiness is within. Each day is a blessing that brings an abundance of happiness. Therefore, finding happiness should be like finding a gift in a stack of gifts.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
39. “A grateful mindset can set you free from the prison of disempowerment and the shackles of misery.” ― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
40. “The creative act is not performed by the artist alone; the spectator brings the work in contact with the external world by deciphering and interpreting its inner qualifications and thus adds his contribution to the creative act.” ― Marcel Duchamp
You might also like these entitlement quotes for a deeper sense of gratitude.
Motivational Gratitude Quotes For Life and love
Research conducted by the University of Manchester found that being grateful can improve our overall well-being.
The study revealed that people who regularly practiced gratitude reported higher levels of life satisfaction and lower levels of depression and anxiety.
41. “Sometimes we fight who we are, struggling against ourselves and our natures. But we must learn to accept who we are and appreciate who we become. We must love ourselves for what and who we are, and believe in our talents.” ― Harley King
42. “Connecting with those you know you love, like and appreciate you restore the spirit and give you the energy to keep moving forward in this life.” ― Deborah Day, BE HAPPY NOW!
43. “Now and then, however, he is horribly thoughtless and seems to take a real delight in giving me pain. Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer’s day.” ― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to check out our collection of Oscar Wilde quotes from the iconic author.
44. “For the yesterdays and today’s, and the tomorrows I can hardly wait for – Thank you.” ― Cecelia Ahern, The Book of Tomorrow
45. “The honey doesn’t taste so good once it is being eaten; the goal doesn’t mean so much once it is reached; the reward is no so rewarding once it has been given. If we add up all the rewards in our lives, we won’t have very much.
But if we add up the spaces *between* the rewards, we’ll come up with quite a bit. And if we add up the rewards *and* the spaces, then we’ll have everything – every minute of the time that we spent.” ― Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh
46. “Not having money to spend doesn’t mean we can’t have well-spent moments every day.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach, Peace and Plenty: Finding Your Path to Financial Serenity
47. “In prison, I fell in love with my country. I had loved her before then, but like most young people, my affection was little more than a simple appreciation for the comforts and privileges most Americans enjoyed and took for granted.
It wasn’t until I had lost America for a time that I realized how much I loved her. ” ― John McCain, Faith of My Fathers: A Family Memoir
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of John McCain quotes about character, America and more.
48. “Be thankful for your allotment in an imperfect world. Though better circumstances can be imagined, far worse are nearer misses than you probably care to realize.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich, Smile Anyway: Quotes, Verse, and Grumblings for Every Day of the Year
49. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of grace quotes that will change your life.
50. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
51. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” — Zig Ziglar
52. “Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” — Alice Walker
53. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
54. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” —Robert Brault
55. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” – Melody Beattie
If you’re enjoying these quotes, you’ll love our collection of inspirational quotes for friends to show just how much they mean to you.
56. Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of your favorite food, or the sound of a loved one’s voice. – Joseph B. Wirthlin
57. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” — William Arthur Ward
58. “The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement.” — Charles Schwab
An attitude of gratitude quotes
Research by the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley found that people who practice gratitude regularly report better physical health, improved sleep, and reduced symptoms of depression.
This statistic highlights the significant benefits of incorporating gratitude into one’s daily life and serves as motivation for readers to adopt a grateful mindset.
59. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” ― Doris Day
60. “Appreciation can make a day—even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” ― Margaret Cousins
61. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” ― Ralph H. Blum
62. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
63. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
64. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” ― Voltaire
65. “Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” – Brian Tracy
Gratitude quotes to bring joy to every day
According to a study by the University of Manchester, expressing gratitude can improve relationships by increasing feelings of closeness and satisfaction among partners.
This emphasizes the role of gratitude in enhancing social connections and fostering positive emotions in relationships.
Here are some more inspirational gratitude quotes for you.
66. “Gratitude is the sign of noble souls.” – Aesop (c.620-560 BC)
67. “Since we cannot get what we like, let us like what we can get.” – Spanish Proverb
68. “Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it.” – Stephen Richards
69. “Every morning, I wake up and think about 10 different things I’m thankful for, and I continue to spread that love throughout the day, always visualizing, meditating, and growing.” – Shameik Moore
70. “When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity.” – Elie Wiesel
71. “When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” – Maya Angelou
72. “Be grateful for what you already have while you pursue your goals. If you aren’t grateful for what you already have, what makes you think you would be happy with more.” – Roy T. Bennett
73. “Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.” – Zig Ziglar
Short gratitude quotes
Research by Indiana University found that writing a gratitude letter can increase feelings of happiness and reduce symptoms of depression in both the writer and the recipient of the letter.
This supports the idea that expressing gratitude can have a positive impact on one’s mental health and well-being.
74. “Be mindful. Be grateful. Be positive. Be true. Be kind.” – Roy T. Bennett
75. “Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
76. “Pursue what catches your heart, not what catches your eyes.” – Roy T. Bennett
77. “Start each day with a positive thought and a grateful heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
78. “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
79. “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Alphonse Karr
80. “True forgiveness is when you can say, Thank you for that experience.” – Oprah Winfrey
81. “Always remember people who have helped you along the way, and don’t forget to lift someone up.” – Roy T. Bennett
82. “Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.” – Eckhart Tolle
83. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
More gratitude quotes and sayings
84. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
85. “I am happy because I’m grateful. I choose to be grateful. That gratitude allows me to be happy.” – Will Arnett
86. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
87. “Live a life full of humility, gratitude, intellectual curiosity, and never stop learning.” – GZA
88. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” — Dalai Lama
89. “Always have an attitude of gratitude.” – Sterling K. Brown
90. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” — Charles Dickens
91. “Got no checkbooks, got no banks, still I’d like to express my thanks. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night.” – Irving Berlin
92. “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” —Alphonse Karr
93. “For my part, I am almost contented just now, and very thankful. Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever.” – Charlotte Brontë
Thought-provoking gratitude quotes
94. “Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – Gertrude Stein
95. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” – Jacques Martain
96. “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
97. think gratitude is a big thing. It puts you in a place where you’re humble.” – Andra Day
98. – “When it comes to life the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
99. “We have to fill our hearts with gratitude. Gratitude makes everything that we have more than enough.” – Susan L. Taylor
100. “When you view your world with an attitude of gratitude, you are training yourself to focus on the good in life.” – Paul J. Meyer
101. “I walk in a space of gratitude. I’m so grateful to God for blessing me with an amazing family and the opportunity to do what I love.” – Jurnee Smollett-Bell
102. “Gratitude isn’t a burdening emotion.” – Loretta Young
103. “I believe gratitude leads to happiness.” – Nafessa Williams
Gratitude quotes to remind you to be thankful
104. “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, ‘Thank you,’ that would suffice.” — Meister Eckhart
105. “In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
106. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” — Karl Barth
107. “Whatever we are waiting for—peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance—it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
108. “No duty is more urgent than giving thanks.” — James Allen
109. “The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing.” — Hannah Whitall Smith
110. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” — W. T. Purkiser
111. “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” — Harry A. Ironside
112. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” — Albert Barnes
113. “Thanksgiving is a special virtue. But ingratitude is opposed to Thanksgiving. Therefore ingratitude is a special sin.” — Thomas Aquinas
Gratitude Quotes To Have A Thankful Heart
114. “Speaking more about our joys actually has the power to fill our hearts with gratitude, positivity and abundance.” ― Purvi Raniga
115. “Permit yourself to bask in gratitude, explore with curiosity, and love with abandon.” ― Gina Simmons Schneider
116. “Good manners communicate attention, respect, consideration, love, and gratitude.” ― Jessica Marie Baumgartner
117. “When gratitude becomes an essential foundation in our lives, miracles start to appear everywhere.” ― Emmanuel Dagher
118. “Living in a state of gratitude is the gateway to grace.” ― Arianna Huffington
119. “Through the eyes of gratitude, everything is a miracle.” ― Mary Davis
120. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” ― Robert Holden
121. “Our smiles are the best way to convey internal joy and gratitude to the universe.” ― Purvi Raniga
122. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” ― Brené Brown
123. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good.” ― Maya Angelou
Gratitude quotes to appreciate life
124. “Gratitude takes less energy than anger.”― Kristin Cashore
125. “Be attached to nothing. Be grateful for everything.”― David Che
126. “Gratitude is medicine for a heart devastated by tragedy. If you can only be thankful for the blue sky, then do so.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
127. “Gratitude of heart can often be seen in a generous spirit.”― Our Daily Bread devotion
128. “The more you appreciate, the more you have to appreciate.”― Carma Spence
129. “Perhaps gratitude and love are one and the same.”― Erica Goros
130. “One minute of sincere gratitude can wash away a lifetime’s disappointments.”― Silvia Hartmann
131. “Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin, and an antiseptic.”― John Henry Jowett
132. “Learning to appreciate the beauty that surrounds you is one of the keys to your happiness.”― Tom Giaquinto
133. “Gratitude shouldn’t be an occasional incident but a continuous attitude.”― Anthony Nyuiemedy-Adiase
Self gratitude quotes
134. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.”― Oprah Winfrey
135. “Train yourself never to put off the word or action for the expression of gratitude.” – Albert Schweitzer
136. “You are who you are. Don’t be ashamed of yourself. At all. Surround yourself with people who cheer you on.”― Jessica Park
137. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
138. “Self-appreciation is a sign of maturity, seeking appreciation is a sign of immaturity”― Sivaprakash Sidhu
139. “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” – Maya Angelou
140. “Simply give to yourselves that which you need – which is love and appreciation without judgment.”― Réné Gaudette
141. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” – Jacques Maritain
142. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” – Kristin Armstrong
143. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
Gratitude Quotes For Happy Living
144. “Spending time in nature feeling connected with the world often elicits gratitude.” ― Diana Butler Bass
145. “To get happier, try gratitude, giving back, savoring, encouraging your optimism, and celebrating progress.” ― Jonathan Harnum
146. “Gratitude is appreciation for every moment in your life. It is a feeling of abundance.” ― Brenda Nathan
147. “The practice of gratitude empowers, heals, inspires, and fosters heartfelt well-being.” ― Angeles Arrien
148. “Pass the test of being grateful for the small things and big things will be released in your life.” ― Joel Osteen
149. “Gratitude makes you happier and more optimistic, improving your health and relationships and boosting your overall well-being.” ― Brenda Nathan
150. “Gratitude allows you to recognize that although you don’t have it yet, you are thankful for the journey you will take to achieve whatever it is you desire.” ― Debbie Dickerson
151. “Cultivating gratitude every morning when you wake up refreshed can help your day start off on a good note.” ― Rocco Cozza
152. “I believe that gratitude can change our attitude.” ― David DeNotaris
153. “I turned my attention to gratitude, and discovered that the more I cultivated a sense of appreciation for all that I had, the happier and less fearful I was.” ― M. J. Ryan
Gratitude Quotes to Cultivate an Attitude of Appreciation
154. “Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” ― William Arthur Ward
155. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” ― William Faulkner
156. “Gratitude can transform any situation. It alters your vibration, moving you from negativity to positivity.” ― Oprah Winfrey
157. “Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude.” ― Deepak Chopra
158. “Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.” ― Jack Canfield
159. “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” ― Henry Ward Beecher
160. “Gratitude is the memory of the heart.” ― Jean-Baptiste Massieu
161. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” ― Amy Collette
162. “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.” ― Rumi
163. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” ― Melodie Beatty
Which gratitude quote was your favorite?
Did they motivate you to be thankful for your friends, family, and blessings?
Don’t wait until the last minute to say how grateful you are for something.
Let these gratitude quotes and messages do it for you if you can’t say it.
Pick one—or two—and let the world know how thankful you are.
Which of these gratitude quotes resonated with you best?
Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list?
Let us know in the comment section below.
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends on social media.
November 20, 2019 at 9:34 PM
Some good quotes here, but 22 was honestly triggering and offensive. Depression isn’t the same as being ungrateful, it’s a mental illness. Maybe it’s just me being sensitive, but it has an accusatory tone towards people with an illness that isn’t their fault that they are trying so hard to fight. Just “being grateful” and “thinking positive” doesn’t cure clinical depression. There are chemical imbalances and invasive thoughts and so much more going on that is incredibly difficult to heal. Some people are depressed and ungrateful, but being depressed doesn’t mean you are ungrateful. So yeah. You can be depressed and grateful. Sorry for ranting